Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/25/2024 5:43:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771]
My PSA AK102 SBR currently has a Bulgarian four piece muzzle device on it (is a flash hider, booster, or brake?).  I have decided to downgrade this set up, sell the Midwest Alpha handguard and top cover and go to standard furniture with an Attero optic mount rear sight. I'm kicking around selling the muzzle device and going w/ a PSA mini-Krink muzzle device.

How do these two items compare? What am I in for if I change it out?

Pics of current set up:

Look if I swap out the muzzle device:
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
It's no contest, the 4pc gives significant flash reduction, eliminates the muzzle blast felt by the shooter, and still provides a gas boost. The bell booster pretty much only does one thing.

In fact the 4pc is about the most effective flash hider there is out of almost all designs on any platform - one of the reasons it became popular on the AR side as well.

I've had both on my M92 and the original bell booster spends its life in the parts drawer
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mancat:
It's no contest, the 4pc gives significant flash reduction, eliminates the muzzle blast felt by the shooter, and still provides a gas boost. The bell booster pretty much only does one thing.

In fact the 4pc is about the most effective flash hider there is out of almost all designs on any platform - one of the reasons it became popular on the AR side as well.

I've had both on my M92 and the original bell booster spends its life in the parts drawer
View Quote
this. If my SBR AKs aren't suppressed, they have the 4 piece.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok thank you for the information.  I will forget about trading it out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I mean, there's nothing wrong with having the "proper" muzzle device for photos and everything. I have both, I just keep the 4 piece on my rifles because it's just that much better.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#5]
To be strictly laconic:

4-piece: no fireball
Krink: MASSIVE CROWD-PLEASING FLAMETHROWER (especially fun at night).
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top