Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/12/2024 4:42:58 AM EDT
Years ago I picked up an SKS basket-case - milled receiver, screw-on barrel, machined trigger housing in an aftermarket plastic stock and missing the entire gas system. I am looking for a reliable website which would/might have the missing parts as well as an original wood stock - or at least some of these parts. I did a Google search and came up with a number of the usual suspects but none had everything - in particular I didn't see any place selling a gas tube/handguard.

I would appreciate any information you all might have on this. Specifically, any good recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:23:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#1]
Liberty Tree, eBay, Numrich have always been great places to find SKS parts reasonably priced. Your more than likely not going to find everything you need at one seller though.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:09:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin76] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:
Liberty Tree, eBay, Numrich have always been great places to find SKS parts reasonably priced. Your more than likely not going to find everything you need at one seller though.
View Quote

I do appreciate your reply. I had overlooked Liberty Tree. Unfortunately, like a lot of other sites I have been looking at they are "out of stock" on a number of items I need.

I am wondering if it would be a lot of trouble converting a Yugo SKS gas tube to work on a Chinese SKS? I will take on that challenge if it doesn't require adding material. I don't mind cutting and filing material off but I don't want to have to weld to add more.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Try Century
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 11:22:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pureblood] [#4]
Double post
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ronin76:

I do appreciate your reply. I had overlooked Liberty Tree. Unfortunately, like a lot of other sites I have been looking at they are "out of stock" on a number of items I need.

I am wondering if it would be a lot of trouble converting a Yugo SKS gas tube to work on a Chinese SKS? I will take on that challenge if it doesn't require adding material. I don't mind cutting and filing material off but I don't want to have to weld to add more.
View Quote

I will send you a free gas tube if you will pay the shipping.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Pureblood:

I will send you a free gas tube if you will pay the shipping.
View Quote

Highly appreciated! I just sent you a PM.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 10:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin76] [#7]
And here is the rest of the story...

PureBlood offered to send me the SKS gas tube I was looking for - at first he asked that I pay for postage.

But then he just sent it to me entirely free of charge. And it was in immaculate condition. So I asked him if there was anything he needed. I have a bunch of extra FAL, AK, and AR parts lying around.

He asked me if I could send him a specific barrel clamp optics mount. He sent me a link, stating that it was out of stock. But when I checked the link it showed that it was in stock (probably something about the website geo-locating). So I ordered three and (after an adventure in modern logistics) got three of the parts he wanted and shipped them to him. So, because he offered to send me something I had been looking for more than ten years I not only got what I needed but was able to help him get something he couldn't get where he is.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top