Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/22/2024 11:43:54 PM EDT
With the appropriate can these would likely cycle your various AK/x39mm variants, but they are closing to going supersonic. Accuracy was very good at 25 yards, but it looked like the bullets weren't soo stabilize at 100 yds with the weird marks on the paper.  I tested them in gel, and the penetration was insane; 48"+, but very little expansion.  I think a copper expander would serve this role better, and if you want to shoot subsonic for the heck of it, Callaway's 220gr TMJ works better. I wish Brown Bear was still around!

These came from SG Ammo: https://www.sgammo.com/product/hornady-ammo-sale/20-round-box-762x39-hornady-255-grain-sub-x-subsonic-ammo-80787

A Viable Subsonic Load? Sub-X 7.62x39mm, Hornady

7.62x39mm, 255gr Sub-X, Subsonic Hornady by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr

7.62x39mm, 255gr Sub-X, Subsonic Hornady by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr

Link Posted: 8/23/2024 2:22:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow. I'm glad the things didn't tumble and ruin the suppressor.

Do they show a recommended twist on the package?

Also glad you were able to find one of those after they penciled through your get blocks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RegionRat:
Wow. I'm glad the things didn't tumble and ruin the suppressor.

Do they show a recommended twist on the package?

Also glad you were able to find one of those after they penciled through your get blocks.
View Quote
I'll have to check. Nothing is on their website.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top