Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2019 4:05:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: double_trouble_2003]
Digging in the back of the safe, pulled out what I was told was a Maadi when I took it on trade some years ago.

Im not finding any useful information on the receiver markings and am hoping you can help.

Is it a Maadi? What's the receiver? What's the value of a 30 year old kit?

Thanks
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Definitely a Maadi kit build.  Not sure on the receiver, the spot welds on the side look different than most.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:05:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: seekwolf] [#2]
It’s a kit maadi ... I’m not sure if the front trunnion writing has been cloned over in the states as I see strong western influences on the caliber scribing .

Is the rear sight in Arabic bud ?

Is the barrel original?
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Rear sight is Arabic.
Attachment Attached File

The receiver has Russian writing and is marked by James River. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:00:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seekwolf] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By double_trouble_2003:
Rear sight is Arabic.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31659/20190421_101911_jpg-920236.JPG

The receiver has Russian writing and is marked by James River. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31659/20190331_164613_jpg-920238.JPG
View Quote
On your front trunion their should be some Arabic writing . Do a little google translation and it’ll tell you what year the kit is . Then we’ll see how old the kit is . 30 years ago is probable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:25:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#5]
Originally Posted By seekwolf:

On your front trunion their should be some Arabic writing . Do a little google translation and it’ll tell you what year the kit is . Then we’ll see how old the kit is . 30 years ago is probable.
View Quote
The trunnion has a 1988 date on it. OP, it looks like you have a really nice Egyptian kit with desireable all Arabic parts. I would personally replace that receiver with one that's more "correct" (those spot welds are disgusting), but I realize that's not as feasible if you have to send it out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

The trunnion has a 1988 date on it. OP, it looks like you have a really nice Egyptian kit with desireable all Arabic parts. I would personally replace that receiver with one that's more "correct" (those spot welds are disgusting), but I realize that's not as feasible if you have to send it out.
View Quote
Once I zoomed in 500% I could see the markings on the front trunnion haha

That’s the same year as my maadi Arabic military kit

OP assuming it has a us barrel and built by JRA who is not anything to write home about in terms of premium builders you still have great value in just the Egyptian parts
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top