Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2021 1:15:35 PM EDT
Price isn't cheap but these guys say they have the LH bolt carrier (CH on the left side, better for RH people) in stock: https://www.vz58usa.com/product/vz58-bolt-carrier-left-side-charging-handle/

I've got one from a previous batch and it does make for easier bolt manipulation. Ease of reloads is better as I don't have to reach over the top of the bolt carrier to get to the CH anymore.

AJ
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eodinert] [#1]
I watched the In Range video today on upgrading the VZ.58, and remembered my VZ project I have not touched in a long time. Karl has an RS Regulate optic mount on his, and I remembered I have the mount, but not the side rail.  Off to the interwebs to look for a side rail I went.

It looks like RS Regulate doesn't make a side rail anymore, but my search took me to Czechpoint USA, where I found a factory side rail.... and the left side charging handle.  I always wanted one, and they were always out of stock.

Left side charging handle bolt carrier

It's $157.

I've been wanting one of these for years, and along with the optic mount and some goofy parts I got from Apex, it's going to breath new life into my VZ.

Vid in question:

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I just watched that video too. I've got the Czechpoint rail on mine and have a RS regulate mount on it. I like the .mil beaver barf furniture and plan on keeping it that way. Running the LH bolt carrier means I don't need the extended bolt release. It's very easy to sweep my left hand up and bump the bolt handle after changing a magazine in one fluid motion.

AJ
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one of these from Apex a while back, I hope it doesn't hit my scope mount when I try to collapse it.  To be fair, it's probably going to be a shitty stock, but rare and cool.

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top