Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2024 10:18:59 AM EDT
From the press release:
“New: B-33AKSU dust cover

B-33AKSU forms a Picatinny rail above the receiver of AKS-74U, as well as a rear sight that allows the use of a standard front sight.

B-33AKSU is based on our product B-33 for AK. The difference lies in the method of attachment. The regular dust cover of an AK (74th, 100th, 200th series) is removable, the AKS-74U has a non-removable dust cover, which is attached to a hinge. In this regard, we have implemented the possibility of installation of B-33 on Zenitco-manufactured handguards, which adds rigidity. And for the AKS-74U, such an installation method is currently not possible to implement due to the design of this rifle. We used a regular seat, but replaced the hinge with axial clamps, which provide a more rigid fit than just the hinge. Also, for proper installation, it is necessary to reassemble the regular return mechanism and replace the back and the guide with those included in the kit if B-33AKSU.

The weight of B-33AKSU dust cover is 179 g, which is 48 g more than the weight of the regular dust cover.

In the photo, we present the maximum setup with a red dot, a thermal scope, dual lasers and flashlights in both visible and IR ranges, as well as open iron sight.

On the photo: B-33AKSU dust cover, B-11U handguard, B-19 upper handguard, RL-1 hand stopper, PK-9 pistol grip, PT-1S buttstock, A-6 and A-4 QD slingmount rails, «Perst Leader» combined device, «Vzor-1» red dot on PV-B45U mount, «Gran-2» 640-25-18 thermal scope on B-5 rail.

The weight of this setup (no magazine): 4 kg. 431 g.”

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]
neat, but might as well be vaporware.

In other news North Korea has this awesome product that we never see also....

Sorry, it's cool but with the political climate, kinda falls in the so what category.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
neat, but might as well be vaporware.

In other news North Korea has this awesome product that we never see also....

Sorry, it's cool but with the political climate, kinda falls in the so what category.
View Quote

The helical AK-74 magazine?!

Pretty neat approach to securing the cover at least.  I can’t imagine there’s a huge demand for mall-ninja AKSUs in military service though.  The 105 is just better all around without being that much bigger.

The sad thing is even when the mess overseas ends, the sanctions on Russian ammo/guns/parts will conveniently never end.    They never miss an opportunity to leave permanent gun control in place.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I will say this, that AKSU looks sick as all get out though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
Big Sal is back with a "quietly released" thread.

Been awhile.
View Quote

Slow news year…
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh my

I hope I can get that in my lifetime
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:32:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Just stop with the "quietly released" thing.  It is overdone.  Just stop.  No one thinks it is clever.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HawkinsID:
Just stop with the "quietly released" thing.  It is overdone.  Just stop.  No one thinks it is clever.
View Quote

Eh, it doesn't bother me. That's Sal's thing, his trademark. I actually get a laugh every time I see one of his posts that include the "quietly" part.

However, I do respect your opinion.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I don’t post a whole lot these days, but there are a few really functional pieces coming to our market and this design (while not one of them) is interesting. Even if we don’t see it, cloners will probably duplicate it eventually.

As for the “quietly” bit: I’ve just gotten use to it. Apologies for the offense.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:37:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HawkinsID] [#13]
Releasing something "quietly" implies the company is not that bright.  A company is in business to make money.  You make money by customers knowing what you have and buying it.  

Besides being overdone, "quietly" is not that clever from a marketing standpoint.  

Just stop.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Releasing something "quietly" implies the company is not that bright.  A company is in business to make money.  You make money by customers knowing what you have and buying it.  

Besides being overdone, "quietly" is not that clever from a marketing standpoint.  

Just stop.
View Quote

Maybe the release seems quiet over here because they know they can't sell it to us.  Why would they waste advertising dollars showing off something to somebody who can't buy it?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Releasing something "quietly" implies the company is not that bright.  

View Quote

Not necessarily. Companies often have "soft openings" or "soft launches" to gauge consumer interest, gather data and feedback, etc., before the general launch. They also do this to generate referral marketing. "Not that bright" companies that have dome this include Apple, PayPal, and Uber.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
Guess you didn't see my reply?

You are the only one complaining, maybe it's not that big of a deal to the rest of us?

We like BigSal, I never saw you post in this forum until this thread.

View Quote

Thanks brother. Some people get offended by the strangest things. I wish him the best.

Anyway, I heard that there is a video that apparently shows the lockup mechanism for this one. I’ll post it when I find it.

As for finding this one, or getting it into the country: I can’t offer anyone any advice. Use your head though, and NEVER send money overseas that you can’t afford to lose. Lots of horror stories about people buying through fly-by-night outfits on Instagram and getting burned..
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krinkovovich] [#18]
@HawkinsID If you want to be angry about a title of a post, go to the AK files and release your frustration there. A lot of other AK guys will thump back n forth with you on semantics that can go on for months. It may be your thing

As for the B33 dustcover for the krink. It's really cool. But lately I've found myself tired of the Zenitco craze mainly for the weight it brings to my AK. A nice side mount rail and red dot does the trick for me without having to remove the rear sight for a TWS dust cover as an alternative.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By krinkovovich:
@HawkinsID If you want to be angry about a title of a post, go to the AK files and release your frustration there. A lot of other AK guys will thump back n forth with you on semantics that can go on for months. It may be your thing

As for the B33 dustcover for the krink. It's really cool. But lately I've found myself tired of the Zenitco craze mainly for the weight it brings to my AK. A nice side mount rail and red dot does the trick for me without having to remove the rear sight for a TWS dust cover as an alternative.
View Quote

I tend to agree, I just don’t personally see the point of installing a heavy chassis system for the limited utility it provides me outside of just using the side rail and a simple light mount. Of course if you’re using IR devices and such that’s another story. Also, if you just think it’s cool then that’s justification enough since we all like to dress up our rifles.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top