Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2024 2:14:55 AM EDT
I have seen many M60 barrel bags over the years, but only one where the sides of the bag had about 1/2" (or so) of foam padding. One of the outside vendors at Knob Creek had it for sale, along with a lot of other used military clothing. It didn't have a price on it, but it was just tossed in a bin with a bunch of other used stuff, so I doubt that the seller thought of it as "special". I didn't buy it when I first saw it, then went back for it later and it was gone.

What is the story on these padded barrel bags? I'm fairly certain that they are a very early item, since they are uncommon. Does anyone know the approximate time frame that these were issued? How about a place where a guy could purchase one?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#1]
Did it look like A or B?

A:
Attachment Attached File

B:
Attachment Attached File

B is the M240 barrel bag from the early 2000s.

There was an early version of A which was canvas instead of rubberized: https://www.mooremilitaria.com/newly-listed/bar-bag-can.html
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It was the "A" type, and was made from the same rubberized material as they usually are. The only difference was the foam padding.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
They must have used extra fluffy asbestos for those.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I may have one. I'll take a look.  I know of the 3-4 sitting around, one has thicker walls.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm still following this thread, so please let me know what you find out.
Top Top