Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m also in Arizona and this has been a concern of mine, keeping a loaded SBR in the car. I have searched but found next to nothing in regards. Could you please link me to where it states this is legal? I would very much appreciate the peace of mind.

@GSL

Thanks in advance
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can keep the SBR loaded in my car and it's legal,
I’m also in Arizona and this has been a concern of mine, keeping a loaded SBR in the car. I have searched but found next to nothing in regards. Could you please link me to where it states this is legal? I would very much appreciate the peace of mind.

@GSL

Thanks in advance
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/arizona/

See "Carrying".
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You do you. If that's what you want and think, fine.

I don't want a pistol. I can keep the SBR loaded in my car and it's legal, even concealed. People need to know the laws of the people they argue this with, meaning states like mine where I am legally privileged more than them.

If I cross state lines then I'm driving a significant amount of distance through large amounts of open space. Who in their right mind wants a short barrel anything when a 14.5 pinned and welded, or even a 16 is best for this? Exactly.

The VFG helps me control the rifle with the way I shoot and it gives me more real estate to hold onto to make up for the lack of rail length.

I use the stock in the same position too; fully extended. Unless it's cold and I have extra layers then I move closer either one or two clicks. I like having that option.

And a stock is stronger and more durable than a blade as there's a lot of difference between feeling recoil and being unpleasant to cheek weld and having an actual comfortable stock that is pleasurable and comfortable to cheek weld.

I don't like the NFA laws but until it goes away I'm going to pay to play. It's my money, I'll do what I want with it and I don't care what others think about it. They have no say in the matter anyways.

So if you want to have a pistol, it's your money and not mine. I just don't see any valid reason for ME to want one because it's pointless and no one's argument will ever change my mind about it.

View Quote
Why are you even in here talking about it if your state has different laws than OPs?

This is the land of get both.

I have four SBRs. They are superior in every way unless i want one loaded in the car and travel interstate
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, that's the one.

A loaded rifle in the car and concealed or not, perfectly legal. Now nun chuks, that's the one that will land you in jail, no joke.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yup, that's the one.

A loaded rifle in the car and concealed or not, perfectly legal. Now nun chuks, that's the one that will land you in jail, no joke.
View Quote
Yeah the one weapon that many Bruce Lee wanabee idiots knocked their own teeth out with is unabashedly illegal.  Hilarious.

Here is one for a couple laughs.  Bikini nun chuk fail.  Where else you gonna get scantily clad women and nun chuks together?

That is gonna leave a mark.

Edited. COC#9. Bikini pics may ONLY be posted in the BOTD forum, and under the rules posted in that forum.

Ok then, here is an edit without the bikini.  Talking about nun chuks here the bikini was an afterthought.  Now it is gone.  Will this pass muster?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, you’re just mad you paid $200 and had to ask permission to put a stock on your gun. Period.

There is ZERO difference in speed between an SBR and a pistol. Who cares if it’s a tad more uncomfortable. Quite honestly I don’t even notice.

It’s laughab that you think your wall of text is correct or anyone cares. I laugh my ass off at my uncle who’s 6 months into his SBR wait. I laugh at him every time we shoot. I’m shooting my 10.5.  He isn’t because ATF.

You sound like those guys who looks down his nose at people who don’t spend $3500 on an AR and thinks any cheaper option is junk.

But have fun with your opinion. I’ll be having fun with my pistol that has less restrictions than your “I got my permission” gun.
View Quote
Nah, he's quite right actually. A real stock is superior in everyway except for the circumstances of being compliant with state laws.

It's not spending $200 to put a stock on.., it's spending $200 to have a short barrel rifle, something 99% of the rest of the population does not have. Plus you're not accounting for those of us that see the $200 fee and wait as well worth it. IMO it's a small inconvenience to have something so exclusive and superior for CQB and home defense purposes.

Besides, saying he "paid $200 for permission" to use a stock is no different from me saying you paid $125 because you DON'T have permission. Also I assure you your "uncle" will have the last laugh.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#7]
functionally at this point they are the same thing.

in the past 20 years, i dont think anybody can demonstrate a stand alone issue of somebody getting into hot water over not feeling out a transport form, not meeting 922r, not engraving or not having forms on-hand when shooting.

I have a number of SBR's and no pistols at them moment but after the seeing some of the braces that have some out and the fact that they no longer look like a bag of dicks, I'll definitly have at least a couple pistols planned for the future,  the CZ Bren, and a Mp5 Clone are at the top of the list.  a PDW based AR build is up there as well

I would pick up a pistol variant and see how it feels to you and see if it holds you back in any way.  if it does, fill out the form 1 and send it in.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:55:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I love AR pistols.  The latest braces are amazing
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:23:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nah, he's quite right actually. A real stock is superior in everyway except for the circumstances of being compliant with state laws.

It's not spending $200 to put a stock on.., it's spending $200 to have a short barrel rifle, something 99% of the rest of the population does not have. Plus you're not accounting for those of us that see the $200 fee and wait as well worth it. IMO it's a small inconvenience to have something so exclusive and superior for CQB and home defense purposes.

Besides, saying he "paid $200 for permission" to use a stock is no different from me saying you paid $125 because you DON'T have permission. Also I assure you your "uncle" will have the last laugh.
View Quote
With a pistol, you do not need permission.  "so exclusive and superior for CQB and home defense purposes?" LMAO!
You paid $200 on top of what you already paid for your stock.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

With a pistol, you do not need permission.  "so exclusive and superior for CQB and home defense purposes?" LMAO!
You paid $200 on top of what you already paid for your stock.
View Quote
Well it's not some badass outlaw move of defiance lol. I don't know why people think they're doing anything better than others with NFA paperwork. With a pistol you don't have permission AT ALL and your limited to what they TELL you is OK, on top of them TELLING you how you're ALLOWED to use it, all after buying a proprietary part that's more expensive than a regular stock. Do you understand your own hypocrisy yet?

So I have a $40 stock that can be used on any of my other rifles. Am I supposed to interpret this as a loss? Instead of buying something proprietary just for compliance, I'm using something I either already have or I'm already planning to get and NO one can tell me how to use it lol.

And you quoted me incorrectly. SBR being superior for CQ was a statement not a question, and it's in context to mid-length and other rifle platforms, not even just AR variants but all standard length rifles.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Everybody has their own idea of what is best.

The problem is, everybody thinks what is best for them, is best for others.

It is not.
View Quote
This needs to be seen again, couldn't have said it any better...and the sole reason this thread continues to argue.

An AR pistol is a solid compromise for people who prefer not to jump through the hoops of filling out paperwork and paying $200. Whether it be time until full assembly/use, financially conscious or the principal of giving the government money for a stamp. That's literally it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This needs to be seen again, couldn't have said it any better...and the sole reason this thread continues to argue.

An AR pistol is a solid compromise for people who prefer not to jump through the hoops of filling out paperwork and paying $200. Whether it be time until full assembly/use, financially conscious or the principal of giving the government money for a stamp. That's literally it.
View Quote
If you do it right, a pistol is still $200 dollars. I'd leave it at principle because $200 dollars is a case of ammo which is consumable. It's not the money.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've run a legal length upper on my pistol lower because I put a better trigger than what's in my rifle lower. I enjoyed it. With the SBM4, I'll never own an AR with a barrel longer than 14.5 ever again unless it's a precision set up that would run a stock that I would run ONLY on a precision gun. We can go back and forth, and you can tell me that my ego is hurt all you want, but when it comes down to it, I don't have to ask permission to take my MK18 on a road trip.
View Quote
I wasn't going back and forth.  I simply asked a couple of questions, it's what we do here.
I already conceded that the braces had come a long way, but you saying the braces were better than a M4 stock was the first I had seen posted, so I asked an honest question.  
I accept that you prefer the brace to a stock, other than your precision rifle.  Just the first time I had ever read it.
Ego?  Never mentioned that either, you pistol guys are on the defense, and I was not attacking.
The permission thing, and the principal of all of this has really got you wound up.  It's fine, but I really was just asking.
I have cranked out those "permission" forms in under a minute, but I would likely grab a pinned 14.5 if I was going into another state.  I have a few that I really like.  For me, it just isn't a big deal to do.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not afraid of obtaining stamps. I have SBR's and silencers.
With that said, if I was wanting an SBR today that I didn't already have, I would go the pistol route.

I would never leave any gun unattended in my car ever and if I was traveling across state lines I would only have my Glock on me unless I was going for some shooting specifically.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wasn't going back and forth.  I simply asked a couple of questions, it's what we do here.
I already conceded that the braces had come a long way, but you saying the braces were better than a M4 stock was the first I had seen posted, so I asked an honest question.  
I accept that you prefer the brace to a stock, other than your precision rifle.  Just the first time I had ever read it.
Ego?  Never mentioned that either, you pistol guys are on the defense, and I was not attacking.
The permission thing, and the principal of all of this has really got you wound up.  It's fine, but I really was just asking.
I have cranked out those "permission" forms in under a minute, but I would likely grab a pinned 14.5 if I was going into another state.  I have a few that I really like.  For me, it just isn't a big deal to do.
View Quote
I was actually responding to someone else, but the post was too long for me to quote.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#17]
AR pistol for me. There is no tax stamp required. I can keep it loaded in the car. I can carry it loaded and concealed in a backpack. I can shoot it out of state. I can sell it to someone else easily. I can turn it into a regular rifle with a longer barrel to go go hunting with and back to a pistol when I get back home.

If I ever get pulled over and searched for whatever reason, I don't have to explain it's legality. While I would win and get off eventually, I prefer not to even have to do anything other than producing a carry license since it's loaded.

It's definitely more versatile. I don't understand what others mean as far as bad comfort in regards to shouldering though. It feels the exact same to me. For all intents and purposes, a good brace is a stock function-wise. It feels no different than any other AR I've shouldered.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:38:22 AM EDT
[#18]
The pistol route is appealing to me as I cross state lines almost daily and want something small and compact to tag along. If I lived in the middle of a large state than I'd probably think it's goofy too.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top