Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/1/2023 4:46:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnidelyWhiplash]
Finally had a chance to get a new ZPAP M70 to the range yesterday. Thought there might be a problem with the trigger; This trigger has a pretty normal AK length pull but zero “wall”…. I mean zero. There’s no way to tell when the trigger will break and the rifle will fire.

I found the following video on YouTube and these guys describe my rifle’s trigger exactly at 6:30 min …
Just Panic Bought A ZPAP. Was It Worth It?

I guess this very light trigger feel with no wall is normal for the ZPAP M70 rifles?
Owners of a ZPAP M70, is your trigger like this?
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Having once had a Romy SAR-1, it's damn near a match trigger compared to that. Lol
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Same, was weird at first.

I put an ALG trigger in it.

It's just apples and oranges compared to a good AR triggers
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Ugh. I guess this is normal. My other AK’s have triggers that are light but this is on another level. I wanted to use this rifle in a general purpose - home defense type role but with this trigger I’m not sure if that’s really appropriate.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for ALG
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnidelyWhiplash] [#5]
I sent an email to Zastava USA asking about the trigger. Their response:

“The factory trigger should have even travel throughout and a clean break. It shouldn't have a perceivable wall as there will be no weight of pull difference between the start and finish of the triggers cycle like there would be in a 2-stage trigger.”

I’m really grateful they took the time to reply and explain how the standard M70 trigger should feel.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
My trigger is the same and I love it,
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#7]
+2 for ALG.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top