Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2023 10:45:53 PM EDT
I'm really excited to try some of this in my suppressed AKs to see how reliability is but I can't find any in stock.

Has anyone tried this stuff yet? Does it cycle 16" guns? 10" guns?

I have had decent luck with the reliability of brown bear subs in my AKs but I don't like that it's FMJ (can't use for hunting or self defense).

Anyone have any word on availability from hornady?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump as I have been interested in this myself.  It would seem that Hornady announced this but hasn't actually produced any ...
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I've done heavy subs in an AK before. Wasnt a big deal. Cycled fine.

Haven't tried the Hornady stuff. Didn't know of it until now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
So far they cycled on the BRN-180 with a can. M92 with no can, no cycle. PSA GF3 somewhat consistent cycling. I have some adapters that I'm going to try to use on the AK hosts. :D
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Posting here cause this is the most recent discussion i saw of this load.

I bought a bunch of it with the intent of using them in a cz600 trail in 7.62x39 for a little compact suppressed fun thing.

Disappointingly i have found that out of the CZ600s 16inch barrel, the half of these rounds fired are clearly subsonic, a quarter just riding the edge of the sound barrier and a quarter sound really nice.

Given that the claimed test barrel is a 20in at 1050fps, i wonder if by 20in the projectile is slowing down...

Anyway, it was accurate enough. I will have to chrono it and try in an AK (maybe the gas port releases enough pressure to keep it subsonic) and then a 24in rpk to see if the projectile is actually slowing down.

From my previous messing around with brown bear subs, i found that they would usually stay subsonic in a 16in, but always were supersonic in the 24in unsurprisingly.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top