Quoted:

I see you made your point.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry Treetop, was meant as ajoke, didn't add the smiley face.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not the topic..it's the timing.
You can't believe we are naive enough to not realize what this sudden interest in maglites is all about.

Let's see, we went from banning specific words, to banning inferences (unless your inference is that Derek is a racist) and now we're moving onto banning legitimate self-defense discussions based on that discussion's "timing".

Ya'll are doing a bang-up job.

When does the locking of members based on their "potential" posts begin?

So how about digging up posts from say last month where maglites where the hot topic in the AZ forum!
And why is it the only self defense discussion is about maglites..which is apparently how the word tonk originated?
Sorry but that dog don't hunt.

WTF do YOU care WHY we discuss what we discuss?  Wasn't the whole point of the rule to end the use of the word?  

Well, no one is using the word, and if people wanna be funny and make posts about Maglites, WTF do you care?  No one is breaking the rules, no one is violating the CoC, so who gives a f@#%?  

God forbid people have some fun.  We can't possibly allow people to be irreverent, especially if there is the slight chance it is at staff expense, right?  This whole situation is about the staff acting like jackasses over nothing.  

I'm tired of reading "it's Ed's house", "it's our rules", etc... news flash for you, without USERS, this site will no longer exist.  If we're going to be scrutinized for every post, not only based on content but also timing and possible motivation for making posts, I'm sure a lot of posters will just take their ball and go home, and an empty sandbox won't generate traffic, or memberships, or ad revenue.  Then you all can overmoderate a site with no users, that should be entertaining for you.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
AZ/NM Dwellers, please pardon the intrusion but this thread looks to be the best to get some stuff off my chest (and pile on the mods/staff ).

One of Murphy's laws state that "The chances of a piece of toast landing butter-side down, is directly related to the cost of the carpet." In terms of this issue, "The degree of uproar over this issue is directly related to how trivial it was to begin with."

I hate to say it, but I sincerely believe that the amount of energy wasted on dealing with this issue by the mods/staff is woefully misdirected. I've seen so many serious problems crop up lately on this board that I can't believe that this is the issue that the mods/staff have chosen as the "hill to die on".

If the mods/staff are going to be so petty as to lock/ban based on inferences then Why TF does CYANIDE still have an active account here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.

+1

Should I add Virginia22 as the other professional troll???

My.........

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
AZ/NM Dwellers, please pardon the intrusion but this thread looks to be the best to get some stuff off my chest (and pile on the mods/staff ).

One of Murphy's laws state that "The chances of a piece of toast landing butter-side down, is directly related to the cost of the carpet." In terms of this issue, "The degree of uproar over this issue is directly related to how trivial it was to begin with."

I hate to say it, but I sincerely believe that the amount of energy wasted on dealing with this issue by the mods/staff is woefully misdirected. I've seen so many serious problems crop up lately on this board that I can't believe that this is the issue that the mods/staff have chosen as the "hill to die on".

If the mods/staff are going to be so petty as to lock/ban based on inferences then Why TF does CYANIDE still have an active account here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.

+1

Should I add Virginia22 as the other professional troll???

My.........

www.coinfacts.com/two_cents/1870_two_cents_rev.jpg

+ eleventy hundred.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]

if it keeps you warm at night, think that all ya want.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not the topic..it's the timing.
You can't believe we are naive enough to not realize what this sudden interest in maglites is all about.

Let's see, we went from banning specific words, to banning inferences (unless your inference is that Derek is a racist) and now we're moving onto banning legitimate self-defense discussions based on that discussion's "timing".

Ya'll are doing a bang-up job.

When does the locking of members based on their "potential" posts begin?

So how about digging up posts from say last month where maglites where the hot topic in the AZ forum!
And why is it the only self defense discussion is about maglites..which is apparently how the word tonk originated?
Sorry but that dog don't hunt.

WTF do YOU care WHY we discuss what we discuss?  Wasn't the whole point of the rule to end the use of the word?  

Well, no one is using the word, and if people wanna be funny and make posts about Maglites, WTF do you care?  No one is breaking the rules, no one is violating the CoC, so who gives a f@#%?

Yep. Seems Staff has gone from wanting to ban certain "offensive" words but now they're actually wanting to ban certain offensive THOUGHTS we we may be thinking while posting.

This is exactly like how Communists operate - "word control" suddenly becomes "thought control"... for the good of the collective.

Fuck that bullshit!

Quoted:
God forbid people have some fun.  We can't possibly allow people to be irreverent, especially if there is the slight chance it is at staff expense, right?  This whole situation is about the staff acting like jackasses over nothing.

Bingo.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Chris

Have you always been such a kiss ass asshat, or did it take practice?

Your nose has been shoved up asses since you first posted.  What are you, 13?  Still waiting for mommy to bring you lunch?

Dude, knock your shit off.  Ed can fend for himself - let him.  No one appreciates your input.  I had a long and meaningful discussion with mods today, one that was productive.  No one needs your bullshit, childish opinions and

You offend me.  If you are what this site is all about, count me out of it.  Stay on your knees, bitch, just not in front of me, my loins have better.

And, before you begin the backlash every uneducated, inexperienced Internet warrior finds as their comfort, ask BK1 how I feel about pansies posting behing a keyboard.  

In other words, shut your mouth until and unless you have something constructive to add.  

Richard, out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"The degree of uproar over this issue is directly related to how trivial it was to begin with."

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"The degree of uproar over this issue is directly related to how trivial it was to begin with."

+ infinity.  

Deal with the real issues infecting this site, and make it the great place it once was.  

You can start with Virginia dude, who is not only offensive, but immature and nosey, to boot.  Did I mention a big kiss ass?  If HE is the owner of any firepower, the liberals might have some merit after all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Your nose has been shoved up asses since you first posted.  What are you, 13?  Still waiting for mommy to bring you lunch?

Dude, knock your shit off.  Ed can fend for himself - let him.  No one appreciates your input.  I had a long and meaningful discussion with mods today, one that was productive.  No one needs your bullshit, childish opinions and

You offend me.  If you are what this site is all about, count me out of it.  Stay on your knees, bitch, just not in front of me, my loins have better.

And, before you begin the backlash every uneducated, inexperienced Internet warrior finds as their comfort, ask BK1 how I feel about pansies posting behing a keyboard.  

In other words, shut your mouth until and unless you have something constructive to add.  

Richard,hmmmm, what's short for richard?  about sums it up. out.

don't air it in the general forum and it wouldn't be an issue.

Bottom line Ed is right, know why?

He owns this house. Game Set Match.
Chris

Edit:
BTW: wanna bitch. pay the cover charge.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Flat out. Ed, Staff and/or mods.
Is it not legal to post in any forum as a member?

Please advise here and in IM .

thank you

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Chris

Hey, look, he made a 5th grade joke on my name!   Wow, never seen that before.  Real mature.

Typical 13-year old behavior.  Just like kissing ass.

Game, set, match?  I'm a man, a real man, so I don't play tennis.

Anymore than I make fun of peoples' names.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Chris

Edit:

no matter what you think,
this is Eds house. you lose

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought I already told virginia wolf, to stay the fuck out of here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

let the mods and actual members chime in on that .

you are no one to tell anyone anything.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Get out of here troll. I'm going to tell you again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

richardh247
Post Number :: 133

AZ, USA

89grand
Post Number :: 1142

AZ, USA

y'all twins?

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Chris = Liberal

Now there's something that should get banned. Liberal trolls.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#22]
ahhhh the ease.

no matter what you think,
this is Eds house. you lose

Chris

PS: Nuff said

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Site staff were responcible for atleast 5 uses of the word 'tonk' in this thread alone, when only one regular member, not including myself now, has said it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey , I mean vagina22, don't get your panties in a bundle over this, I'm just trying to help.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=191431

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Chris

Edit:

Eds house. you lose

Chris

No, fucktard, you lose.  If it's Ed's house, who appointed you spokesman?  

You're a little brat intent on stirring the pot of shit for your own pathetic sense of enjoyment.  We are a tight bunch, here, and for a reason.  You talk all you want, though I don't comprehend how while sucking such ass as you do.  I have friends here that know me, and every one will tell you how embarrassed you'll be talking shit.  

Think of me as you so need to feed your immature sense of retaliation.  All you do is talk behind the keyboard, like all bitches.  Keep it up, you are earning a fantastic reputation around here.  

Post here all you want, but you want to play, get out from behind mommy and let's go to the sandbox.  You won't be the first, and you won't be the last.

You are an offensive, insulting troll bitch, hiding in a basement talking shit to people you have never even met.  You assume, and you judge, but you have nothing in the way of brains to decipher the situation with any semblence of common sense.  Unlike you, I have met many of these people, and they are better men than you could ever aspire to be.

We are not arguing with Ed, stupid, we are arguing with his REPRESENTATIVES, the mods.  Don't give me crap about bringing it to the GF, because I did not.  And any further conversations should be in IM with you and me, as I am about to lose my temper.  People like you need parents to moderate their time on the Net.  I am 34, and I do not.  Get off my ass.  

NO ONE is arguing that racial slurs are inappropriate.  YOU are inappropriate, and the entire reason liberals have merit to their claims concerning gun owners.  Read, if you are able, and THEN post.  See me in IM, punk, if you want to continue this childish rhetoric.    
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#26]
What are any of you even responding to Virginia22. Thats exactly what he wants and you are allowing him to suck you right into it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What are any of you even responding to Virginia22. Thats exactly what he wants and you are allowing him to suck you right into it.

I had said my piece, til someone had to puff their chest all out and get indignant and act assholish.

my point was made pages ago.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Exactly right.  Thank you for the reminder.  It's like a video game or a stupid commercial... you just  have to play/look, and then react.  I am done with this conversation.  Thank you again for the reminder, which was an excellent point.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

triplets now. amazing.....................

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

whos house is this?

nuff said.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Chris

Edit:

Eds house. you lose

Chris

No, fucktard, you lose.  If it's Ed's house, who appointed you spokesman?  

You're a little brat intent on stirring the pot of shit for your own pathetic sense of enjoyment.  We are a tight bunch, here, and for a reason.  You talk all you want, though I don't comprehend how while sucking such ass as you do.  I have friends here that know me, and every one will tell you how embarrassed you'll be talking shit.  

Think of me as you so need to feed your immature sense of retaliation.  All you do is talk behind the keyboard, like all bitches.  Keep it up, you are earning a fantastic reputation around here.  

Post here all you want, but you want to play, get out from behind mommy and let's go to the sandbox.  You won't be the first, and you won't be the last.

You are an offensive, insulting troll bitch, hiding in a basement talking shit to people you have never even met.  You assume, and you judge, but you have nothing in the way of brains to decipher the situation with any semblence of common sense.  Unlike you, I have met many of these people, and they are better men than you could ever aspire to be.

We are not arguing with Ed, stupid, we are arguing with his REPRESENTATIVES, the mods.  Don't give me crap about bringing it to the GF, because I did not.  And any further conversations should be in IM with you and me, as I am about to lose my temper.  People like you need parents to moderate their time on the Net.  I am 34, and I do not.  Get off my ass.  

NO ONE is arguing that racial slurs are inappropriate.  YOU are inappropriate, and the entire reason liberals have merit to their claims concerning gun owners.  Read, if you are able, and THEN post.  See me in IM, punk, if you want to continue this childish rhetoric.    

puff puff puff that chest out man. scream if you need to.

doesn't change the fact. This is Eds house.

No one appointed me anything.

you ASKED for the sites opinion. you didn't like it but TS. Y'all asked.

wipe the tears away, abide by what the owners asked and STFU and quit whining already.

IM you? right here is just fine man. just admit you're wrong, apologize like a man and let it be over with.

the avilas made the call in their house. abide by their call or step off.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

89grand
Post Number :: 1156

AZ, USA

my point has been made. back to " as the mangina aches and isn't so fresh"

you lose.

I'm out
Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:39:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Started out as a Dupe but I let it ride. The last 2 pages aren't getting anything accomplished but name calling..
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top