Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 11/16/2019 11:29:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AV1611]
Won a Gunbroker auction for a cherry condition stainless K9 manufactured Feb 2003. Comes with factory box, manual, cards and 2 factory mags. I won the auction for $380.  It's my first K9. Am really excited. I've wanted one for years. There was one bid at $370. I put in my bid of $380 last Sunday. No action at all until the auction ended Thursday afternoon. Can't believe no one else bid on it.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dfariswheel] [#1]
You got a real steal.

Since you don't know how many rounds have been through it, I recommend ordering a new factory weight recoil spring from Kahr.
Don't install any extra-power springs, that almost always makes trouble.  These are designed to use a very specific spring weight.

They seem to love running with a little grease on the frame and slide rails and the outside of the barrel and recoil spring.

No work on the trigger is needed, it's perfect as-is.  If you've shot a DA revolver much, there's not much transition to the Kahr.  It was designed to feel like a S&W revolver trigger.

Pay attention to the info on the 200 round break in period, and pay strict attention to the details of loading from slide lock-back.
These tiny guns have strong springs and not a lot of slide to grip, so people routinely try to "sling shot" the slide to load and it jams.
They invariably blame the gun.
This is simply a different manual of arms for the Kahr pistols.

These are almost always 100% reliable guns and if you have problems, either shoot it more, or try a different brand/type of ammo.

One Kahr quirk.... magazines tend to shed rounds if carried in a pocket or in some magazine carriers.
Shop around for a magazine carrier on the Kahr site, or look for one of the plastic single mag pocket cases or one of the slip-on plastic covers.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Top Top