Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/21/2024 10:54:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver]
I know there's better ways to mount but this particular AKM has been with me for over 15 years and it is pretty beat up. Accuracy is 4moa on a good day. So I'm not worried about accuracy loss with a clamp on style.

But I don't see much out there anymore? Other than UTG which is a crap shoot
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Strangely enough, there are some UTG products which work pretty well. I have a UTG bipod that's actually two-piece, each side attaches via M-lok, and it's been great, very sturdy and good design.

For simple recreational shooting with an old rifle, I think a cheaper product like UTG would be fine.

Everybody has a couple cheap parts from the likes of UTG that work for what we need, we just don't talk about them or post pics on arfcom, lol!
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
We don't normally talk about this.

View Quote

Agreed, should be kept on the down-low. Shame on you OP for mentioning UTG.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 11:45:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#4]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Strangely enough, there are some UTG products which work pretty well. I have a UTG bipod that's actually two-piece, each side attaches via M-lok, and it's been great, very sturdy and good design.

For simple recreational shooting with an old rifle, I think a cheaper product like UTG would be fine.

Everybody has a couple cheap parts from the likes of UTG that work for what we need, we just don't talk about them or post pics on arfcom, lol!
View Quote

I've had a UTG ultralight  RDS riser on an 11.5" upper that lives behind my truck seat and gets thrown around on camping and fishing trips, dropped etc. Has never lost zero.

UTG also made some pretty legit GI style irons as well.

But yeah, like fat girls and scooters
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 5:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#6]
So aim surplus sports ended up having a clamp on that kind of looks like an rpk bipod, which is what I was hoping to find. Only 34 bucks. May not be durable. But I'm willing to try it since it's exactly what I'm looking for.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 4:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#7]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
So aim surplus ended up having a clamp on that kind of looks like an rpk bipod, which is what I was hoping to find. Only 34 bucks. May not be durable. But I'm willing to try it since it's exactly what I'm looking for.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285899/1000011829_jpg-3248926.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285899/1000011830_jpg-3248927.JPG
View Quote

I have a couple of different AimSports products and i've been super happy with them, good sturdy stuff.

ETA: To avoid confusion AimSports is not the same thing as AIM Surplus, AimSports manufactures products and sells off their site and also through dealers. AIM surplus is a bunch of poo-flinging GMP-watching ammo pimps.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top