BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Psychovore If you can dremel with a cutting disk to get the original rivets down flat and near the receiver. then drill until the head comes off all 6 that hold the rear trunion in. Remove the trunion. If you are proficient at welding? I farmed this out to a competent welder. They clamped a piece of copper to the inside of the receiver so weld would not build up on the inside. So to only fill the old holes. As for the build up on the out side of the receiver you dremel the build up down with the flat side of the cutting disk as you did with the original rivets. Being careful  not to scuff the receiver with out the weld build up. Once you get as close as you feel safe. You finish flattening out even with a Cheap harbor freight flat file. I used a micro caliper to measure before trimming the strip down to fit the AK100 folding trunion hinge. I took the folding trunion and placed it on the copy machine to get a template to drill and file fit the holes and latch for the new rivets and locking latch and button. I used a $60 harbor freight drill press to drill strait through the lock mec and button and new holes after tracing them onto the latch side of the receiver. Go slow take your time and measure and examine and measure until you are certain it is right. then check again and again. Most importantly have fun and be confident as you go. You can do it. For me the al 100 folder is the only folder for an AK. If you have questions? post them here. We want to help others here. express our opinions and "Enjoy and HAVE FUN helping others"            

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Freaking beautiful.  I wish I had the know-how to do something like that.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2013 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Can someone link me to your source for the stock and trunion pieces required for this conversion?
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for sharing! What a beauty you have there.

I have a few questions for you.

Quoted:
Cut the left side of the reciever, but not the right, and ignored the 4 degree/ 6 degree difference between the stock m92 receiver angle and a 101 sidefolder angle.  the front latch has to be placed further down to clear the trunnion, so this extra 2 degrees helps in the end.  
View Quote

Could you specify what that means? What cut did you make on the left side of the receiver, but no the right? What 4/6 degree difference? And what do the 2 degrees do to help?
Everything makes sense but this for me.

2 degrees makes the latch sit lower than the normal krinks?

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Which optic is that?
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a Burris Fastfire.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
its a burris fastfire.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Could you specify what that means? What cut did you make on the left side of the receiver, but no the right? What 4/6 degree difference? And what do the 2 degrees do to help?

http://i47.tinypic.com/28mn6zr.jpg

Thanks for your help.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cut the left side of the reciever, but not the right, and ignored the 4 degree/ 6 degree difference between the stock m92 receiver angle and a 101 sidefolder angle.  the front latch has to be placed further down to clear the trunnion, so this extra 2 degrees helps in the end.  

http://i47.tinypic.com/28mn6zr.jpg

Thanks for your help.

a standard 101 sidefolder compatible receiver has a 6 degree slant at the back.  the pap has a 4 degree slant.  I did NOT correct this 2 degree difference...which means that my stock, when deployed is 2 degrees "straighter" than it would be had it been installed on a proper sidefolder 6 degree receiver.  This means that when my stock is FOLDED, it sits 2 degrees "less straight" against the side of the receiver...necessitating the latch be placed slightly lower to engage the latching surface....which is a happy coincidence, because the shape of the pap front trunnion necessitates placing the latch slightly lower anyhow.  

the cut made to the left side of the receiver is the cut to clear the sidefolder hinge.  in a standard sidefolder receiver, that cut would be 6 degrees, to match the 6 degree (uncut) right side.  I however made my cut 4 degrees to (of course) match the 4 degree uncut right side.

this picture shows the left side, the 4 degree cut, and the hinge sitting neatly inside the cut.  

This picture shows my latch position, and it is clearly lower in the receiver compared to the latch hole picture that you provided.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool.

Just about to pick up my m92, and as it happened to today. wa state just passed the sbr law..wohoo

Do you have any pics looking at the setup from the back? and from looking inside with the cover off?

thanks
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top