Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/30/2024 12:36:04 PM EDT
I need to ask AAC if their velocity spec is based on CIP or SAAMI, as SAAMI does have a 5K psi lower limit and could explain the slower velocities. AAC does rate from a 20" barrel. Accuracy was better than most typical FMJ/HP I'm used to testing in this caliber. My lot size is small, but I did have one pierced primer in the SKS. I've had pierced primers before in brass case 7.62x39mm, so likely a primer cup tolerance needs to be looked at. No noticeable excessive muzzle flash from their powder choice. No cracked cases or issues related to the cases themselves.

As far as the gel results go, we had expansion from all of our typical barrel lengths. You can effectively apply what you see from the 10", as to what you would get at 50-75 yards when fired from a 16".  I have confirmed with AAC that this bullet is a Hornady SST, and Hornady is doing all of AAC's in house bullets. I will try and work on the FMJ test next. I was sent this ammo slightly before production started to review.

7.62x39mm, 123gr Sabre Blade Black Tip, America's Ammunition Company (AAC)

7.62x39mm, 123gr Sabre Blade Black Tip, America's Ammunition Company by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr

Link Posted: 5/30/2024 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Buffman! appreciate the info!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
thank you!!!  great stuff
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:
Awesome info as always Buffman.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:
Awesome info as always Buffman.

Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:
Thanks Buffman! appreciate the info!!!

Originally Posted By jd2395:
thank you!!!  great stuff

The pleasure is all mine!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got some of these for my Pig Gun. Pretty excited.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top