BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/26/2004 2:28:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm game, hopefully I will have my AR back together by then. Waitin' on a 2-stage trigger from RRA.
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
got to  work.   damit
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
got to  work.   hr

What do you do?

I'm a Booking Officer for the Anne Arundel County PD.
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a Booking Officer for the Anne Arundel County PD.

No kidding.

Millersville, Jessup or some othe place?

I work at Norther Dist.  what you are thinking about as far as jessup is D.O.C. and state level.
When, if you get arrested by the county police I'm the one that books you into the system and makes sure that the paper work is in order before you continue on your quest of love.  I also act as a baby sitter until transport can be arranged to the commissioners office.
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 5:09:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't make it.
I'll be competing in a HE-MAN 3-gun match in Thurmont.
1911 45's for handgun, Pump 12 gages for shotgun, and 308 or larger rifle.
All iron sights.
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
90% sure I'll be there.  I have to stay up in the poconos for some training one weekend in june...right now it's slated for the 12th but could be bumped to the 20th.

I found a great range in carbondale PA.....its free to shoot and free of range nazis......but it's 3 hours NE of Cecil county.
Link Posted: 5/31/2004 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I found a great range in carbondale PA.....its free to shoot and free of range nazis......but it's 3 hours NE of Cecil county.

Well, I'm 2 hours NE of Cecil County, so do tell .

FWIW, there's a 500yd range near Quakertown (Water & Wings) that's $10/day (also 5-stand and sporting clays).  It's popular with the PA crew, if you're ever in the neighborhood.

I can AFAIK make the 20th -- I'm sorry I won't make the BBQ, I'll be at the Ontelaunee pin/steel shoot all weekend.

jafager
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 6:44:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll more than likely be there... will there be a trip to Hooters afterwards?

I don't see a problem with the date or the time...

Ric, are you already going to be up in the area with the gf or are you driving from GB?
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#13]
don't you have to go home that night? We could hit the inner harbor one on the way back to our area...
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/2/2004 6:00:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
don't you have to go home that night? We could hit the inner harbor one on the way back to our area...

Yeah, we could to that.

I know you haven’t been to other shoots we have had. But all of us usually go to eat nearby after the shoot. All that work our trigger finger's get, makes our body hungry!

But maybe when they are eating we can get a snack and chat for a while before we head to the inner harbor.

I also get free parking down at the Aquarium so we don’t have to worry about paying a crazy price for parking. That is if you don’t mind walking from the Aquarium to Hooters ( maybe 10 minutes)

Didn't know we got food at a local place after shooting... that hsould be good enough for me... we could always do the Hooters thing another time... I'm just always trying to find an excuse to go there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2004 4:47:00 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife might be on an extended TDY through the 24th... which means, if I can't find a sitter I'll have to miss the shoot. I'll keep you posted.
Link Posted: 6/3/2004 5:13:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I might be game, I start at Edgewood Arsenal on the 14th, so I should have an apartment by then (but might only have one or two ARs, a 590A1 and a 1911 with me, I dont want to risk the whole collection at the apartment).

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/4/2004 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Just in case. what time will this endever be.  I might be able to get off of work for the day.
Link Posted: 6/5/2004 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Weekend of June 26/27 would probably be better fir me at this point. Would this date bring more people?

If so, I'll be there... I'll even bring the hookers, guns and firetrucks.... except without the hookers and firetrucks... so.... just guns.
Link Posted: 6/6/2004 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/7/2004 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/7/2004 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Weekend of June 26/27 would probably be better fir me at this point. Would this date bring more people?

Well, I have another long Saturday on the 26th. I'll get out around 4:15~4:40pm but I am free all day on Sunday the 27th.

So everyone reading please let me know what you think about making it that Sat or Sunday!!!

I am good for the 27th.   But I am going to need a confermation on the date about a week befor the date to put in my comp time slip.
Link Posted: 6/8/2004 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I am interested in attending. Are there any restrictions on this range?
Is it safe to bring my evil preban rifles into MD?
Link Posted: 6/8/2004 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#25]
27th works for me.
Pathfinder74 and bblake00 - If you guys want to truckpool let me know.
I think the Tahoe is big enough.
Link Posted: 6/8/2004 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
27th works for me.
Pathfinder74 and bblake00 - If you guys want to truckpool let me know.
I think the Tahoe is big enough.

I CALL SHOTGUN
Link Posted: 6/8/2004 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be in ohio flinging lead that weekend.

I'll try to make the next shoot.
Link Posted: 6/8/2004 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I found out today my wife's trip is now ending the original date so I could have made it to the 20th, but it's sounding like more people are flexible on the 27th anyway... so I guess it works out better.

Supercomp.... I'll let you know about truck pooling. If we do it would it be easier for us to all meet at a central location between the three of us? (when did you change your avatar BTW?).

Blake... you can have shotgun.. I'll be spreading out across the entire backseat and geting nice and comfy in the Ta-Ho... I call backsies.

M4.... what are the range caliber limits and distances? Is it a 100m or does it go farther? Also... for those who have never been to this range supercomp brought to my attention the specifications for the targets, but I don't remember the exact details.... something to the effects of you cant use "realtor" sized stands because they're too low to the ground? So M4 and Supercomp... you guys want might to post that information for the noobs who are going to make it this time... as well as any other details that might be important... like what types of tables they have, how nasty the firing line is, if they sell anything at the range (targets/stands, ammo...).

Have the other guys who were at the BBQ been made aware of this shoot in case they want in? It would be cool to see all the familiar faces... I know xcrc is probably itching to get out with his new baby.

Does anyone want me to drag my box o' clothes out there for some trading? I'd sure like some AR 20 round mags and or AR parts (springs nd such), 1911 mags, and ammo (.223, .45ACP, .308, 9mm) if anyone wants to do trading for that type of stuff. That shit is just taking up room in my house so I'll be pretty willing to work any kind of deals.
Link Posted: 6/8/2004 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Blake... you can have shotgun.. I'll be spreading out across the entire backseat and geting nice and comfy in the Ta-Ho...I call backsies.

Kind'a gay sounding..        

Does anyone want me to drag my box o' clothes out there for some trading? I'd sure like some AR 20 round mags and or AR parts (springs nd such), 1911 mags, and ammo (.223, .45ACP, .308, 9mm) if anyone wants to do trading for that type of stuff. That shit is just taking up room in my house so I'll be pretty willing to work any kind of deals.

Do you have any L.B.E gear that you whant to trade off.

Link Posted: 6/8/2004 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Have the other guys who were at the BBQ been made aware of this shoot in case they want in? It would be cool to see all the familiar faces... I know xcrc is probably itching to get out with his new baby.

But I won't be able to for two reasons:

1.  I'll be out of town that weekend.

2.  Half my new baby is currently on its way back to Illinois for trigger group repairs, and with the backlog RRA has (it took something like six weeks to get built in the first place, plus another two weeks for shipping and administrative legal stuff), I'd say there is a good chance it won't be back by then anyway.

Oh well...
Link Posted: 6/8/2004 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Does anyone want me to drag my box o' clothes out there for some trading?

He he... Yeah we like to see you drag around that box o'clothes to no effect, just like at the BBQ.  We figure it gives you good exercise.
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Sorry guys, I cant make either the 26th or 27th, I have to road trip to Florida to help a friend get moved down there for her new job.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/14/2004 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I can make it either day.

Quoted:

what are the range caliber limits and distances? Is it a 100m or does it go farther?

No buckshot, no full auto, no tracers/incendiary/explosives.  100yd rifle, 25yd pistol (separate ranges), you can shoot at any distance you want, just watch your backstop.  Every time I go the legs of my target stand get caught up in the crossfire.  

supercomp brought to my attention the specifications for the targets, but I don't remember the exact details.... something to the effects of you cant use "realtor" sized stands because they're too low to the ground?

Center of target 4ft off the ground.  If you shoot at 100yds you can use a shorter target, just put it higher up on the berm.  Don't hang/staple/lean anything on the beams.  It gets windy, so your stand should be heavy and/or anchorable.

The tables are pretty basic; bring your own rest if you use one.  I'm going to try shooting prone; it's cramped but doable, if nobody bitches.  Will probably have to do it at 100yds, since 4ft targets will be too high otherwise.

There's a shotgun bay with a (usually broken) manual trap.  I suggest you bring a hand thrower if you plan to bust clays.

A broom/dustpan is nice if you are conscientious about your brass.

I'm looking for 20rd mags too, if anybody wants to sell or trade.  I have some 30s to get rid of if you don't mind crossing the border.  

jafager
Link Posted: 6/16/2004 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#34]
So are we killing paper on June 27th or not.
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So are we killing paper on June 27th or not.

Well whats the word........... .         .
Link Posted: 6/18/2004 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2004 3:55:49 AM EDT
[#37]
27th works for me... just got back from about 2 weeks in Florida...

Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2004 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/21/2004 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#39]
I'll be coming.

What time do we want to start?????

bblake00 and pathfinder74 - let's meet at Barts Sporting World. That is if you all want to ride up together.
Link Posted: 6/21/2004 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'll be coming.

What time do we want to start?????

bblake00 and pathfinder74 - let's meet at Barts Sporting World. That is if you all want to ride up together.

I'm good for Barts since it will be your honor you can pick what time do you want to converge.  Any time is good for me.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2004 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll bring a 75-round chinese AK drum (7.62) I'm trying to get rid of, if anyone is interested. Offers to trade would be entertained.....
Anyone bringin' shotguns? And a hand thrower?
Link Posted: 6/21/2004 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Cruel fate why do you mock me!! [>(]

My wife will probably be working that day and I have to watch the little one. Only 5 months old, so not quite ready for the range yet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2004 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Well bblake00, Pathfinder74, and myself will be arriving around noon.
Hope to see some others there.
I'll be bringing my camera for some action shots.

I guess this will be our own

"MINI-BULLETFEST MARYLAND STYLE"
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Who is bring more than one or two guns and how long do we have the range for?

I'm definitely bringing my AR's, but I'm wondering if I should bring my Kimber and Remington 700 as well. If we don't have the range long enough I'm not going to over do it... I want to spend quality time with each baby...

How many lanes are there? Enough to facilitate each person, or do we have to wait our turn to shoot?
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Who is bring more than one or two guns and how long do we have the range for?

I'm definitely bringing my AR's, but I'm wondering if I should bring my Kimber and Remington 700 as well. If we don't have the range long enough I'm not going to over do it... I want to spend quality time with each baby...

How many lanes are there? Enough to facilitate each person, or do we have to wait our turn to shoot?

I will bringing 3 or 4.  My glock and 1 of my AR's to play.  Also a rifle to sight in its new scope. Possibly my shooty.
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#46]
We do not get the range since it is public.
There are about 10 lanes and we usually get a couple.
Once the other people leave, we take over more of them.

I'll be bringing several rifles and shotguns. Don't know exactly what yet.

Remember that everyone needs their own target stand.
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Remember that everyone needs their own target stand.

I thought you where going to  hold them up for us.
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, This sucks.   I have a game at 1 on the 27th.   What's wrong with Saturday?
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Other stuff happening.
Several of us are going to the York show Saturday and shooting Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'll be in ohio flinging lead that weekend.

I'll try to make the next shoot.

Ditto - on the 27th I'll be making the hung over drive back from Ohio.

Definately there for the next one, or if this one gets rescheduled.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top