Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/3/2005 9:48:38 AM EDT
I have a YUGO SKS. It has a very cheap 1" scope on it. Maybe $20 cost. Where can I get a better quality compact scope with crosshairs that will still allow me to use stripper clips?
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a kit made by ATI that came with a scope, but i'm not sure who makes the scope.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the scope any good?
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2005 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback!
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is the scope any good?

It's allright. The only problem is that it mounts to the reciever cover. So whenever you disassemble the rifle it goes out of zero.

Other than that it's allright. I mean shit, the SKS isnt exactly a marksmans rifle.

And Shotar. That DC engineering sells a muzzle brake for 125 bucks. How on earth can a muzzle brake be THAT good?
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought the mount rings and scope for $30.00 and it holds zero well. Think it was a Leapers brand and the scope is 4X
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info!
Mannie
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I want to put a long scope on my Yougo. I have run into all sorts of problems. The biggest problem is that I can't use the stripper clips. I have found a few rail extenders. I have not bought any, but if you guys take a look, let me know what you think.  I have a reciever/scope mount on the Sks, and I think I can install one of these on top of it to bring it back far enough so the shells wont hit the scope, and still use the stripper clips.

ar-15-accessories.batcave.net/armsmounts/prods/36SEX556.html

www.fiberopticsight.com/miva/merchant.mvc?store_code=MSP&screen=PROD&product_code=36EX556
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top