Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2024 2:31:38 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster .450 20" chrome lined with carbine gas. it is factory dimpled in 2 spots spaced .350 apart. Anyone have a recommendation on what to use? I was worried that because of the second dimple being so close if I dont match the spacing will it pull the gas block out of alignment if a set screw is dropping half way into a dimple?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The consistent location for a dimple is the one directly beneath the gas port.  Tighten that setscrew down first and the other will just play along.  You could also go with a clamp-on gas block and eliminate the need for dimples entirely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top