Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2024 7:12:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ClanDireWolf]
I have to sell off almost all my firearms as I really, really, need the cash.

I don't have a choice in this and I don't want to do a consignment at a gun store.

And since we have some smart people and dealers here, just want to make sure I do it right.

So first, handguns.

The buyer must have a hand gun permit, like back in the day, and I fill out the parts about the handgun and my info.

Then I take the part of the permit for the police to the police. Not the seller.

CPL's fill out a RI-060, I fill in my parts and take it to the police.

I have no way of doing a background check, so what do I do? Just fill out the permits?

Long guns, fill out the RI-060, buyer fills out his part and I don't have to take anything to the cops.

Is that correct?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
You are correct,
Just for clarification, the new "pistol purchase permit" is now a firearm purchase permit, and needs to be filled out for any gun, handgun or long gun.

RI-60 for cpl holders is the same except it can be used for a handgun or long gun now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you selling? Just curious.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#3]
New Ruger American Ranch in 5.56 & 7.62x39
New Ruger American Rimfire in Go wild
New 2-Ruger Wranglers
New S&W M&P 9 V1
New S&W M&P Shield+ with Night sites, crimson trace red dot
One maggers-
S&W MP15/22 MOE
PA AR15A2 w/FN heavy barrel
Mossberg 500 Persuader
S&W MP22
S&W MP22C
USED S&W MP 40
USED BA tube fed .22 Wards

Since, I keep having more and more heart problems, I fell in a bad habit of buying guns thinking I would get better and use them later. I've only have got worst.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been selling off my shit to a local gun store-bypassing ALL that bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#5]
You can post them on MGO as well. If you are not a member. I can post pictures for you as I am a Supermod.  Look me up Hailstorm and I will get you handled. You can also email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ClanDireWolf:

Since, I keep having more and more heart problems, I fell in a bad habit of buying guns thinking I would get better and use them later. I've only have got worst.
View Quote

I'm sorry to hear that,  buddy. I hope you're working with a good cardiologist and they are taking care of you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MyAR15ID:
You can post them on MGO as well. If you are not a member. I can post pictures for you as I am a Supermod.  Look me up Hailstorm and I will get you handled. You can also email me at [email protected]
View Quote

That’s kind of you and it’s great advice. I do a ton of buying and selling on MGO, love that site.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:21:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IronBalaclava] [#8]
Well….and now there’s the whole ATF: “Engaged in the Business” “Rule”, that was just published in the Federal Registry…

ETA: I’m sorry to hear about your heart problems, OP. I hope you pull thru this and get better!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By IronBalaclava:
Well….and now there’s the whole ATF: “Engaged in the Business” “Rule”, that was just published in the Federal Registry…

ETA: I’m sorry to hear about your heart problems, OP. I hope you pull thru this and get better!
View Quote

Well, since I'm selling everything for way less then I bought them for...

Thanks guys, about the kind words about my health.
Top Top