Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2024 2:26:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tigerclaw_x]
The rifle won't cycle, not even hand cycle, won't feed. BOLT either does NOT go into battery at all. Or goes into battery and then you need a hammer to get it out. This piece of garbage won't feed, won't cycle. It is very hard to mess up a gun as simple as AK, but Pioneer arms are managing to do just that. Impressive achievement. To screw up a gun which even half educated peasants have difficulties screwing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Q34MgkbXY
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that sucks. Also I cant hear a word you're saying with my sound maxed. m going to have to dig out my headphones.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Strange. I can hear everything fine on my end. I played the videos before publishing them. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Here is something else. I talked to Florida office of Attorney General, Consumer protection department, and since the gun is unsafe to use, their rep named TED told me to get ATF involved. And gave me the direct number to ATF. I am very reluctant to be involving ATF. What do you think?
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 3:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Villafuego] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tigerclaw_x:
Strange. I can hear everything fine on my end. I played the videos before publishing them. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Here is something else. I talked to Florida office of Attorney General, Consumer protection department, and since the gun is unsafe to use, their rep named TED told me to get ATF involved. And gave me the direct number to ATF. I am very reluctant to be involving ATF. What do you think?
View Quote

Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Why would you involve the Florida AG and ATF in what, at most, is a warranty issue?

Pop a headspace gauge in it and tell us what happens ...... I'll bet it's "tight"

That live round you chambered appeared to feed fine, and the bolt fully locked up in battery .... does it eject when actually shooting?

Prayers for those who live in the apartment above yours
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 6:59:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tigerclaw_x] [#4]
Pioneer arms, when I contacted them, told me to send the rifle in. When I asked what are they gonna do to it, they say "We do not know yet". There have been posts which told me that Pioneer arms would take the defective rifle, and immediately send it back claiming that "It worked fine when we got it". So I have ZERO confidence in their ability to repair it. So I asked them for replacement. They started feeding me same "Send it in, we don't know what we gonna do". That's not good enough. I had problems with VZ2008 I bought from Century, and when I encountered problems, I called Century talked with the lady named Heidi (just checked in the emails) and as soon as I called them, she said "We are so sorry, dont' worry, we will make it right, if we can't repair this, we will give you another rifle, just like it". And they did. Took them about a month but they did. So if Pioneer arms can't give me customer support at the level of Century Arms, I do not want to deal with them at all.
I called BBB, filed a complaint, BBB suggested I contact office of Attorney General of Florida office of Consumer Protection, and similar office in Wisconsin, where I live now. I filed complaints there as well. When I was talking to a gentleman named Ted in the Florida Office of Attorney General, he gave me the direct number to ATF, and said that since the gun is obviously not safe to fire, it is hazardous to the users and the public, and ATF should take a look at it. Because this is an issue of PUBLIC safety and CONSUMER safety, and ATF deals with that as well. Ted further added that "Any gun company who screws their customers deserves to have a visit from an ATF inspectors".
At this point I didn't call the ATF yet, and did not file the complaint with the ATF. I have ZERO desire to deal with them. However, Since I do not wish to get screwed out of $755, and neither do I wish for the gun be sent back to me in same condition claiming "It worked fine when we had it here". I want either a refund, or I will let them deal with ATF. It might not get my money back, but Pioneer ARms will find themselves asking a question were those $755 worth dealing with ATF. The company which screws with its clients deserves to be put out of business. Even CENTURY ARMS took care of me.

AFter the Pioneer arms rep accused me that I want a "Brand new perfect gun" (I never even implied that, in fact I said, please replace me with the blemished one, but one where blemishes are TRULY cosmetic only), and they started to say "First send it to us, and then we will figure out what to do", basically started giving me a runaround I contacted BBB. BBB took the complaint and asked where the company is. I told them in Florida. BBB told me to contact Florida Office of Attorney General consumer protection division. BBB asked me where I live, I told them in Wisconsin, they told me to contact Wisconsin office of Attorney General, consumer protection division. So I filed complaints in all 3 agencies.

I have ZERO confidence in Pioneer arms repairing that gun, as I found several of their customers claiming that they would send the gun for repairs, it would come back without anything done to the gun and a note "It worked fine when we tried to use it, since we can't duplicate a problem, we can't repair it". So after reading about this happening several times, I am not taking any chances. I requested a full refund for the gun as a resolution.
I NEVER FIRED IT so it is still new, never fired.

D
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 7:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#5]
...since the gun is obviously not safe to fire, it is hazardous to the users and the public, and ATF should take a look at it. Because this is an issue of PUBLIC safety and CONSUMER safety, and ATF deals with that as well.
View Quote

Except you don't know that. I watched your videos, and you're making a massive assumption on very shaky subjective observations. The round getting stuck when you chambered it is not immediately indicative of it being unsafe. Very likely, the headspace is tight. However, it's not tight enough to be an issue as indicated by how far forward the carrier moved. That does fall outside the realm of cosmetic issues, and Pioneer should have definitely caught that before it even left the factory. But your other issues you listed in the other thread are indeed cosmetic in nature. Even if you report them to the ATF, they're not going to do anything about it. If they did get involved with things like this, IO, Hesse, Vulcan, etc. would have been shut down long before they shuttered themselves. Hell, Century's old CETME builds with the ground locking shoulders alone is a bigger safety concern than what you're dealing with.

ETA: Please post a pic of the bullet guide if you're willing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tigerclaw_x] [#6]
Sure. Funny you mentioned Century. I have Century C91. Not Cetme but C91. NEVER a problem. The only problem I have with my C91 is the fact that barrel is neither chome lined nor melonited, as far as the image of bullet guide - here it is. And you are right, I am not going to ATF. This can open a bigger can of worms then I want to. But I already talked to my credit card company, they saw the videos, said that this is definitely defective, and they told me to send it to Pioneer and the moment the Pioneer get it - do a charge back. Since Pioneer will have a rifle, there is nothing they can do or say. It seems like this system here won't allow me to load the image from my PC or phone, they want URL, and all pics I have are on the PC

https://pixvid.org/v5s7Wj

When I took the gun to the local store in Kenosha, because the feeding ramp looks NOTHING like the feeding ramp on Galil/Golani (Got one from Century - runs like a champ, unlike this piece of garbage), nothing like ramp/bullet guide on Saiga 223 or Vepr 223, and NOTHING like feeding ramp on Zastava Zpap M90. So the tech there takes one look at it, and tells me that the bullet guide looks whacked and that if he was me he would NOT fire this rifle.

The second image is the picture of Galil/Golani (actually Century Arms Golani) rifle. Which is also, for all intends and purposes is an AK556

https://pixvid.org/v5sjVo
D
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 1:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]
And you are right, I am not going to ATF. This can open a bigger can of worms then I want to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
And you are right, I am not going to ATF. This can open a bigger can of worms then I want to.

You certainly can if you want, because it's not going to open any can of worms. The ATF does not care because it's not within their purview to regulate things like this. You can get a manufacturer's FFL without proving you are even capable of manufacturing a toothpick. I got mine during a one hour meeting and the IOI didn't even look at the shop. Even as an FFL, there's no special avenue for me to report something of this nature. If Pioneer is maintaining their books and staying compliant in that matter, then that's all the ATF cares about. If Pioneer starts selling post-sample machine guns to you, then that's something they'd be interested in.

https://pixvid.org/v5s7Wj

When I took the gun to the local store in Kenosha, because the feeding ramp looks NOTHING like the feeding ramp on Galil/Golani (Got one from Century - runs like a champ, unlike this piece of garbage), nothing like ramp/bullet guide on Saiga 223 or Vepr 223, and NOTHING like feeding ramp on Zastava Zpap M90. So the tech there takes one look at it, and tells me that the bullet guide looks whacked and that if he was me he would NOT fire this rifle.

Bro, that's literally a direct copy of the bullet guide from an AK-74, be it Russian or Bulgarian. Your Saiga and Vepr don't have one like that because they're based on the modernized AK-74M pattern that utilizes a bolt cam rivet. Galils and Zastava use their own proprietary designs, especially since there isn't really a standardized 5.56 pattern AK. The "tech" at that store doesn't know what they're talking about. The Florida AG doesn't know what they're talking about. The credit card company saying it's defective doesn't know what they're talking about. Is the rifle defective? Could be, but you're basing it all on subjective findings. As I said previously, the tight headspace is enough of a reason to send it back if that's truly what the problem is with charging the rifle. But you can't really say your Golani runs like a champ and the Pioneer doesn't, when you've never attempted to run it.

You are well justified in sending it back with all of those cosmetic defects either way. But that bullet guide is completely normal, and is actually better riveted in that your Golani bullet guide.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:17:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably just a tight headspace, there just going to grind the locking lugs down. If you cant find a local to fix it send it in and hope they do a good job.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:24:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I contacted the manufacturer. Pioneer arms insisted that Canted front sight block and front sight post are "cosmetic" because "They don't stop the gun from firing", they also claimed that one "ear" of the front sight post being 1mm longer than another is also "Cosmetic", they insisted that upper part of handguard being shifted 2mm to the right and bottom part of handguard being shifted to the left is also "purely cosmetic, as they don't stop gun from firing". So I guess being able to aim the gun comfortably and being able to hold it comfortably are also "cosmetic". Lets just say that my chinese NHM91 does not have ANY of those issues and has a better trigger.

No I didn't check the headspace as I do not have headspace gauges.
I never fired the gun since the tech in Kenosha store looked at the feeding ramp and said "DO NOT FIRE IT UNLESS YOU WANT A BOLT CARRIER GROUP IN THE FACE". I just tried to cycle it. First attempt, the bolt did NOT go into battery all the way (don't have it on the video) there was about 1cm left before bolt would close fully, and it got stuck (had to use a rubber mallet to get the bolt to move), second attempt it did fed, but when I tried to cycle it it it moved back exactly 1cm and got stuck again (here comes the rubber mallet)
I live in the house so nobody lives above me:)
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:10:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sigking] [#10]
Did you clean the rifle?  The sicky chamber could just need a good cleaning.

Of course Pioneer nor any other company won't tell a customer what they will do until they have the product back and they can inspect it.  Upon inspection, then they will determine what course of action needs taken. That's totally understandable.

The feed ramp helps guide the shells into the chamber.  The locking lugs, lock the bolt.  Not sure what your gun store expert was talking about.  If the bolt closes and locks, the ramp is not an issue.

Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I did clean the rifle. Bore, chaimber, bolt, bolt face. Cleaned everything. As far as "company won't tell you". Century did. Before I sent to them my VZ2008, I asked htem what do they plan to do. They told me that they have plenty of those VZ2008 in stock, and if the repair that is needed is minor, they will repair mine, if not, they will replace it and they will go over it with a "Fine toothed comb" like Ms Heidi, who was helping me at the time told me. (Just looked up in my email what was her name). So yes, companies do tell you what they will do. Same way that Taurus told me about my 24/7 OSS "We will repair it, and if the repair is complex, we will just send you the replacement". So yes, a HONEST company will always state IN WRITING what they will do. When people start getting slick - you know that they are Shysters and Shylocks.

D
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#12]
Nope-HM

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:08:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#13]
Nope-HM
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:48:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#14]
Nope-HM
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 9:09:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#15]
Dude, you probably need to go to grammar school. You, have problems comprehending English. I wrote that I will send the rifle back on Wen. And see what we can do. I contacted BBB and they will be working on my  behalf to get me all of my money back. They can keep the rifle. It never was fired. So BBB said that they will advise Pioneer to just refund me my money. With the money I spent on this piece of garbage I will be able to build me another Gas Piston AR. I already have lower and upper laying around. Just need a barrel, Adams Arms Gas piston system and that's pretty much it.
It is ridiculous that we now live in a time where ARs are cheaper than most AK. To get a good AK 556 you need to spend 1100+ dollars (Zastava or PSA), you can build Gas Piston AR for less :(
View Quote

Nope-HM

Link Posted: 7/31/2024 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top