BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2006 4:35:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 4:40:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking good!
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 5:55:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, how much does it weigh?  Oh yeah, more details to follow.  I'm getting ahead of you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Definitely gonna need more review than this, stop being a tease and put out.

I think they should fill in the area of the receiver heel with the top rail section so it's more flush and defined with the lower stock section instead if leaving it open there. It looks too strange to me and an additional crevice to catch dirt and brush up inside. You could also then put another pin or other attachment point for the top rail there to the lower for even a better and stronger connection of the two pieces together. I don't need to the see the receiver heel myself or want to in this stock and that area isn't open on an AR or M4, why leave it open here. For the top rail to fill in that area more flush, connect more and rest with a pad on the receiver heel should be all the better for the platform.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
damn.  I see my bank account figures dwindling rapidly in the near future...
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a pic of a different configuration:

More pics here

Take care,

Tony
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here is a pic of a different configuration:

img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-8/1209369/TacticalScopesm-576.jpg

More pics here

Take care,

Tony

login required?
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool. Now we need a new release date.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 5:07:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cool. Now we need a new release date.

Very soon

BookHound with the prototype

Link Posted: 10/23/2006 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#9]
1. Does anyone have a realiable estimated MSRP?
2. How well does this set up retain zero with the BUIS?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#10]
oooooh that is cool...!

Dare I ask what the pricing will be ... ?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
1. Does anyone have a realiable estimated MSRP?
2. How well does this set up retain zero with the BUIS?  

IM sent ~
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:22:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad it finally made it out...  I've been waiting for this for some time!

Couple small things I would prefer different, but I think Troy hit pretty close to the mark with this.

CTay
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#14]
So pricing?

And what is the mission of this (very cool) chassis? Is it meant to bring the M14 into the CQB arena or is it a precision type thing?

What other mods are necessary? I notice there is no GLFS ... or any FS for that matter ... and only a BUIS. Weight?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So pricing?

And what is the mission of this (very cool) chassis? Is it meant to bring the M14 into the CQB arena or is it a precision type thing?

What other mods are necessary? I notice there is no GLFS ... or any FS for that matter ... and only a BUIS. Weight?

Price: $595 and up... Contact LAW483 for details.

Mission: Close Quarters Battle (CQB) Carbine, Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) or a Semi-Auto Sniper System (SASS).

$595 gets you the chassis. You supply the butt stock and pistol grip of your choosing.
You also supply your choice of BUIS and optics.

Weight: About 12 pounds as pictured below.

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks waterman!

That's actually better than I was expecting price wise. Very interesting options there!
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
H20_MAN, is the rifle in your picture loaded with twenty rounds of ammunition?  IOW, with ammunition, the rifle as pictured is 12 pounds or 13 pounds (one pound for the ammo)?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
H20_MAN, is the rifle in your picture loaded with twenty rounds of ammunition?

It's about 12 pounds as pictured with 20 rounds of ammo in the mag
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks, H20_MAN.  So, the Troy Industries M14 MCS with EOTech sight in your photo is about 1/2 pound heavier than a USGI M14 with a USGI synthetic stock and USGI nylon small arms sling with a full magazine.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thanks, H20_MAN.  So, the Troy Industries M14 MCS with EOTech sight in your photo is about 1/2 pound heavier than a USGI M14 with a USGI synthetic stock and USGI nylon small arms sling with a full magazine.  

The weight includes the BUIS and the M93B.
I bring this up because the M93B weighs about a pound more the VLTOR stock that TROY had installed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#21]
According to the Law483 site this stock could still be a year out on deliveries or am I reading it wrong?

Also you said you have to supply the stock.  Do you mean supply it to LAW483 or just that you assemble it yourself?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
According to the Law483 site this stock could still be a year out on deliveries or am I reading it wrong?

Also you said you have to supply the stock.  Do you mean supply it to LAW483 or just that you assemble it yourself?

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion on my site!  I will make it less confusing.

I don't have a firm ship date yet, but based on my conversations with Steve Troy I expect to have stocks between 15 December and 11 January.  Maybe sooner, but I think mid-December is realistic timing.

Take Care,

Tony

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Thanks

Udated
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Not bad at all.  

It looks like it will feel alot better than a Sage in the handling department.

And I've seen 2 different pistol grips on it, a Magpul MIAD, and a Tango Down.

Which one will it come with stock?

And is that piece of metal around the barrel the same as the one for the Sage?

And we need a RANGE REPORT on it's accuracy!

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:35:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

And I've seen 2 different pistol grips on it, a Magpul MIAD, and a Tango Down.
Which one will it come with stock?

And is that piece of metal around the barrel the same as the one for the Sage?

And we need a RANGE REPORT on it's accuracy!

It came with the TD and I installed the Magpul items.
It will be sold naked. Put whatever pistol grip and butt stock you want on it.

Yes, that is the SAGE op rod guide block. Steve and I made it fit, then decided to stay with plan A.
I will replace the sage guide with a GI guide and head for the range. I will campare it with my Crazy Horse MK14 SEI.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:48:24 AM EDT
[#26]
sexiest thing I've seen since the rabbi's daughter was playmate of the month.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#27]
H2O man,
             It would be great to see a more defined pic of the receiver area and magazine well from the inside. How about a look down the sight plane from the rear of the stock too?

Thanks  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
H2O man,
             It would be great to see a more defined pic of the receiver area and magazine well from the inside. How about a look down the sight plane from the rear of the stock too?

Thanks  

18 Large Hi Definition Pictures close up of the Troy SOPMOD M14 MCS Here

Click here for H2O Man's Range day pictures, and click on the thumbnails for larger pics.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Thanks Tony, I appreciate it and those shots are great but not quite the exact view looking down into the receiver fit and mag well from above I was hoping for and the sight plane view from rear. More of a view from the way it would look to your eyes with you in cheekweld to the buttstock about to take a shot and the receiver fit as if you just took your receiver out of the stock and were looking straight down into the stock.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I was hoping for and the sight plane view from rear. More of a view from the way it would look to your eyes with you in cheekweld to the buttstock about to take a shot and the receiver fit as if you just took your receiver out of the stock and were looking straight down into the stock.

This rifle is currently a pile of parts, I will make a point
to photograph those angles as I put it back together.

Give me a few days ~
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was hoping for and the sight plane view from rear. More of a view from the way it would look to your eyes with you in cheekweld to the buttstock about to take a shot and the receiver fit as if you just took your receiver out of the stock and were looking straight down into the stock.

www.athenswater.com/MCSicon.jpg

Give me a few days ~

Thanks H2Oman
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.athenswater.com/MCSicon.jpg

Give me a few days ~

Thanks H2Oman

Why wait a few days?

Click for >> HERE then scroll down to the bottom of the page for new pictures.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Perfect, that's just what I was looking for, thank you again.
Excellent precision work as always with Troy products and it looks very similar to a usgi cut on the inside in many ways too. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the stock progresses to the final production model.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#34]
With the help of Josh at Clyde Armory I had the SAGE op rod guide on my MK14 SEI action replaced with the GI op rod guide LAW483 sent me.
I tweaked a few things and reassembled the TROY MCS ~ now it's trigger time

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
With the help of Josh at Clyde Armory I had the SAGE op rod guide on my MK14 SEI action replaced with the GI op rod guide LAW483 sent me.
I tweaked a few things and reassembled the TROY MCS ~ now it's trigger time

www.athenswater.com/images/GrayScaleMCS.jpg

That's your M1A receivered action right? How was the lockup and how tight was it?

There's no adjustment anywhere I see on the stock to receiver fit so how it fits is how it fits.
I'm dying to see how Steve Troy works out the gap.

I'll be looking forward to your further range report on the stock with this action.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:44:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
That's your M1A receivered action right? How was the lockup and how tight was it?

There's no adjustment anywhere I see on the stock to receiver fit so how it fits is how it fits.
I'm dying to see how Steve Troy works out the gap.

I'll be looking forward to your further range report on the stock with this action.

Yep, I supplied everything pictured except the chassis stock and BUIS.
The lockup is as tight as it is in the SAGE and the MCS does have adjustments...
one for rear sight rail elevation, one on each side of the trigger group pad and one up front on the barrel.

All of the adjustments were used to fit the SOCOM action Steve had in it.
None of these adjustments were needed to fit my MK14 SEI action built on a Norinco.

The chassis is made for GI receivers. The ChiCom receiver locks in just like a GI receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top