Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:11:24 PM EDT
These just came in from rguns.  I'm buying all matching serial numbered receivers from 74ullc tomorrow morning, and mailing off the SBR paper work tomorrow morning as well for the AKS-74U.  Gonna try and get the ball rolling on these asap.  I decided to go ahead and make an SBR from the below 86' Krink kit, while I wait on my full auto receiver to transfer to me.  

I'll build the full auto receiver with the 85' kit I currently have here with the vented hand guards.  I bought it locally and thought it was an 86' model which was weird for the vented hand guards....turns out I bought an 85' model.  Don't know how I didn't pay attention to the huge 85 on the side of the gun lol.  1985 will be really cool on the full auto gun since that's the year i was born.  Anyways, onto the soon to be built kits from rguns.

The wood is a little banged up on the AKM and AKS-74U sets, but I'm gonna get them all refinished anyways with a new iodine treatment etc so they look brand new and original still.

1969 AKM

1983 AK-74

1986 AKS-74U

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:35:11 AM EDT
[#1]
AHHHH!!! Why did they tear up those barrels?   Nice stuff OP.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 3:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
So much WIN

Z
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Cant import the barrels anymore so thats what you get.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 4:47:10 AM EDT
[#4]
gee, I wish I had your problems.....

most excellent, jumping in head 1st, I like it!

Very nice buys BTW, jealous already!
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
So want that 74U.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So much WIN

Z

this
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice.

I wish I had that kind of cash in college.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nice.

I'm actually not in college.  I graduated almost 5 years ago.  the name does always confuse people which is totally understandable, but it's just a screen name I have always used on EVERY forum I join.  I wish I had this kind of cash in college too lol.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:49:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice.

I'm actually not in college.  I graduated almost 5 years ago.  the name does always confuse people which is totally understandable, but it's just a screen name I have always used on EVERY forum I join.  I wish I had this kind of cash in college too lol.

+1
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#10]
The paper work to make the krink kit an SBR is going to take just as long as the paper work to get the full auto receiver.  I don't really see a point in making it an SBR then rebuilding it on the full auto receiver.

Either way, nice kits.  Wish I had the money to grab those up.  For now my Tula krink kit is all I could swing.  My 74uLLC receiver is on the way to me right now.. can't wait to get this built, miss having a krink.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The paper work to make the krink kit an SBR is going to take just as long as the paper work to get the full auto receiver.  I don't really see a point in making it an SBR then rebuilding it on the full auto receiver.

Either way, nice kits.  Wish I had the money to grab those up.  For now my Tula krink kit is all I could swing.  My 74uLLC receiver is on the way to me right now.. can't wait to get this built, miss having a krink.

I am getting two full auto receivers.  The one I am using for an normal length build was local.  Still haven't decided 74 or 47 on that one though.  The one I am using for the AKSU build is from an individual out of state, so that's gonna take a while.  On top of that, it is a chinese receiver and is going to be completely reworked by Ted Marshall to look exactly like the real deal.  That's gonna take a long time.  On top of all that, I still just want a semi auto one to have fun with as well anyways.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome Kits!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Dam! I knew I should have wen't to college!!! Very nice. You know we all expect lot's of pic's and a in depth range report......................Sully
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#14]
IT'S BEAUTIFUL!
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#15]
My dad still calls me "Collegeboy". Kind of in a snide, mean way- yet I graduated nine years ago.

Nice looking kits!
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dam! I knew I should have wen't to college!!! Very nice. You know we all expect lot's of pic's and a in depth range report......................Sully

Eh....my current job uses exactly 0% of my degree.  I make money, but it's not what I want for myself.  I'm studying right now, and am going to try and get into medical school to become a doctor for the military....we'll see if I cut the mustard.  If I get in though, I guess the name "collegeboy" is fitting haha.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My dad still calls me "Collegeboy". Kind of in a snide, mean way- yet I graduated nine years ago.

Nice looking kits!

Funny

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Are registered FA receivers easy to find? What's the price range for just a receiver?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are registered FA receivers easy to find? What's the price range for just a receiver?

No.  The usual price is around $10k-$14k each.  I got mine for cheaper, but it's still quite a bit for what you get, but they will always increase in value overtime.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#20]
As unlikely as it is to be repealed, please don't jump on the side of machine gun owners who are opposed to the Hughes Amendment being repealed!
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As unlikely as it is to be repealed, please don't jump on the side of machine gun owners who are opposed to the Hughes Amendment being repealed!

Im not against it being repealed at all.  It should be repealed as it is 100% unconstitutional.  Yea it would suck I spent so much on mine, but that's my own fault, and it would be better for Americans as a whole if it was repealed.  If it was repealed I'd cry for about a week, then I go and send out forms to build like 10 machine guns and feel all better again =)  I would probably convert every gun I own to full auto including even my 1911s since it can be done with those too.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll keep all updates here for these three guns.

Two boxes just showed up today for them.

It's even more bakelites!  I always have 8 magazines per gun I own, so these three need 8 magazines each as well I figure.  Now I have 24 more bakelites =)  I have the US made followers for all of them.  Just ordered the US floor plates for them, but they have not arrived yet.

4 30 round 5.45 Izmash and 4 45 round 5.45 Molots for the Izhmash made AK-74

4 30 round 7.62 Izmash and 4 40 round 7.62 Molots for the Izhmash made AKM

4 30 round 5.45 Tula and 4 45 round 5.45 Molots for the Tula made AKS-74U

Also got two AK slings for the AKM and AK-74, and a properly 1986 dated krink sling for the 1986 Krink

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Where did you find the Krink kit with a demilled barrel?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where did you find the Krink kit with a demilled barrel?

Rguns
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Did you inherit a ton of money or something?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#26]
page 2?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#27]
can be for pics of the other side of the kits!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Where did you find all the mags?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Where did you find all the mags?[/quote}

All over gun broker.  You can actually find a LOT of stuff on that site if you look hard enough and bundle things together from sellers.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did you inherit a ton of money or something?

I wish.  No though, I just work.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#31]
What barrels should I buy for these guns?  I am getting the BlueJack v. 3 barrel for the Krink, as that was recommended to me, but for the standard 16" length 7.62 and 5.45, I am kind of at a loss of which barrel to get.  All I kno wis the American made ones probably suck.  Any sugestions?

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

What barrels should I buy for these guns?  I am getting the BlueJack v. 3 barrel for the Krink, as that was recommended to me, but for the standard 16" length 7.62 and 5.45, I am kind of at a loss of which barrel to get.  All I kno wis the American made ones probably suck.  Any sugestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Look for a Circle y stamp Romanian pulled barrel (Those come off earlier Romy guns and are most likely Russian( :)

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,
Mike

Look for a Circle y stamp Romanian pulled barrel (Those come off earlier Romy guns and are most likely Russian( :)

Would this be a good barrel for the AKM?  It is Romanian.

Or this one for the AKM.  They say this one is new and Romanian for a WASR.

Or how about this Bulgarian barrel for the AK-74?  They say it is brand new, but a take off from a new rifle.  Extractor is cut, as well as handguard retainer slots, just not the gas port hole.

Thanks for all of your help.

Link Posted: 1/17/2012 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Just a small update for everyone.  I went ahead and picked up a demilled Yugo M-92, so I sent off my Form 1 today for that, and ordered a matching serial number receiver from 74U LLC for that as well.

Have four sets of rivets all coming from AKBuilde for all four builds.  Should be here tommorow.  Still need to order the Krink barrel for the AKS74U from bluejack, but he is doing a V5 of it in about 3 months, so I am just going to wait until then.  I have atleast 6 more months to wait for my Form1 anyways for that gun, so no rush.  Gonna place an order for 4 sets of Red Star Arms Triggers next week for the four guns as well.  Besides that, pretty much everything I need is either ordered or here. Just have to wait now.

-I managed to touch up/refinish all of the wood on the AK-74 and AKM.  They look perfect now.

-Pulled Bulgarian barrel for the AK74 came in.  It had surface rust all over it.  Some good cleaning with CLP, and it now looks great.  I wrapped it in bubble wrap for storage until the receivers get here so it can be built.

-Virgin AKM barrel from Romania also came in the mail.  It looks nice, and I just covered it in CLP and bubble wrap for storage until the receivers get here so it can be built.

-Also picked up two matching bakelite Izhmash made bayonets.  one for each Izhmash AK74 and AKM.  Kind of a nice touch IMO.

Enoy the pictures for now.  When the M92 parts kit comes in as well as all of the rest of the parts, I'll post pictures of everything before the AKM and AK-74 go off to Firing Line to be built.

Cleaning the AK74 barrel

Inside clean AK74 barrel

Inside clean AKM "I think Romanian" barrel

Two of these Izhmash bayonets to match the two guns that use bayonets

So far what I got for the AK74

So far what I got for the AKM

Link Posted: 1/17/2012 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Very nice job cleaning  up the wood, looks great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Who's your builder going to be?
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#37]
I have decided on Firing Line in Oklahoma for their prices, qucik turnaround time, and they do a nice job.
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have decided on Firing Line in Oklahoma for their prices, qucik turnaround time, and they do a nice job.

What kind of turn around did the give you?  Just curious.. when I get my tax return I'm looking to get my krink built.  Their prices are quite a bit cheaper than other places.  Nearly enough to cover the tax stamp.
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Where are you sourcing us made floor plates for the 7.62 and 5.45 mags, also what followers are you using tapco? or someone elses.. I cant find the arsenal anymore...
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#40]
-All of the rivet sets showed up from AKBuilder.  
-US Floor plates and US followers in 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 are all here.  
-The Yugo M92 parts kit came in as well.  

After handling this M-92 in person, I think I have made up my mind on the full auto build as well.  I think I am going to do a second M-92 on the full auto receiver that's transfering to me right now.  I was originally planning on doing a second AKS-74U in full auto, but this thing is just plain awesome, and the quality is amazing for an AK!  I won't know for sure until I get to shoot this SBR M-92, but so far, it is looking like I might do the full auto build using an M-92 parts kit like this one instead of an AKS-74U.

This video has also made me lean towards the M-92 for full auto.

Full Auto Yugo M-92

Here's the parts kit as it looked today.  All matching numbers and in perfect condition minus the receiver ofcourse.  

Since this one in particular will just be an SBR, I am not going to keep it totally authentic.  Instead I am going to be doing a "Russian" theme on this gun so it matches the other 3 Russian gun builds.  I ordered some Laminate M-92 handguards for this gun, and they will be stained like the Russian wood pieces are.  Also, keeping with the tradition of my other builds, I also picked up 4 Tula 30 round 7.62 bakelites for it locally for $200 just the other day, and just ordered 4 Molot 40 round 7.62 bakelites for it as well that should be here next week.  For the purists out there, I am ofcourse going to keep the original handguards and pick up a couple metal Yugo mags so it could easily be converted to how it is supposed to be if ever wanted in the future.

Rivet Sets...

Tula bakelites specifically for this gun.  The 4 40 rounders will be here next week.

Floor plates and some of the followers...

Floor plates for 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 are all the same and are all labeled "US" on the bottom

7.62x39 follower.  "US" clearly seen.

5.45x39.  "US" is on the underside.

All of the magazines for the 4 parts kits (Except the 4 additional 40 rounders that will be here next week) all made nice and US compliant.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I really dig the M92's for some reason.  I think the longer barrel and the rear sight being further back on the top cover give them an edge over the Bulgarian 7.62 krinks.  I had one of those kits back in 2005 when they were first imported.  But in a moment of retardation I sold it because I got a Bulgarian krink.  Thankfully more of the kits just showed up for a price that is really close to what I paid back them.  Going to have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I really dig the M92's for some reason.  I think the longer barrel and the rear sight being further back on the top cover give them an edge over the Bulgarian 7.62 krinks.  I had one of those kits back in 2005 when they were first imported.  But in a moment of retardation I sold it because I got a Bulgarian krink.  Thankfully more of the kits just showed up for a price that is really close to what I paid back them.  Going to have to pick one up.

I actually paid $1100 for mine because it was an unissed demill, but those virgin kits are rediculously cheap.  I want to pick up a few of those.  An expert builder could always easily engrave the trunnion and parts with all matching numbers to a receiver with those kits.

Funny you say they were a lot cheaper back then.  I really wish when I was first 21 years old I would have bought AK stuff.  These things really were a lot cheaper back then.  Saw a post from 2005 about prices of 1000 rounds of 7.62x39............WOW is all I can say.  Oh well, I jumped on the bandwagon now atleast, and I'm really glad I did.  Can you imagine the prices in 7 more years........14 more years??
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually paid $1100 for mine because it was an unissed demill, but those virgin kits are rediculously cheap.  I want to pick up a few of those.  An expert builder could always easily engrave the trunnion and parts with all matching numbers to a receiver with those kits.

Funny you say they were a lot cheaper back then.  I really wish when I was first 21 years old I would have bought AK stuff.  These things really were a lot cheaper back then.  Saw a post from 2005 about prices of 1000 rounds of 7.62x39............WOW is all I can say.  Oh well, I jumped on the bandwagon now atleast, and I'm really glad I did.  Can you imagine the prices in 7 more years........14 more years??

Yeah, the prices jump fast once the vendors run out of them.  The M92 I bought in 2005 was a demil that was $499 if I remember right.  Virgin kits were slightly cheaper I think.

I really wish I had the money to buy two of every cool kit.  One to build and one to just tuck away in the closet with a receiver to sell in 5-10 years.  I bet my AK hobby would pay for itself if I could afford to start doing that..haha

Can't wait to finish college sometime in the next year so I can start making money again.  Too much cool stuff out there I can't afford right now.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Custom handguards showed up today, and the other 4 40 rounds bakelites showed up a couple days ago as well.

All I am waiting on now are the 4 receivers from 74U LLC, and the 4 red star arms trigger groups.  It's getting close =)

Yugo M-92 handguards to look like Russian style.  I like it!  I know it is not traditional for the M-92, but since this gun is only semi auto, I want to try something different with it.  With the full auto M-92 build I will keep it all original, but for this one, I just want to try something new, and that is the Yugo M-92 with Russian style!  I still plan on sticking with bluing the receiver and metal parts like the Yugos normally are though, so really the only thing that won't look "normal" are the handguards and the magazines.  Both of which are obviously non permanent.

No flash

With flash

The massive bakelite collection for these four guns is finally complete!

All of the "cosmetic stuff" for all of these kits are set aside outside of the parts kits boxes so they do not get damagaed.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#45]
This is exciting watching the progress! Nice stack of bakelites

Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is exciting watching the progress! Nice stack of bakelites

Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you!

Various people I have met on gunbroker.  Most of the 30 rounder I got from one guy, All of the 40 rounders I got from interhunt on gunbroker.  It's painful to think how much I paid for the 8 - 40 rounders (enough to buy 6000 rounds of 5.45x39), but they aren't making them anymore, so they are not getting anymore common I figure and only going to go up in price.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#47]
The receivers are pre 86 right? And you still have to meet 922r? Or are the u.s. mag parts just personal preference?
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#48]
The full auto receiver I have transfering to me is pre 86.  I'm also going to have one more start transfering to me finally soon, so there will be two.  These four builds that this thread is about are all fun semi auto builds though, and a lot cheaper haha.  So these do require 922r compliance.  I'll do a thread on the pre 86 full auto builds when the time comes, but it'll be a while b/c of transfer times.  I know one will be another Yugo M-92 build, and I "think" the second one will be AKS-74U, but really I have no idea yet.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Remember the rivets are different for krinks and folders, and I deff think you should do the full auto m92. I think over all that's my second favorite ak on the market right now besides that milled bulgarian krink arsenal wants vital organs for.. :0
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Remember the rivets are different for krinks and folders, and I deff think you should do the full auto m92. I think over all that's my second favorite ak on the market right now besides that milled bulgarian krink arsenal wants vital organs for.. :0

I've learned all about the rivets.

Yea it is not a questions.  The full auto AK will be a Yugo M-92 hands down.  I'm thinking of making the second full auto AK an AKS-74U, but really don't know yet.  Those will be the only two I build b/c of price.  I wish I was old enough to have bought these things 10-20 years ago :(

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top