Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2024 5:37:28 PM EDT
Been waiting for one of these for a long time.  Anyone get their mitts on one yet?  How are they?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Put 250 rounds of various types through mine today. It was 100% reliable as expected. Mags were initially a bear to load on the 10th round but they are getting better.

I don't have any previous gen 30 models to compare but the trigger was OK. I honestly don't see much improvement in gen 5 triggers but to each their own.

I wear an xl glove but found the grip very comfortable with no backstrap attached.

I shoot a decent bit of .45 but the recoil impulse on this little guy was surprising. Some combination of the grip shape and recoil spring made for a very comfortable gun to shoot. Kind of makes me want the 10mm. Actually prefer it to my 21.

The online reviews lament the lack of an optics cut but I don't miss it. Reddots on pistols might be better in every way imaginable - I don't have the energy to argue - but they drive me nuts.

Still working on finding a holster I like.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the mini review.  I’m heading to a local shop today and will pick one up if they’re in stock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
hard to justify it even though I am eligible for blue label.  Like new 30s police trade ins are like 350.  Maybe if I could get 350 for my 30s (I do like the s models more, but i would like to ditch the finger grooves).
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ajacobs:
hard to justify it even though I am eligible for blue label.  Like new 30s police trade ins are like 350.  Maybe if I could get 350 for my 30s (I do like the s models more, but i would like to ditch the finger grooves).
View Quote
@ajacobs, Link to $350 police trade in 30S pistols?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ajacobs] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:
@ajacobs, Link to $350 police trade in 30S pistols?
View Quote
I will list mine in the equipment exchange if you want it.  My local Blue Label Distributer doesnt' really have an online presence but sells some stuff through gunbroker. Last I was there he had a couple hundred .40 calls for 249-299, gen 5 glock 19's for 399 So far from a deal although the one I looked at was minty and had night sights, glock 21's but I don't recall the price, 40 cal 320's and tons of sig 22x pistols that I didnt bother to look at.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#6]
MY 30 G5 Is my first G30.  I have a few hundred rounds through it so far and it has been fine.  The trigger guard hits my middle finger knuckle a little bit, but it is bearable.  For some reason it is a little less comfortable than by 29G4 with full power loads.  Not sure why.
I picked mine up from the LGS a little before they were announced at shot show.  The 10 rd mags are really tight, to the point where I can't seat it with 10+1 easily.  Not sure if this is a G30 norm or not.  
It's definitely not as soft shooting as my 21G4, but it isn't too far off.  Very accurate with everything I have shot through it.  Don't regret the purchase, but I'm not sure if I will keep it long term.
Top Top