Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/31/2024 5:03:08 PM EDT

I bought this ammo forever ago.  Can someone answer the following?

1) Is it from year 2007?

2) What is the translation of all the writing?

3) Is it Russian (vs some other Slavic ammo)?

4) The only thing I recall is it was 115gr, steel case and burned dirty.  Does anyone recall?

Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:41:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DMFLMK] [#1]
Pistol Cartridges Sports

July 03-07

It is Russian
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty neat. I have a few cases of 9mm fmj from Barnaul. I haven't shot any of it yet, just hoarding it. I have shot some years ago when Academy sold the 50rd boxes. Was dirty but went bang every time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DMFLMK:
Pistol Cartridges Sports

July 03-07

It is Russian
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Pistol Cartridges Sports

July 03-07

It is Russian

Thank you @DMFLMK

Originally Posted By raygixxer89:
That's pretty neat. I have a few cases of 9mm fmj from Barnaul. I haven't shot any of it yet, just hoarding it. I have shot some years ago when Academy sold the 50rd boxes. Was dirty but went bang every time.

@raygixxer89

Same here, just hoarding.  I have some 9mm Mak ammo in cans like this as well.
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By C-4:

Thank you @DMFLMK

@raygixxer89

View All Quotes
Pistol Cartridges Sports

July 03-07

It is Russian

Thank you @DMFLMK

@raygixxer89

I have some surplus from SGA, but would love some of that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anybody have a line on some surplus 9mm mak? I have a P64 that I'd like to get ammo for. I bought 10 boxes from SGA when I bought the gun but would like more.
Link Posted: 10/9/2024 8:24:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C-4] [#6]

View All Quotes
Pistol Cartridges Sports

July 03-07

It is Russian

Thank you @DMFLMK

@raygixxer89

@raygixxer89

The 9mm Mak ammo I got is, I recall, Barnaul.  I have 2 cans but never opened them.  I got them from Widerner’s Reloading before the company was sold.  As I’m sure you remember, they had a ton of ammo.  I grabbed some pictures from the Internet and I’m almost certain this is what I have.

NOT my pictures.

I will try to take a picture of the spam can.

My sense is that this was commercial Barnaul 9mm Mak ammo packed in 1440 round cans.  It’s not surplus ammo so non-corrosive.

Did you buy the recent Bulgarian 1990 9mm Mak ammo?  You posted that you have a few cases of the Barnaul but do you mean in 9mm Luger?

I started a thread on it and have not bought any of it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Anyone-shoot-the-Bulgarian-surplus-9mm-Makarov-ammo-/20-213886/
Link Posted: 10/10/2024 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
@C-4 :
Yup. I bought the Bulgarian surplus 380acp. At least I think it was. It came in little 25 pac plastic holders. I bought 500rds of it. Can't remember if it's brass or copper washed (I think brass cased).
I have a bunch of cases of the 9x19 Barnaul, too. I started buying it right when the rumors of the embargo started. Barnaul is great stuff.
Link Posted: 10/10/2024 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#8]
@C-4 :
Yup. I bought the Bulgarian surplus 380acp. At least I think it was. It came in little 25 pac plastic holders. I bought 500rds of it. Can't remember if it's brass or copper washed (I think brass cased).
I have a bunch of cases of the 9x19 Barnaul, too. I started buying it right when the rumors of the embargo started. Barnaul is great stuff.
View Quote

Got it!
Link Posted: 10/10/2024 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anybody have a line on some surplus 9mm mak? I have a P64 that I'd like to get ammo for. I bought 10 boxes from SGA when I bought the gun but would like more.
View Quote

@raygixxer89

Just so we’re clear, you already know about this stuff?

https://www.sgammo.com/product/9x18-mak-ammo/1280-round-can-9x18-makarov-bulgarian-94-grain-fmj-lead-core-magnetic-bi-metal
Link Posted: 10/10/2024 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#10]

@raygixxer89

https://www.sgammo.com/product/9x18-mak-ammo/1280-round-can-9x18-makarov-bulgarian-94-grain-fmj-lead-core-magnetic-bi-metal
View All Quotes

@raygixxer89

I think that I saw that when I bought the 500rd ammo can from SGA. I just bought the little can to try the gun out. If I really enjoy shooting it, I might get the 1280rd can. Seems like a decent price for surplus stuff.
Thanks for the link!
@C-4
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top