Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 3/16/2022 2:25:20 PM EDT
Meet me at the mall.... It's going down....

Attachment Attached File

Meet me in the trap... It's going down....Attachment Attached File

Anywhere you meet me it's guaranteed to go down....
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a short and long hand guard, top cover, extended charging handle and stock all OTW
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell yeah!! get some PSA they are crushing it!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a short and long hand guard, top cover, extended charging handle and stock all OTW
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Psa might get me to actually have a go to AK
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jman: Are you folks going to make a rear/dust cover rail that is on the same plain (the same level) as the handguard rails? That is something we do not have in the market (for the most part).
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Woah. I wasnt expecting this. These look really cool so far. Cant wait to see the rest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure it will be equivalent.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
But why knock-off the basis system as well? Just make the LHGs tri-rails or even make the sides M-LOK? Or is PSA going to start making stuff in Basis as well?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#10]
That folder assembly is absolutely hideous.  It may work great but
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:15:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Didn't PSA just rip off Definitive Arms's AR magwell design too? Man they are just going all in... Any company who blatantly steals anothers design won't be getting my business.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I will stick with the real thing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Didn't PSA just rip off Definitive Arms's AR magwell design too? Man they are just going all in... Any company who blatantly steals anothers design won't be getting my business.
View Quote

No, how many different ways can you make a stagnag magwell and put it on an AK?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I will stick with the real thing.
View Quote

I have a zenitco furniture, Mlok is better than basis, PSAs being designed to fit on their AKs is a plus. No more grinding, no more sourcing $600 in furniture from Russia.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#17]
This might be a situation where the two can coexist without too much issue. If I remember correctly, using Zenitco on PSA stuff requires quite a bit of fitting but using it on KUSA stuff requires less fitting.

Plus MLOK > Basis.

Very interested to see what happens with this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
 I have a zenitco furniture, Mlok is better than basis, PSAs being designed to fit on their AKs is a plus. No more grinding, no more sourcing $600 in furniture from Russia.
View Quote

They have multiple US distributors if you don't want to order it from overseas.  They require fitting on Russian rifles as well.  It's part of the reason why the system they developed holds zero for optics/lasers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please don't start this BS again...  PSA's magwell design incorporates a dual button and paddle release, which the DA version does not.  

Yes, they look similar... But how "different" do you think you can possibly design a magwell adaptor with set magazine dimensions and set host receiver dimensions.  

Any manufacturer could design a "in-house" version and it's going to look similar, period.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That folder assembly is absolutely hideous.  It may work great but
View Quote

Pretty sure it's just a standard 4.5mm trunnion with a picatinny section for braces.

If you plan to SBR any Bulgarian folder will fit.  If left as a "pistol", braces look hideous anyways...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They have multiple US distributors if you don't want to order it from overseas.  They require fitting on Russian rifles as well.  It's part of the reason why the system they developed holds zero for optics/lasers.
View Quote

On the Russian 100 series they hammer in snug. On PSA(Similar to Bulgarian SLR geometry) you have to grind, hammer, fit, repeat. The instructions stressed not removing material, but you have no choice unless you have an Izzy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Zenitco looks with M-LOK compatibility? Say no more fam. PSA doing Gods work.

But will they be as sturdy..........
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m in for this for sure. Zenitco is unobtainium now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell yea! That’s awesome
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Good.

I suggested cloning it/making our own.

I mean Armacon ripped off RS Regulate.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Plz just make complete ripoffs of the zenitco stocks plz PSA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I mean Armacon ripped off RS Regulate.
View Quote

And SLR Rifleworks. LAC posted on their Instagram a few months back that they were making AR parts and they showed them directly copying Radian charging handles.

Hell, the AK-12 military issue sling is a copy of the Magpul MS3.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Make a legit zero-stable top cover that attaches firmly to the handguards and allows for an optic (a la TRS-25 or T1 footprint option) to cowitness the sights and Zenitco will be a thing of the past.

I also do not understand why someone hasn’t made a 4.5mm pin attachment for an AK side folder as a brace, instead of this hideous add on folding braces. The folder onto the OEM folder/hinge setup that is out there now is gross and weird looking.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I suggested earlier in another thread that US companies should just clone Russian parts.

In early March, the Russian government issued a decree saying that Russian companies are no longer obliged to compensate owners of patents, utility models and industrial designs from “unfriendly” countries.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

In early March, the Russian government issued a decree saying that Russian companies are no longer obliged to compensate owners of patents, utility models and industrial designs from “unfriendly” countries.

IANAL but:
This basically gave US the go ahead to start cloning Zenitco/Russian stuff since they wont reciprocate with our patents imo.

The US was listed as an unfriendly country

Putin’s decree drops legal protections for patent holders who are “registered in hostile countries.” The decree could affect pharmaceutical companies holding patents on vaccines or other medicines, and may be used to reproduce inventions in the defense or technology industries. The more valuable a company’s patents are in Russia, the more the company has to lose.

The next step along this road may be to drop protections for trademarks in Russia and allow local companies to effectively nationalize U.S. and European brands to serve the Russian people. The Washington Post reports, “The Kremlin has not issued any decree lifting protections on trademarks. But Russia’s Ministry of Economic Development said last week that authorities are considering “removing restrictions on the use of intellectual property contained in certain goods whose supply to Russia is restricted,” according to Russian state news outlet Tass, and that potential measures could affect inventions, computer programs and trademarks.” This could allow Russian oligarchs to take over the local McDonald’s franchises and simply open the restaurants under the company’s trademarks with no payments to McDonald’s and no risk of legal IP enforcement. It may also permit Russian companies to run bootleg copies of U.S. and European software and sell them in packaging and under names owned by the Western companies. We don’t know how long these decrees will last – they may be the beginning of a new normal, where Russia simply flaunts international IP laws without recourse.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/how-russia-is-using-intellectual-property-as-a-war-tactic-179260

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. The best part is we can get these products without giving money to Russia. They will also be available regardless of sanctions/customs seizures.

Its not like they can just sue PSA after the latest decree invalidating our IPs in Russia., and if they do; it wouldn't end well for Russian companies. Imo PSA knows this.
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. The best part is we can get these products without giving money to Russia. They will also be available regardless of sanctions/customs seizures.

Lots of edits. My mobile device messed this post up
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#30]
@Jman_JJE

And grips?

Either all aluminum or rubber coated?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And SLR Rifleworks.
View Quote

The Armacon is a similar product, but more aesthetically pleasing and functional. The horizontal machine work at the base and top of the lower HG portion give it a better grip. Because of this, I wouldn't say its a direct 1 to 1 copy... but it probably violates their intellectual property.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#32]
There is a Ukranian company which makes a better foreend product which is m-lok but I would expect that is not going to be easy to get these days....
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:55:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There is a Ukranian company which makes a better foreend product which is m-lok but I would expect that is not going to be easy to get these days....
View Quote

Not sure if they are in demand. Havent been able to sell mine.

Its a quality handguard though. I hope crook makes it through all this
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@Jman_JJE

And grips?

Either all aluminum or rubber coated?
View Quote

We are looking into a grip right now, nothing set in stone, what do you recommend?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We are looking into a grip right now, nothing set in stone, what do you recommend?
View Quote

@Jman_JJE

Just something similar in aesthetics and affordable:

RK-3 (I believe it is aluminum)
RK-9 (seems to be polymer)

and/or

Ak-12 style grip (polymer) complete with the internal compartment

EDIT: from another thread you mention having a grip from the ak12, so that would be hopefully something you can replicate
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm sure it will be equivalent.
View Quote
Whysoserious.meme
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They shouldn't require fitting on Russian rifles, but they typically do need a hammer (no joke). The tight tolerances are supposed to because of the GP25/30 grenade launchers and that can make it a PITA to get on a rifle, but filing or modifying the ZenitCo kit is not supposed to be a requirement

That said, I have done some polishing work on one of my B10 HGs because I didn't actually want to beat it in there with a hammer

Quoted: On the Russian 100 series they hammer in snug. On PSA(Similar to Bulgarian SLR geometry) you have to grind, hammer, fit, repeat. The instructions stressed not removing material, but you have no choice unless you have an Izzy.

This +1

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
To be honest with you, the US PALM is the best in my opinion. It just feels right.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They shouldn't require fitting on Russian rifles, but they typically do need a hammer (no joke).

View Quote

Hitting the aluminum handguard with a mallet to shape it to the steel receiver would be fitting it..
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hitting the aluminum handguard with a mallet to shape it to the steel receiver would be fitting it..
View Quote
<wellaktually.gif> you're right. However, the HG was designed to be hammered on from the manufacturer, so is it really fitting if that's how it was designed to be installed?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#41]
I welcome PSA's move to clone these; in fact, I have moved forward by buying one of the clones on the market - haven't tried it yet, but I have pictured it here.

I just received (and tricked out) my own Ak-v yesterday and I dig the Krinkov classic look; but because of the fact that I also have an Arsenal 106UR on the way, I'll probably add this rail shortly.

It's well made, sturdy - as is the clone short grip. PSA should totally do it

blob by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#42]
@Jman_JJE

RK-3 LINK

RK-3 gen 1 is all aluminum
RK-3 gen 2 is aluminum core with rubber over mold

Either g1/2 or an all polymer copy would be awesome in my book. Rk-3  gen 2 is the best AK grip I have ever used.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Id be interested in an AK-9 style poly handguard.

With you new top rail dust cover I could make a KM-AK ish setup for my 74.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I like your products, but you wont ship to me because of paranoid lawyers and a patch work of confusing/municipal laws.

Will you have distributors/retailers selling these?

Not trying to take a jab at you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Id be interested in an AK-9 style poly handguard.

With you new top rail dust cover I could make a KM-AK ish setup for my 74.
View Quote

I second this

That is such a simple, but quality upgrade that also retains the classic look.

Please do this Jman

Even when you could locate one it was >$150
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Installed this replica set (metal) and it's perfectly fitting on my PSA Ak-v (latest generation, got it days ago).

I mean, simply perfect as designed for it. No wiggling of sorts, went in rather well, sturdy and it seems it can withstand the Ak-v's recoil.

Have not shot it yet - likely today.

However I have several of these metal replicas as you can see and they are all top quality, fun items

PSA Ak-V by SoloDallas, on Flickr

PSA AK-v by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Installed this replica set (metal) and it's perfectly fitting on my PSA Ak-v (latest generation, got it days ago).

I mean, simply perfect as designed for it. No wiggling of sorts, went in rather well, sturdy and it seems it can withstand the Ak-v's recoil.

However I have several of these metal replicas as you can see and they are all top quality, fun items

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51962457854_9f9aac4b3c_k.jpgPSA Ak-V by SoloDallas, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51962735830_d51f3b2d08_k.jpgPSA AK-v by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote
That thing is sweet.

Whats the deets on the faux krink style booster?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That thing is sweet.

Whats the deets on the faux krink style booster?
View Quote
So, because I was nuts about (real) Krinks and hadn't me one (just yet, then I bought it the other day with luck and a bunch of money) what I wanted was to be able to copy a real Krink in some detail - and PSA Ak-v's don't have that style muzzle break (naturally - you CAN find the Bulgarian style muzzle in 1/2-28 but NOT the Krink booster).

Hence, I searched for an adapter from 1/2 28 to 24mm - done.
What you see next to the krink booster is an adapter (from Strela) - you can google it and you'll find it. The adapter has a large caliber anyways, so what's coming out in of the AK-v's barrel in 9mm will run safe.

The krink device is a standard, 24mm think with a large enough hole to let 9mm pass through (tested) - and it's in actual blued steel. You can find a BUNCH out there, I forget this one from exactly where it is but it fits perfectly the adapter (no wiggle) AND the muzzle of the Ak-v.

Just for fun!

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So, because I was nuts about (real) Krinks and hadn't me one (just yet, then I bought it the other day with luck and a bunch of money) what I wanted was to be able to copy a real Krink in some detail - and PSA Ak-v's don't have that style muzzle break (naturally - you CAN find the Bulgarian style muzzle in 1/2-28 but NOT the Krink booster).

Hence, I searched for an adapter from 1/2 28 to 24mm - done.
What you see next to the krink booster is an adapter (from Strela) - you can google it and you'll find it. The adapter has a large caliber anyways, so what's coming out in of the AK-v's barrel in 9mm will run safe.

The krink device is a standard, 24mm think with a large enough hole to let 9mm pass through (tested) - and it's in actual blued steel. You can find a BUNCH out there, I forget this one from exactly where it is but it fits perfectly the adapter (no wiggle) AND the muzzle of the Ak-v.

Just for fun!

View Quote
Good info, thank you very much!

I have a flash can on mine, but I like the looks of the booster on there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51962457854_9f9aac4b3c_k.jpgPSA Ak-V by SoloDallas, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51962735830_d51f3b2d08_k.jpgPSA AK-v by SoloDallas, on Flickr
View Quote

Is there any way you could IM me a link to the clones like do you mean like airsoft versions or something or is there like a more sturdier build?

I did order a b30 clone and it didn't look bad but the front part of it would bend easy because it's not in contact with the retainer or anything like that. I don't think the shorter versions of these would have that issue
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top