Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/21/2024 6:14:02 PM EDT
I was out shooting today. I am new to AK's and have a Zastava M70 that I am happy with. When I rock the magazine in, it clicked but was not fully seated as the front of the bullet caught under the chamber failing to feed. I pulled the magazine and tried setting it in again and it was fine.

Is there a technique in rocking the magazine in as I suspect I'm not placing it correctly? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 8:05:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I suspect that when I insert the magazine,  it's the angle I'm inserting it at. My reasoning being that when I reinsert it, everything is fine. The magazine that  does it is both the Serbian and a KCI ( Korean) magazine that I bought on my own.
Next time I'll try it with the bolt retracted in the safety lever and see if that helps.
I suspect it's the way I'm inserting the magazine and just have to " play around " with it.
I will say that I'm very confident to hit a target at 100 yds. Definitely my " house gun" .
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Odd that your first insertion technique would be different from your second.

Can you take a pic?  Under the bullet guide sounds funky.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 9:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: formermarine63] [#4]
Having been trained on the M14 or M1A, where magazine inserting is the same, there was a learning curve to inserting and rocking the magazine. Inserting and rocking the magazine was a point where newbies had a problem. I didn't think to take pictures,  but will next time. There is reasons,  maybe I have to make sure the magazine is all the ways forward? Maybe I have to make sure that the front of the magazine is in far enough before I rock it back to click.
I honestly don't think it's the firearm because Zastava has a good track record.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By formermarine63:
I suspect that when I insert the magazine,  it's the angle I'm inserting it at. My reasoning being that when I reinsert it, everything is fine. The magazine that  does it is both the Serbian and a KCI ( Korean) magazine that I bought on my own.
Next time I'll try it with the bolt retracted in the safety lever and see if that helps.
I suspect it's the way I'm inserting the magazine and just have to " play around " with it.
I will say that I'm very confident to hit a target at 100 yds. Definitely my " house gun" .
View Quote

I too, would like an AR or an AK for a house gun.
If you watch TFB TV, James Reeves discussed a 2009? study that looked at firearms used for house/home defense Vs jury convictions and the shotgun was the least "scarry" firearm and shotgun owners were convicted much less often than AR  owners. I'd suspect an AK might fair the same as an AR or worse.
It's sad we live in a country where hime owners get prison time for defending their selves and their home.
Just food for thought.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top