User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright, before I have somebeody butcher my rifle––my Hunter will need what size threading so I can install a muzzle device––i.e. 14 mm, 24mm, 1/2 by 28, etc?  Please help, I DO NOT want to get this screwed up!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
What did you do with the original furniture?

Tom
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll update this.
It's a Norinco Hunter to Valmet build I'm just about finished with.
Need to drill one hole for the lower HG retainer, but it's done short of that.

Link Posted: 12/12/2012 1:58:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RV4Sell] [#4]
Nice !! Very sharp looking conversion, and that was done off of a hunter ? does it have the polytech 386 stamp ? Here is my Galil Version

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a hunter I would like to convert.  The rifle is of sentimental value so I don't want to mess it up.  Would anyone here be willing to do the conversion for me for hire?  
Thanks and Happy New Year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By JBOT5000:

I have a hunter I would like to convert.  The rifle is of sentimental value so I don't want to mess it up.  Would anyone here be willing to do the conversion for me for hire?  

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Im still slowly working on mine ......been a long term no-rush project .

If I were looking for a builder , Id post the question on the AK- Discussions thread , here : http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_4/64_AK_Discussions.html . . . . to get a general opinion of who to do the work and the turnaround time . This particular forum moves a bit too slow ......maybe even pose the question in General Discussion . . . if you can stand the tom-foolery

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:43:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TeamHard] [#7]
I have been lurking over this thread for about two years. I also have a norinco (type II) conversion... need a muzzle brake... but for that i need help. I have never used a die and I am not sure if Im willing to learn on my barrel.

Any other suggestions? I have contacted CNC warrior to see if they might machine me a slip-on threaded piece which can be silver soldered to the barrel.

Edit: I will post pics at a later time, the rifle is in the middle of a duracoat job and nearly completed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello, I just picked up one of these. Must be odd seeing it in the original condition LOL! I love the work you guys have done. Great inspiration. Does anyone regret doing a conversion that was un-reversable?

http://home.fuse.net/don.parker/gun.jpg
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice!
Almost makes me wish I had kept one as a Galil.
Super!
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
all done
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top