Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/29/2017 12:45:41 AM EDT
Just put mine in, wanted to give the peeps a head up!

https://fostech.us/echo-ak-47-deposit-250.html

This is a deposit for the new ECHO AK Trigger. This trigger will contain the great features of the Echo AR-II but will be for the AK-47 platform of rifles. The current ECHO AK trigger will be for the stamped versions that are most common. The exact models beyond the common stamped AK-47 are still being explored. This is a non refundable deposit. If you are not sure that you are willing to wait please hold off until they are in stock. Current expectations on delivery will be before the 3rd quarter of 2018. This is also only the deposit on the trigger. The full retail cost of the ECHO AK trigger is $547.00. This deposit will hold your place in line and triggers will be delivered based upon when your deposit is received. When your trigger is complete, FosTecH will contact you to pay the remaining balance of $297.00. There is also an option to pay for the complete trigger. This is offered for a convenience of our customers that do not want the hassle of having to pay twice. No preferential treatment is given for full payments versus those that pay the deposit. The ECHO AK trigger will allow you to select between Safe Mode, Semi Auto Mode, & Echo Mode. The secondary disconnect technology is in the ECHO AK which is what makes it legal according to the ATF. The trigger lock technology is also implemented into the ECHO AK which makes your AK very reliable. The ECHO AK is now moving to full production and by taking deposits it allows FosTecH to ramp up to the appropriate numbers for the launch of the product.

Please delete if a dupe
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Binary triggers just fire on pull and on release, right?  Seems astronomically high in price to me for that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:00:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Binary triggers just fire on pull and on release, right?  Seems astronomically high in price to me for that.
View Quote
I've purchased two for AR's. They are not cheap yet, worth every penny imo.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:33:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have to ask, do you have any connection to fostech?

You have me wondering with the "Please delete if a dupe"

Not the way a normal post is written.

@Magicmissle
View Quote
I have nothing to do with fostech, I only mentioned to delete if a dupe - I couldn't find any related threads to the new trigger but I was referring to that. I was an original pre-order for the franklin bfs and the fostech echo triggers, also the bfs for the hk platform. I will be doing and install and range test video on the ak47 one when I get it in my hands when the pre-orders ship. I have been very happy with the results of the binary triggers and want to put as much support behind them as possible! I have been asking for an ak binary trigger since the original echo was announced. Even though these are fire on pull and fire on release, they are as close to the real deal as you can get without the horrible control and inconsistency of a bump stock.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Expensive yes, much much much cheaper than a legal full auto. Pending future gun laws, these might become very possible smart investments rather than firearm enhancements. It's not very hard to modify an ak to simulate a binary triggers actions, but the nice part is that official triggers have ATF letters and consistency.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:41:41 AM EDT
[#6]
If I had more AK's, I would probably order one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:14:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Their AR trigger works like a dream and if the AK unit works that well it will be worth the money. Video below shows the installation etc so yo can skip to the end and see it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNDRgUXGM84
View Quote
The video posted was for the echo trigger on the ar platform, I’m assuming that you posted this for reference? Have you had a chance to try the new version for the ak pattern? Also interested if you are going to get anymore are-10b rifles in inventory? Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy sh*t!! $547.00 for a trigger!!!

Is is it really worth it for a faster fire rate?
Also how long is the pre-order good for?
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes we posted it saying if the AK trigger works as well as the AR Echo it would be worth the money. We have not tested the AK trigger yet but hope to soon . The Echo runs like a champ  with little to no learning curve needed.

There are discussions now with Romania about RPK type rifles but nothing hammered out yet
View Quote
Please MORE RPKs!!!

if there $1000 or under I'll buy one!!....(or 2 )
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Holy sh*t!! $547.00 for a trigger!!!

Is is it really worth it for a faster fire rate?
Also how long is the pre-order good for?
View Quote
I have 3 for my Ar's and yes they are worth it since we can't form 1 any now MG's. Once you shoot one you'll understand and grin
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes we posted it saying if the AK trigger works as well as the AR Echo it would be worth the money. We have not tested the AK trigger yet but hope to soon . The Echo runs like a champ  with little to no learning curve needed.

There are discussions now with Romania about RPK type rifles but nothing hammered out yet
View Quote
I would be interested in a rpk build as well
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't wait to see these installed in RAS47s, C39s, and IO inc AKs.... cracked cast trunnions, kabooms, and awesome malfunctions galore!

This will be really interesting to see on some quality rifles.... maybe they fostech can try an RPD binary next
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you think these would fit in a Norinco NHM or a Maadi RPM?
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 8:07:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I think these will fit any pattern stamped rifle, pretty sure these ones won’t fit any milled versions
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think these will fit any pattern stamped rifle, pretty sure these ones won’t fit any milled versions
View Quote
Won't fit milled aks? Why?
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I would love to have one of these for my RPK, but Im kinda hesitant to put a down payment for one,  when the ATF is debating banning them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Won't fit milled aks? Why?
View Quote
from what i understand is that different milled versions have different sizes, and the drop in trigger pack is based on the akm stamped pattern so its nearly universal with any stamped receiver. I think its a good investment, even with the ATF going through their bullshit stuff to "regulate" rights that "shall not be infringed" the main reason I keep pre-ordering these triggers is because I am doing it to show my support to the firearms industry. If people dont show an interest than why should they continue to make them and create different drop-ins for different weapon platforms? Besides even if the laws change, you cant deny that buying a class-3 weapon in 1985 was a bad investment.

Investments are always a gamble, there is no such thing as a safe investment. But I'm willing to make these triggers one for me, worst case I got another toy. Everyone wins
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think these will fit any pattern stamped rifle, pretty sure these ones won't fit any milled versions
View Quote
So that's a no them??...
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So that's a no them??...
View Quote
From the very limited info that has been shared to date, I will say it’s a “no” as in will not work on milled receivers. Still possible that one could be adapted to work. Shot show is next week and since the only information provided has been the “ECHO AK TRIGGER SOON TO BE RELEASED” email and the landing page, we should start getting more details.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

from what i understand is that different milled versions have different sizes, and the drop in trigger pack is based on the akm stamped pattern so its nearly universal with any stamped receiver. I think its a good investment, even with the ATF going through their bullshit stuff to "regulate" rights that "shall not be infringed" the main reason I keep pre-ordering these triggers is because I am doing it to show my support to the firearms industry. If people dont show an interest than why should they continue to make them and create different drop-ins for different weapon platforms? Besides even if the laws change, you cant deny that buying a class-3 weapon in 1985 was a bad investment.

Investments are always a gamble, there is no such thing as a safe investment. But I'm willing to make these triggers one for me, worst case I got another toy. Everyone wins
View Quote
this is absurd. the only difference in a milled and stamped trigger is either a single hook or double hook. every ak has a "single hook" trigger slot. some rifles have double hooks. maybe thats why it wont work, because they will be double hook versions instead of single hooks, which make no sense to manufacture. otherwise, an ak trigger is an ak trigger. there is no "milled" vs "stamped" trigger. i have taken triggers out of milled rifles and put them in stamped rifles without ever having an issue, and vice versa.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

this is absurd. the only difference in a milled and stamped trigger is either a single hook or double hook. every ak has a "single hook" trigger slot. some rifles have double hooks. maybe thats why it wont work, because they will be double hook versions instead of single hooks, which make no sense to manufacture. otherwise, an ak trigger is an ak trigger. there is no "milled" vs "stamped" trigger. i have taken triggers out of milled rifles and put them in stamped rifles without ever having an issue, and vice versa.
View Quote
I think the issue is with the milling tolerances, if its a drop in trigger pack it might not work without modification. I'm speaking out of my ass because I don't have an answer for this and taking a shot in the dark. I prefer milled AK's over my stamped ones.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#26]
If it won't fit milled receivers due to possible clearance tolerances I'm curious if these will fit both 1mm and 1.5mm stamped receivers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If it won't fit milled receivers due to possible clearance tolerances I'm curious if these will fit both 1mm and 1.5mm stamped receivers.
View Quote
I wonder if they would fit a psl?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I’d really like one for my F1 Krink but that price is a little steep.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Agree on the steep price, but if it really works, and isn't a "jammo binary 'matic" , must have one. A real three position safety lever with "full binary" sounds cool. If you want to play - gotta pay, a 'lot.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Is there anything new on the AK Echo?  Did anyone talk to Fostech about it, at the Shot Show?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm interested, but gonna have to wait for 2 reasons. 1)Too much risk of losing the nonrefundable deposit with the possibility of new gun regulations for binary triggers, and 2) I want to make sure all the bugs are worked out with the first version of this trigger.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Is there anything new on the AK Echo?  Did anyone talk to Fostech about it, at the Shot Show?
View Quote
Not one peep
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Bump

Anything new?
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bump

Anything new?
View Quote
yeah, Florida passed a law rendering these devices illegal since they increase the rate of fire they're "bump stocks".

Since the NRA's having come out against bump stocks because they asserted the bump stocks convert a semi auto into an illegal machine gun and asked for additional regulation and POTUS agreeing and instructing the ATF to deep six them, I don't see much of a future for these devices.

Too bad; they appear to be awesome accessories.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Agreed, I would buy one if there was a way to pay cash without any history as most wouldn't know it if it was installed anyway. I think the echo and all like devices are a sinking ship now. Damn liberals I still want one so bad.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Dang

I would love one but by the time they come out Mr. Trump will probably ban them
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#37]
I want one for both my AK and my AR.

But I’m concerned that if I get it, the laws will change and there will be a knock at the door. There’s goes a lot of money and nothing I can do about it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Exactly. Like stated above, Oct 1, 2018 these devices will be illegal in Florida. The rest of the country, it's up in the air. But anybody who sends them $ now is taking a huge chance.  GARY
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Is there a teaser video out on these like they did with the AR trigger?
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#40]
So has anyone heard anything at all about these? I mean, Franklin Armory is lapping them with a H&K, ACR, and now a B&T trigger...
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So has anyone heard anything at all about these? I mean, Franklin Armory is lapping them with a H&K, ACR, and now a B&T trigger...
View Quote
Did a preorder and I have heard nothing so far
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Bump

any new info of these? Still looking into maybe getting one
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Nothing I have seen, put in on the preorder and haven’t heard anything yet
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top