Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2004 1:20:31 PM EDT
I was thinking about seeing if we can put together a little group excercise at my local gunsmith that night. I'm sure I can get him to do a discounted thing for threading muzzles or something like that, and I've got all the tools for doing most other work at hand. The range also stocks frangible ammo for use with ARs for those that would want to shoot. And, of course, anything else you want to shoot under 2000 fps is fine.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll talk to the gunsmith and range owner about opening up for us that night

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Philly, count me in!  Where's the gunsmith?

Shoot me an IM with the details...
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Edited the date from 94 to 04.

I'm looking to get a head count. Figure on some small fee to use the range, and we'll include food and drink (no alcohol).  Come up with enough interested guys and I'll get the range/smith to commit.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd go for a threaded muzzle, two if he can go Atkins on my HBAR upper.

We talking about Targetmaster here?  Who's doing the work?

jafager
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]
i may be interested
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The gunsmith is willing to open the shop and range for a Midnight Modfest So if you are interested, let me know. I'm ordering a barrel threading kit tomorrow

The range is Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol, PA, just off the PA turnpike.  Email me if you want directions.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in.  Estimated cost?

jafager
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I may be interested if he can remove a blind pinned EGW brake and install a true flash suppressor at a reasonable cost. This assumes he has the part on hand of course.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll get some pricing info from him this week. I would think that it would be a "bring your own parts" kind of deal, where we would just be paying for the gunsmithing and pizza  

I think I can convince them to just charge a small flat fee for food/drink/range use.  Just need to give them an estimate on attendees.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I would love this!!! I have a couple toys that need to be updated. Plus gives me something cool to do after work!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Would he be able to handle removal of "perminantly" installed muzzle brakes and re-installing flash hiders or is this just a party for guys with naked barrels?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#12]
will the threading include other rifles such as ak-47's??? if so, i would be interested. thanks.  
mp
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:37:17 AM EDT
[#13]
any more on this get together??

Frank
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#14]
The gunsmith had to make an emergency trip to FL this week to pack up his mother.  I'll update when he returns.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Any idea on cost to thread and mount A2 FS, and turn an A2 HBAR down to gov't specs? I've  got 2 rifles that could use that treatment.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#16]
David.....any update on this planned activity?
I am also interested in purchasing one of those stocks you told me about at the shop last Saturday if you're interested in selling one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#17]
This event is on. I will post details Friday morning.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#18]
OK Folks, here's the deal:

$20 to fund the event. For that $20 you get pizza, soda, a box of frangible 5.56 that can be used on the range, couple of targets, and unlimited range time from 8 PM on. After the cost of the pizza and stuff, that money goes to the range for opening up for this.

Gunsmith costs:

Thread an unthreaded barrel:  $75
Remove the brake on a threaded barrel, clean up the threads: $35
Remove the brake on a 14.5" barrel, blind pin a new flash hider on: $60

Other general gunsmithing can be done that evening, depending upon the turnout. He will offer discounted prices for that night.

I forgot to get a price on re-profiling barrels, but since that can't be done Sunday evening (reprofile and refinish; he doesn't do parking, et al, every day) you can ask the gunsmith Sunday night.

You need to provide your own parts. The gunsmith ended up in Flordia, moving his mother due to the hurricanes, and just gaot back last night, so he wasn't in a position to stock up on stuff for this.  I personally ordered a bunch of stuff, but most hasn't shown up as of today, so other than an extra flash hider or two, I don't have stuff to offer.

I need a definite headcount by Saturday; noonish.  Obviously there has to be a cutoff point for the total amount of work being done that night.  Emial or IM me if you plan aon being there and let me know what work you'll want done, so I can give the gunsmith a heads up.

Here's a link to the range location and phone number www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=ready+aim+fire&near=Bristol,+PA+19007&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=40109174,-74860718,16639135271446839505

If you need directions, email me and I'll give them to you along with my cell phone number.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in; I have a LW upper that needs threading.  Phantom won't be in until Monday, but I assume I can put that on myself as long as the threads are cut?  Can you shoot it without a muzzle device?

jafager
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm in; I have a LW upper that needs threading.  Phantom won't be in until Monday, but I assume I can put that on myself as long as the threads are cut?  Can you shoot it without a muzzle device?

jafager

It's not a big deal to put a FH on once the barrel is threaded.  You can shoot with just the bare threads but I can lend you an A1 birdcage to use Sunday night.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#21]
No one positively committed, so the eevnt has been cancelled.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top