Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2024 12:48:00 PM EDT
I am trying to figure out what would be better. Currently I have the 7" Q barrel along with a YHM Resonator K can.

This is more of a range gun and home defense so I didnt go to crazy with the build. But ammo wise I'm more sure what would be ideal for a 7" + Can (11" total).

Any recommendations would be great
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Ideal for what exactly?

For defensive use you want supers. Subs are fun for plinking but have far less terminal performance than supers, more in line with a handgun catridge.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Currently I'm trying to get my ammo count up. Right now I'm spending a lot of time at the range running drills. I've read that supers with a can isn't ideal. Is that a legit thing? I've ran subs with the can no issue but never ran supers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Currently I'm trying to get my ammo count up. Right now I'm spending a lot of time at the range running drills. I've read that supers with a can isn't ideal. Is that a legit thing? I've ran subs with the can no issue but never ran supers.
View Quote

They're going to be significantly louder than subs, but other than that it's perfectly fine to shoot supers with a suppressor. You'll probably notice the supers are a little gassier too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
It appears that can is rated for a min barrel length if 7.5” for 300blk.  That would suggest running supers thru your 7” would void any warranty on the can.  Whether it would wreck the can or not, you could FAFO or inquire with manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up going subs. Supers definitely have better ballistics but running subs is something I am willing to do. My ears are fucked already and anyone I shoot is getting more than one round. If they only get one it's because that one did it's job be it sub or super.

Will 3 or 4. 220 grain subs do the trick. Most likely. Better than my 9mm pistol or .38 that is normally my go to.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The whole point of the 300BO is to get both.

Depends on the use but the gun will work pretty decent with either sub or super
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Subs with can for inside.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I love shooting subs, but I keep supers loaded for home defense.

ETA: with a suppressor either way.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Supers are roughly 7.62x39 power.

Subs are between 9mm and 45acp.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The whole point of the 300BO is to get both.

Depends on the use but the gun will work pretty decent with either sub or super
View Quote

Yup, either will work.  What is best is based on how you will use the gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#11]
For a rifle weight reactionary / contingency gun I prefer rifle ballistics.  I can’t see stealth or low signature dominating the choice over penetration, energy dump, terminal ballistics, max point blank range, etc.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top