Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2024 6:46:32 PM EDT
They guy I found on my own didn't really seem to know what he's doing. I have a Model 19 S&W .357 that's been light-striking, squibbing, and locking up. I need to get it back in service in time for summer hiking season.

Lake Stevens, Bothell, Woodinville, Snohomish, Gold Bar, Monroe, Marysville, Kenmore ... any of those would work well.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If you’re willing, check out the S&W website and send it to them for their “Combat Magnum” package. They will gut it, replace the springs, etc.. I had them do an old Model 66-1 and when I got it back, it was like new again. Best of luck!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blusheepdog:
If you’re willing, check out the S&W website and send it to them for their “Combat Magnum” package. They will gut it, replace the springs, etc.. I had them do an old Model 66-1 and when I got it back, it was like new again. Best of luck!
View Quote

Thank you, Sir. I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a brand new 340PD that had inconsistent lock-up between cylinders.  Meaning, if you pulled it through slowly you could feel the cylinder lock on some cylinders but others would just fire without the hitch in the stage. I don't care which trigger feel it had, but I wanted all to be the same.  I also felt that the front XS Big Dot was pretty dim from the git-go.

I sent it back to S&W describing the issue with instructions to install the Performance Center upgrade trigger while they were in there.

They charged me for the trigger upgrade and a new front sight, and I swear they actually did nothing to the gun.  All the original issues seemed to be exactly the same as before.

I got the revolver back the week after my wife died so I couldn't generate enough give-a-fuck to pursue the matter with S&W...

I still don't shoot that gun.  It's the kitties titties with no Hillary hole and the upgraded sights, but it's just not right.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rope-A-Dope:
I had a brand new 340PD that had inconsistent lock-up between cylinders.  Meaning, if you pulled it through slowly you could feel the cylinder lock on some cylinders but others would just fire without the hitch in the stage. I don't care which trigger feel it had, but I wanted all to be the same.  I also felt that the front XS Big Dot was pretty dim from the git-go.

I sent it back to S&W describing the issue with instructions to install the Performance Center upgrade trigger while they were in there.

They charged me for the trigger upgrade and a new front sight, and I swear they actually did nothing to the gun.  All the original issues seemed to be exactly the same as before.

I got the revolver back the week after my wife died so I couldn't generate enough give-a-fuck to pursue the matter with S&W...

I still don't shoot that gun.  It's the kitties titties with no Hillary hole and the upgraded sights, but it's just not right.

View Quote

That's a bummer. Thanks for the heads-up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top