Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2008 4:15:56 AM EDT
Folks!

I am VERY pleased to announce that our dates for Fort Drum, NY have been approved!!
This will be a .50 caliber match over a 3 day event. The 2nd day will have targets in the excess of 2,000 yards. The dates are June 13-15, 2008. Please feel free to contact me for any questions.

The North Coast Shooters Association will continue to promote and bring more places East of the Mississippi online for .50 caliber shooting. Making the East a hotspot for .50 caliber competition!

Nick Mullet
C.E.O.
North Coast Shooters Association, Ltd
P.O. Box 364
Millersburg, Ohio 44654
email: [email protected]
Phone: 330-674-3244
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 5:41:39 AM EDT
[#1]
GOODIE!
The BOHICA-50 should be here in April, and that'll give me a little time to play with it.
Couple of my friends have 50's.

I don't belong to Range Control, but I am a Federal Employee with DoL so if someone needs help, let me know.

Do you know which range was approved?

Maby we should invite MG Oates and our newly elected State Senator Darrel Aubertine to attend, as they both like to shoot.  

Have you linked this on the .50 board?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm hopeing that some of the members here with Political connections will ask/suggest that they stop by and see this shoot first hand.  Wheeler Sack AAF hosts aircraft of Government Officials all the time.
This could be an oppertunity to visually impact the perception of those wishing to ban .50 cal rifles and lend support to those opposing further restrictions.

Aubertine?
Hiram?
rkbar?

We have 90 days until this come to fruition and I would like to maximize the oppertunity within the shooting community even if you don't own a 50  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Course of fire? how many rounds down range?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Course of fire? how many rounds down range?

Three day event:
Friday is registration, familiarization, zeroing,...
Saturday is the match. I was given the details buy only wrote down "3 relays".
Saturday nite is the banquet, and awards.
Sunday the "Tank Range" will be opened to the participants of Saturdays match, this is a 2,000 meter range with all sort of stuff to shoot up with no limitations on ammo ie tracers, incendiary, AP,...
This will be cool, very cool.  

For this event Ft. Drum requires NRA certified instructors to operate the range, so we are looking for qualified persons, PLEASE let us know if you can help!
Link Posted: 3/17/2008 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to keep this shoot up to date:
We're working on a list of accommodations
A Buffet Banquet for Saturday nite
and all the other logistics needed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Any perspective fifty shooters on board?  
Take the significant other on a mini-vacation to Alexandria Bay, it's stunning during the Summer months, and you'll have a good time at the range.  
www.abay.com/

The guys at Range Control are going to be outstanding during the event.

Were starting to work with the folks from MWR on post, they'll be a tremendious resource.

You need not be Military or DoD to participate!  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]
:BTT:
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think my sights will work out to 2K yards.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Since that is my birthday weekend I wonder If I could get the wife to provide me a .50.........................

Nope not going to happen. Would my lowly .300 WM be able to come out and play?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Since that is my birthday weekend I wonder If I could get the wife to provide me a .50.........................

Nope not going to happen. Would my lowly .300 WM be able to come out and play?

I don't know....I was thinking about bringing the .300RUM and the 500S&W for a "50"
Got a friend with an Armalite AR50....gotta see if he'll give it up for the weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top