Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2024 7:23:38 AM EDT
I have a friend who passed a year or so ago. His wife, also a friend wants me to have his SBR (on a trust) and 2 cans (probably on a trust)

Can she as the executor of his estate form 5 them to me, or would I need to do a form 4?

If I can receive on a 5 can I use my EFT prints and digital photo or is it paper prints as well?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By BULLDAWG_556:
I have a friend who passed a year or so ago. His wife, also a friend wants me to have his SBR (on a trust) and 2 cans (probably on a trust)

Can she as the executor of his estate form 5 them to me, or would I need to do a form 4?

If I can receive on a 5 can I use my EFT prints and digital photo or is it paper prints as well?

Thanks
View Quote

I’m pretty sure you would need a Form 4.  Form 5 is for transferring to a heir or beneficiary of a will.  I’m guessing you are neither.  Also, since the SBR is on a trust, it’s still owned by the trust.  Trusts don’t die.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
was he the only one able to amend the trust? if not, just have her add you to the trust then you take possession no stamp needed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
If you were not specifically bequeathed those items in the will, no form 5 is my understanding.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. She is going to have her attorney look at the trust, if that doesn't work I guess it's form 4 bound....
Top Top