Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 12/18/2023 11:55:01 AM EDT
I’m beginning the process of putting together a dedicated .22 upper and I need the auto sear relief cut made in the SP1 upper I’ll be using.  I just need the cut made and not a refinish.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I did the M16 sear relief section grinding (on a DPMS Oracle upper) myself.  It's not rocket surgery.  The grinding stone was pretty much totally clogged with aluminum when I was done, but I've been shooting the upper for over ten years and thousands of rounds without any problems.

Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation with or financial interest in any vendor or manufacturer.  I am not a competitive shooter or a blogger who receives any form of compensation or sponsorship for endorsements, or favorable public or private comments.  I do not have a website, podcasts, webinars, or online videos; or books/magazine articles.  Use of vendor and/or product brand names, if any, is for informational purposes only; and products or services were purchased by me from regular commercial sources.

Best of luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I no longer have a Bridgeport, but I do have a Dremel.  Pre-Bridgeport I would have Dremeled it, but I prefer the milled appearance now.  There’s no going back for me, lol!
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
If I were contemplating your project, I would be contacting John Thomas at Retro Arms Works. He is highly recommended, both for stellar quality and fast turnaround.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ll check him out.  Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Page Armory » M-16
Top Top