Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2023 1:40:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04]
I have a blued Colt series 80 that has about 1200 rounds through it. I bought this pistol with the intention of doing some custom work but I just don’t think it’s worth it anymore. Plus, I hardly shoot the Colt very much. I primarily shoot and train with my modded G19 and stock G43X. I also have a modded BHP that I shoot more than my Colt.

Someone I know wants to buy it off me, but I’m kinda struggling to come up with a price.

As you guys know, these guns are no longer on the roster, so you gotta find someone wanting to sell.

I was thinking about pricing this thing at about $1000. Do you guys think that is too much?

What would you guys price this at?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
X2 msrp is the going rate.  

I’d buy it @ $1000, a base Springfield is almost a grand.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Gunbroker.com to get a reference point on pricing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks to be about what they’re going for online. Might be able to get a bit of a premium for it being off roster assuming you sold it here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 10:44:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ajcrash:
Looks to be about what they’re going for online. Might be able to get a bit of a premium for it being off roster assuming you sold it here.
View Quote

Yeah, it’ll be a California sale. So, sounds like about $1200 would be on the more premium end for a used Colt in Cali.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd look on Calguns and try and find something similar to value it. Gunbroker doesn't have the roster factored into the prices there. I don't know Colts but the two series 80's I saw on CG were both around $4k. Unless you're just looking to cut it loose to someone you know and like, I'd research a little harder before letting it go for around a grand. Like others have said a basic bitch Springfield is a grand these days.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 5:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#7]
Originally Posted By -Blue-:
I'd look on Calguns and try and find something similar to value it. Gunbroker doesn't have the roster factored into the prices there. I don't know Colts but the two series 80's I saw on CG were both around $4k. Unless you're just looking to cut it loose to someone you know and like, I'd research a little harder before letting it go for around a grand. Like others have said a basic bitch Springfield is a grand these days.
View Quote

That is waaaaay to much. I'm gonna take a look around, but can't imagine someone paying 4k for a used Colt Series 80 pistol.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Good call on Calguns. I totally forgot about checking there. They’re significantly higher valued than the national market.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:

That is waaaaay to much. I'm gonna take a look around, but can't imagine someone paying 4k for a used Colt Series 80 pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Blue-:

You would be surprised.  People here are paying 5k for a $2500 staccato.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Gonna sell it to someone via a friend for $1500.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Of course, you mis-worded that, right?  You meant that the buyer is the friend of a friend.

Private party sales have to be face-to-face, you and the buyer, right?

I could easily be wrong about both the above.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
Of course, you mis-worded that, right?  You meant that the buyer is the friend of a friend.

Private party sales have to be face-to-face, you and the buyer, right?

I could easily be wrong about both the above.
View Quote

Thanks for pointing that out. I am gonna sell the pistol to a friend of friend and it will be done via an FFL. Everything is going to be done by the book. Im
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks for pointing that out. I am gonna sell the pistol to a friend of friend and it will be done via an FFL. Everything is going to be done by the book. Im
View Quote

If the deal falls thru, I'll be a friend also have a good FFL/Dealer it can be sent to.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rmrz:

If the deal falls thru, I'll be a friend also have a good FFL/Dealer it can be sent to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rmrz:

The deal went through, rmrz.
Top Top