Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/16/2007 6:25:46 PM EDT
I'm getting these parts made by a friend who owns a machine shop. I'd like to gauge interest to see how many people want them. I'd like to have at least 50 people interested before I tell my buddy to start making them.

If you know about 922R, these three parts are on the list of imported benelli m4 parts and should bring you to under 10 imported parts in conjunction with the other US parts available.

It's going to cost about $100.00 for the three, which is around the price you'd pay for benelli made ones. Mine will be heat treated and bead blasted to the same spec you'd get from benelli.

Please let me know if you are interested.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll take a set too.

Gas pistons would also be necessary and would be fairly easy to do.  You should look into this also.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Im game as well. Maybe you will want to post this in the benelli forums and maybe shotgunworld... primarly the basement forum.

My weapon currently is stock, but in the future I would like to have spare parts and then add a tube or whatnot.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 12:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll take a set too.

Gas pistons would also be necessary and would be fairly easy to do.  You should look into this also.

Id be down for a set.

The gas piston looks like it may take a fair ammount of R&D. It would have to be CNC on a mill and a lathe, unless you just cast them, and I wouldnt trust that.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm interested in a set as well; just make sure the parts are stamped US, so they pass muster.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll definitely have them stamped with US. I could see about the piston. My friend can make anything at his shop, but the piston would indeed be complicated to make. I might buy one and ask him about it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I Posted on Brian Enos' website but the post got deleted.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Just so you're aware, there are several others who are undertaking this also. Check out the BenelliUSA forums. People who are chiming in here with "I'll take one" will likely go with whoever has them available first unless you take commitment orders.  Something to consider...
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#10]
people have been talking about producing this stuff... I don't think they've actually taken any real action yet. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd be in for a set.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#12]

I'll go for a set also.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
ill take a set, thank you
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm interested.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll take a set.  I've seen a lot of empty promises about US parts for the M4s in the last year or so though, so I hope your guy actually follows through.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
I'll take a set.  I've seen a lot of empty promises about US parts for the M4s in the last year or so though, so I hope your guy actually follows through.  hats
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll take a set.  I've seen a lot of empty promises about US parts for the M4s in the last year or so though, so I hope your guy actually follows through.  

thats exactly why I've decided to do it myself.

I hear that!  Thanks for stepping up to the plate!  
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I definitely look forward to buy a set; hopefully with this set and the pistons, i can finally add that full size mag tube i want.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought we only needed 5 US made parts to make them compliant?  Thats magazine body, follower, and spring, all available now, and the trigger group (3 more).  Correct?  I don't know why everyone wants gas pistons too, and they seem like a huge pain to machine if you ask me.  Not to mention if they aren't the right material, treatments, etc they could cause functioning problems.  

ETA:  Never mind, I found a list:

1. Receiver/frame
2. Barrel
3. Bolt
4. Bolt carrier
5. Trigger housing
6. Trigger
7. Disconnector
8. Hammer
9. Buttstock
10. Pistol grip
11. Forearm/handguard
12. Magazine tube
13. Follower
14. Gas Piston 1
15. Gas Piston 2

Guess we'll need those pistons after all, since the spring doesn't count.  

I'd put a surefire handguard on it in a heartbeat though as soon as the trigger group parts are available, and it'll be good to go.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 3:30:36 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a US made mag tube.
I can easily get a US made mag follower.
These three parts would bring me to 10.

I'd need one more.

Surefire makes a forearm.

That's it. That's the list.
Link Posted: 11/19/2007 4:56:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm interested.  Already have a stamped US mag tube and can get a follower NP.  Looks like I can start looking for a stock that doesn't cost a bazillion dollars now :)

ETA: A US-made collapsible stock would make me giggle... all my evil features would be made in the USA at that point.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump for updates.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Tag -
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#24]
in for a set or two
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I talked to my buddy today, he's going to make the parts from 4140, and harden them to about HRC 60. The materials are being shipped to his shop and hes gonna start on them next week.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I talked to my buddy today, he's going to make the parts from 4140, and harden them to about HRC 60. The materials are being shipped to his shop and hes gonna start on them next week.

OUTSTANDING!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I would like a set.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hey man; what's the status on the parts? I do want that set and i patiently await for the finished product.
Link Posted: 12/7/2007 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Interest here too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I am interested.
Pat
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm going to be meeting with my friend this week. I will give you an update probably on wednesday.
Link Posted: 12/12/2007 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#32]
well I met with my friend today. he was having some trouble with the pattern, but I helped him with it. we should have a prototype by the end of next week. then I will test them and if it works well i will start making them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I will buy a set too.  Please let me know when these parts are available.  I'll send money now if it will help move the process along.
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#34]
By the way, a buffer spring tube that is milled with indents to be compatible with the collapsible stock would be nice to have too.  

Also, I read that Surefire might be going to make a handguard for the new M4, which would add a US part from the list.

Mag tube, follower (from surecycle) trigger, hammer and handguard would make the magic number without having to reproduce the gas piston.    

As long as you're making the hammer and trigger, you might as well make the sear too.  That would be3.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2007 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Definitely interested too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2007 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Tag for future interest
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 4:02:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
By the way, a buffer spring tube that is milled with indents to be compatible with the collapsible stock would be nice to have too.  

Also, I read that Surefire might be going to make a handguard for the new M4, which would add a US part from the list.

Mag tube, follower (from surecycle) trigger, hammer and handguard would make the magic number without having to reproduce the gas piston.    

As long as you're making the hammer and trigger, you might as well make the sear too.  That would be3.  

The surefire handguard is available now, it's an ugly SOB but I'd put one on anyway to meet the part count requirements.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

He will be making a disconnecter. M4s don't have sears.

A US made trigger, hammer, disconnecter, follower, and mag tube will be all you need to make good with Uncle Sam. Only those who wish to use Italian made magazine tubes and whatnot will need to worry about handguards and gas pistons.
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Make them for the M3.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He will be making a disconnecter. M4s don't have sears.

A US made trigger, hammer, disconnecter, follower, and mag tube will be all you need to make good with Uncle Sam. Only those who wish to use Italian made magazine tubes and whatnot will need to worry about handguards and gas pistons.

I meant to write disconnector.  It's made of stainless on my M4, BTW.  I also discovered that the buffer tube on my storebought M4 is already milled with the slots for the collapsible stock and appears to be set up to accomodate all three positions.  What a pleasant surprise!  Trouble is, the temptation to slip the collapsible on and become a sinner is growing so very strong.  

Get thee behind me, Satan...
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I too would get a set. Just NEED the PM - / - contact info  : )

great news!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#42]
ok, sorry for the delay in progress updates but here is what I have:

I initially ran into problems in the design of the parts, but solved them. I have the parts designed in CAD to scale and they SHOULD be started on this week. The machine shop isn't giving me huge priority and I had to do most of the design myself until I got something that was acceptable to the engineers. There were several times I thought I had a fine design and they needed me to work on it more, but the drawings are all done now to the satisfaction of the folks there. I hesitate to announce when I'll have parts available for testing, but it should be soon.

At first the guys at the shop were real optimistic about producing them and I got a little excited, not realizing the work that goes into it. Hopefully the next update will be real soon.

Regards,
Alex
Link Posted: 1/4/2008 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Will these parts work on an m1super90?
Link Posted: 1/5/2008 4:41:38 AM EDT
[#44]
what is the purpose of us made parts educate me please
Link Posted: 1/5/2008 4:49:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
what is the purpose of us made parts educate me please

Since the M4 Super 90 is made in Italy it is illegal under 922(r) to put a mag tube with more than 5 round capacity, as well as a pistol grip or collapsing stock.  If there are fewer than 10 foreign made parts (as defined by the BATFE) then it is legal.  We already have mag followers, magazine tubes, and handguards that are US made, so with three more parts it would be legal.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 2:14:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I hate to wiz on everyone’s spark plugs, but putting a full-lenght magazine tube on a non-NFA M4 that has a pistol grip is illegal—PERIOD! Buying one is OK, as is selling one, but put it on the gun, get caught, and your butt is hanging out there. If you look at the law you will see that because it is a foreign made semi-auto shotgun, and does not have the required number of U.S. made parts, it can only have one (1) of the following; magazine capacity over 5 shots, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, pistol grip, removable magazine, folding or collapsible stock. The reason Benelli stopped selling the M1014 stock to civilians is because it has both the pistol grip AND the collapsible stock which is in violation of federal firearms law. Don’t believe me—call ATF..

I have spoken with the ATF Technology Branch in West Virginia at great length about this and they assured me that this is absolutely the case and doing otherwise is a violation of the Gun Control Act. The fact that some of the mag tubes are a U.S. made part means NOTHING. It is a felony which carries stiff fines and jail time. It would also preclude one from owning ANY firearms and/or working for the federal government.

As has been outlined on this site before by another member, the ONLY way around this is to re-classify the gun as an NFA Class III weapon. The way you would do this is to call it a “short-barreled shotgun”. You don’t actually have to make the barrel short as some people assume; you just have to re-class the receiver. This is done with ATF Form 1— Application to Make and Register a Firearm. It costs $200 and requires being signed off by the chief law enforcement officer in your area. If you are a Law Enforcement officer, same-same—without having to pay the $200, but it still needs to have the change registered with ATF. The ATF guy went on to tell me that the main way they catch people who do stuff like this is when they go on the web and blab. I have to assume that all of the people who have posted photos of their modified M4s along with the description of what they did, have already received their Class III stamp.

Some of you may have already read this thread on the Benelli forum, as I recognize the user names here on ARFCOM.  It is an interesting thread (for some of us, myself included, a head scratcher).  What is your input?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 2:19:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Just as a clarification, I wrote the fourth paragraph.  The previous three was cut and pasted from the Benelli Forum.  I'm the the original author.  

<FIRESUIT ACTIVATED!>
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 2:24:10 AM EDT
[#48]
OST
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 2:45:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Just as a clarification, I wrote the fourth paragraph.  The previous three was cut and pasted from the Benelli Forum.  I'm the the original author.  

<FIRESUIT ACTIVATED!>

Yes, we are all well aware of 922(r) around here.  We had a nice multi-page discussion or two on just that subject with regards to the M4 not long ago.  

here

Also, the crap you quoted (I saw it in the Benelli forum also) is factually inaccurate and alarmist bullshit for the most part.  I love how the original poster thinks he suddenly discovered a great secret we (firearms owners) didn't know.    When we get US made fire control group parts, as well as the already available magazine tubes, mag followers, and forends, the M4 will be under the necessary parts count for 922(r) and we can configure it any way we want to.    The alarmist who wrote that crap at the Benelli forum should be much more worried about the tens of thousands of bubbas building AK kits with no compliance parts in them.  Many of them have never heard of 922(anything), I can assure you!
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<FIRESUIT ACTIVATED!>

Yes, we are all well aware of 922(r) around here.  We had a nice multi-page discussion or two on just that subject with regards to the M4 not long ago.  

here

Also, the crap you quoted (I saw it in the Benelli forum also) is factually inaccurate and alarmist bullshit for the most part.  I love how the original poster thinks he suddenly discovered a great secret we (firearms owners) didn't know.    When we get US made fire control group parts, as well as the already available magazine tubes, mag followers, and forends, the M4 will be under the necessary parts count for 922(r) and we can configure it any way we want to.    The alarmist who wrote that crap at the Benelli forum should be much more worried about the tens of thousands of bubbas building AK kits with no compliance parts in them.  Many of them have never heard of 922(anything), I can assure you!

Ditto!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top