Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 82
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:22:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I got my two receiver sets, BCH, charging handles, Geissles, Magpul furniture, and Odin rails today from Primary.  Barrels, LPKs, has blocks/tubes, and buffers coming from Aero hopefully next week.  (Along with a couple 556 lowers for the safe!)

I have some assembly to do!
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great Now I have to contact him and find out. It only took 8 days to get the parts kits in 2 day priority mail.  Also where are you guys getting parts I am looking for a adjustable gas block and a mid length gas tube and rail and stock and all I can find is ar15 parts, but Magpul has a few AR10 stocks.
View Quote

The gas block and gas tube are the same as used on AR15s. Got my SLR gas block from righttobear.com. They sell a lot of 80% lowers but they have other stuff in stock also. Hyper fast shipping every time I order from them.

Right To Bear Arms & Supply
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm assuming that you guys talking about SLR rails getting anodized ordered FDE? I seem to recall their website saying that ordering FDE would add a lead time due to being sent to get anodized FDE.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm assuming that you guys talking about SLR rails getting anodized ordered FDE? I seem to recall their website saying that ordering FDE would add a lead time due to being sent to get anodized FDE.
View Quote

Nope, just the normal black color.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you guys asked about it in their industry forum?
They seem to be a great company that are genuinely concerned with customer satisfaction. My first two orders from them in the last two weeks have gone smooth as silk.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did he say that or the website say that? Either way that's shitty. Mine is getting anodized too, hope it's not the same case. I'd like to actually build this rifle while I'm home on leave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody get a shipping notice from slr?

No... called Friday reference a rail that showed in stock, was told the rail I ordered was at the shop getting anodized.... apparently the rail was NOT in stock. I don't like that...

Did he say that or the website say that? Either way that's shitty. Mine is getting anodized too, hope it's not the same case. I'd like to actually build this rifle while I'm home on leave.

Says my package shipped on Dec 2 and arrived Dec 5 so it should be at my house. Too bad I'm deployed
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Called today and they said it should be on the way today. All boxed up and ready to ship.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I've ordered several things the last several weeks.  Once my black Friday package finally left the shop it was here pretty quick.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#9]
installed UTG Pro 15" keymod rail on my Aero M5.  some pics at the critical rail mating edge.  i'd say it's right on level.  those little anti-rotation tabs are an EXACT fit.  rock solid, no movement at all.
the button-head screws are 3mm hex key (allen key is included).

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've ordered several things the last several weeks.  Once my black Friday package finally left the shop it was here pretty quick.
View Quote

How long did it take for you to get a shipping confirmation?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone with a complete M5 lower live up in the NOVA area... and are willing to let me test my upper on it?
I want to determine with confidence that my problems really are that of an issue with the lower.

So far it feels like I'm $2,000+ in on polishing a turd.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

No... not mine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Currently waiting for my parts to off gas, them Cerakoting the rifle tonight.

Water in the air compressor is really kicking my ass. I live in the desert, too, which really rubs salt in the wound. I've drained my tank a gazillion times. Might have to hold off until humidity drops.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about a little DD FDE Cerakote mimicry?

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know if the BTE low profile fits under the 15 inch rail? I am planning on getting a rail from Aero since most of the others done line up perfectly, but since the barrel is a mid length the gas block would be under the rail correct? Also  is the adjustable gas block really needed or will the low profile from Aero .750  work. I was the posts where the guy was having gas issues.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Finished the M5 up last night.

-Aero Precisions M5 recievers, receiver extension, buffer spring, BCG, LPK
-Rainier Arms UltraMatch LR 16"
-SLR Sentry 8 adjustable GB
-Surefire SOCOM SF3P SR25
-Gunfighter Mod.3 CH
-Daniel Defense LITE 762
-KAC BUIS
-Geissele SSA-E
-LMT SOPMOD

Recevier extension, castle nut, and barrel coated in a custom mix of Norrell's Moly Resin to match muzzle device.

Receivers and rail Cerakoted in custom color "SOCOM Dark Earth"

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Finished the M5 up last night.

-Aero Precisions M5 recievers, receiver extension, buffer spring, BCG, LPK
-Rainier Arms UltraMatch LR 16"
-SLR Sentry 8 adjustable GB
-Surefire SOCOM SF3P SR25
-Gunfighter Mod.3 CH
-Daniel Defense LITE 762
-KAC BUIS
-Geissele SSA-E
-LMT SOPMOD

Recevier extension, castle nut, and barrel coated in a custom mix of Norrell's Moly Resin to match muzzle device.

Receivers and rail Cerakoted in custom color "SOCOM Dark Earth"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/AR10/20151212_155416_zps5t4ck8dn.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/AR10/20151212_155639_zpshsqhibbv.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/AR10/20151212_155710_zpszcysykxg.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/AR10/20151212_155731_zpsevlczfw1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/AR10/20151212_160106_zpshjilrcvr.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/ARFCOM/AR10/20151212_160134_zpsrdpbg9tq.jpg
View Quote

Wow... looks great... how long is that rail? You have the look I'm kind of going for with the 16" barrel and 13" SLR rail...
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks!

It's a 12" rail. Barrel is 16" with a rifle length gas system.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Jumped in the pool about an hour ago.  Ordered 2 bare AP M5 lowers.  I figure to go one short & light (14.5/16"), red dot, and one long & heavy(20/22"), glass.  That's about as much as I've thought lol.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Jumped in the pool about an hour ago.  Ordered 2 bare AP M5 lowers.  I figure to go one short & light (14.5/16"), red dot, and one long & heavy(20/22"), glass.  That's about as much as I've thought lol.
View Quote

I'm sure I will do a 18" or 20" build as well after I finish the current project.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 3:25:19 AM EDT
[#21]
FWIW, I bought an assembled AP M5 upper (on sale, how could i resist). noticed that the included foward assist didn't engage the serrations on my bolt carrier.  since the FA is held in with a screw instead of a roll pin, easy to disassemble & inspect.  i compared it to some spare AR15/M4 forward assists i had laying around, i noticed that the pawl (finger) didn't have the same range of motion, so i swapped it out, and voila, now it works fine.

i only mention it because i saw on the AP page (Community) that somebody on Facebook/Instagram had the same issue.  just wondering if AP got a batch of sub-spec forward assists.  food for thought if you have the same problem.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn, my handguard is too long for me to get to the SLR gas block. Is there a longer allen wrench I can buy?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Damn, my handguard is too long for me to get to the SLR gas block. Is there a longer allen wrench I can buy?
View Quote

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=57_129&page=2
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=57_129&page=2

Thanks

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone got shipping notice from Schuyler about the barrels? They said they should ship on the 8th but got the wrong ones in a different post. today is the 14th?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Has anyone got shipping notice from Schuyler about the barrels? They said they should ship on the 8th but got the wrong ones in a different post. today is the 14th?
View Quote
I haven't heard anything since I placed an order on the 4th for a BCG and buffer kit

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I haven't heard anything since I placed an order on the 4th for a BCG and buffer kit  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay that is good to know. I do know it took 2 weeks to get my last package from them I guess I will see the barrel next year.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#29]
16 months in the making. I still have a long way to go to get it where I want it (bipod, scope, mount, maybe even a suppressor) but at least I finally have a functioning rifle.

Last August

Lots of parts collecting, mostly waiting for and jumping on sales

And finally a complete rifle

Aero receiver set, Rainier select 18", AP BCG and CH (plan to upgrade to a BCM 7.62 Gunfighter large latch), SLR 16" Solo hand guard, A2 stock with DPMS 308 rifle buffer and spring, 5 Brownells mags. Still waiting on my Surefire flash hider that's on back order, so I went with an AP bird cage while I wait. Can't wait to get to the range and try it out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

When I ordered my lower from them it took, IMO, forever to ship.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Okay that is good to know. I do know it took 2 weeks to get my last package from them I guess I will see the barrel next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got an email with a tracking number.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Me too. Hopefully it actually ships today.

To be fair, they have been very fast with responses to questions about my order.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a very, very bad feeling fedex has lost my M5 buidler set.

Boy fedex used to be good. I got the 'label created' email last week. No other updates. Was supposed to be delivered today. Nothing. Not a peep since last week. Call fedex and get a simple. 'there is no info available' response. What the hell does that even mean? Emailed Schuyler, they said they have a 'pickup receipt' and will try and contact fedex. Not getting the warm fuzzies about this one at all. I've got alot of money sunk in this based off getting that builder set at an affordable price.

They said the barrel was supposed to go out today, so for everyone waiting on barrels, theres that. Not sure why they even bothered to ship them seperately? Not a huge deal to wait for the barrel.

I hope fedex hasnt lost my receiver.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have a very, very bad feeling fedex has lost my M5 buidler set.

Boy fedex used to be good. I got the 'label created' email last week. No other updates. Was supposed to be delivered today. Nothing. Not a peep since last week. Call fedex and get a simple. 'there is no info available' response. What the hell does that even mean? Emailed Schuyler, they said they have a 'pickup receipt' and will try and contact fedex. Not getting the warm fuzzies about this one at all. I've got alot of money sunk in this based off getting that builder set at an affordable price.

They said the barrel was supposed to go out today, so for everyone waiting on barrels, theres that. Not sure why they even bothered to ship them seperately?
View Quote

It should be there in a few weeks. My shipping notice came through today but I don't expect it to get to fedex until friday. Shipping is Schuylers only downfall.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
16 months in the making. I still have a long way to go to get it where I want it (bipod, scope, mount, maybe even a suppressor) but at least I finally have a functioning rifle.

Last August
<a href="http://s762.photobucket.com/user/ratjaw/media/308%20AR/image_zpsrdgzzjap.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/ratjaw/308%20AR/image_zpsrdgzzjap.jpeg</a>

Lots of parts collecting, mostly waiting for and jumping on sales
<a href="http://s762.photobucket.com/user/ratjaw/media/308%20AR/image_zpsde73dfpx.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/ratjaw/308%20AR/image_zpsde73dfpx.jpeg</a>

And finally a complete rifle
<a href="http://s762.photobucket.com/user/ratjaw/media/308%20AR/image_zps7wnkxw6b.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx270/ratjaw/308%20AR/image_zps7wnkxw6b.jpeg</a>

Aero receiver set, Rainier select 18", AP BCG and CH (plan to upgrade to a BCM 7.62 Gunfighter large latch), SLR 16" Solo hand guard, A2 stock with DPMS 308 rifle buffer and spring, 5 Brownells mags. Still waiting on my Surefire flash hider that's on back order, so I went with an AP bird cage while I wait. Can't wait to get to the range and try it out.
View Quote

let me know how those Brownells mags do
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 2:40:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Here is my M5 in .260 before I put the optics and muzzle brake on. It is an Odin works 15.5" keymod for now but I will be replacing it with a PRI 14" soon.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Got all my parts and my Aero M5 16" .308 build is almost complete.

First off... damn near EVERYTHING was tight and difficult, but not impossible, to put together... a good thing, this rifle is as solid as a rock. Fit of parts... smooth lines that blend together, could not be more pleased.

PARTS LIST, COST, SOURCE:

Schuyler Arms
Aero M5 Upper/Lower Combo (stripped upper) $205.00
M5 Upper Parts Kit $20.00
Aero Charging Handle $25.00
Aero Nickel Boron BCG $190.00
Aero M5 LPK $70.00
Aero M5 Mil Spec 6-pos Tube, Spring, Buffer Kit $ 55.00

SHIPPING $25.50

TOTAL $590.50

Aero Precision
.308 CMV 16" Mid-Length 1-10 twist $240.00
Gas Tube, Melonite $16.99
15% Black Friday Discount - $38.55

SHIPPING FREE

TOTAL $218.44

SLR Rifleworks
13" .308 SOLO Mid Series Key Mod $194.99
Sentry 7 Set Screw Premium Adjustable Gas Block $107.99

Florida Sales Tax $18.69
SHIPPING FREE

TOTAL $322.68

PRIVATE PURCHASE
MagPul STR stock $69.00
MBUIS REAR $35.00

J&B GUNS
MagPul Front BUIS and TRANSFER FEE ($25.00) $69.55

TOTAL BUILD $1,389.17

Function- using standard factory Federal 147gr FMJ, I fired a few rounds adjusting the gas block to get a damn near perfect 3:00 ejection. 100% feed and eject from MagPul 20-round mag. Magazine inserts easily and drops free, a plus. Out of about 25 rounds, during gas block adjusting, BCG failed to lock back three times... something I think I got tuned right as the final 3 round 1-shot bolt hold open tests were 100% successful. I'm extremely please with the zero feeding/ejecting performance.

Ergonomics- feels like a AR15... don't have a way to weigh it but it is lighter than expected, I mean really light. Nice cheek weld in-line with the BUIS when raised.

What's Left- I need to order a YHM Phantom OD Brake (ordered today + $60.00) so I can use my Phantom LT suppressor, the A2 isn't even indexed and is just serving as a thread protector for now. I need some rail covers, a light, and a sling (got one on EE +24.00). I'll need some more P-Mags for sure. Optics is the big question... what to do, what to do. I'm leaning towards making this a more SPR/DRM mid-range rifle vs. a QCB rifle... so I'm looking at something in the 1-4 or 1-6 power range in 30mm.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s639.photobucket.com/user/rellafrit/media/9736F10B-4594-47CB-A6D6-4FFEBA5DDA6A_zpsevxwznfp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu116/rellafrit/9736F10B-4594-47CB-A6D6-4FFEBA5DDA6A_zpsevxwznfp.jpg</a>

View Quote

That is one nice looking rifle. If Schuyler ever ships out the parts I might have a complete rifle.   What scope and bi-pod is that?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That is one nice looking rifle. If Schuyler ever ships out the parts I might have a complete rifle.   What scope and bi-pod is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s639.photobucket.com/user/rellafrit/media/9736F10B-4594-47CB-A6D6-4FFEBA5DDA6A_zpsevxwznfp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu116/rellafrit/9736F10B-4594-47CB-A6D6-4FFEBA5DDA6A_zpsevxwznfp.jpg</a>

Thanks! It's a swfa classic 1-4 and a Harris 6-9 sbrm. Both donors for now, need another bipod and haven't decided on glass.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your tracking still only say label created awaiting pickup or something like that
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Your tracking still only say label created awaiting pickup or something like that
View Quote

Same here. Just a label generated for a few days now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#44]
RANGE REPORT #2

Just got back from the range... this thing's a winner so far.

5 rounds to get the BUIS sighted in at 50 yards, each shot was a single shot to test bolt lock back, lock back was 100% using a 10-round PMag. Fired another 15 or so to check function. Gas block set on position #10 (max is 15 IIRC)... 3:00 to 3:30 ejection about 4' away (good and strong), no dings on the brass, a plus as I reload, 100% feed and ejection with factor and some reloads. I have a YHM brake coming to replace the untimed A2... it's just serving as a thread protector for now.

Hitting medium size steel sitting at 75 yards was easy as expected. I just need to settle on the optic... damn, can't decide.

Link Posted: 12/19/2015 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#45]
just as a heads up, my order from Schyuler just came in a few minutes ago.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#46]
He posted on facebook he dropped everything off on tuesday and they finally scanned it in on friday. He deleted the post on facebook about a moving sale. Very shady shit going on here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#47]
My BF barrel departed Tucson yesterday, should reach Honolulu today. Hopefully I'll be getting it sometime next week. Last piece to my build project.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

He posted on facebook he dropped everything off on tuesday and they finally scanned it in on friday. He deleted the post on facebook about a moving sale. Very shady shit going on here.
View Quote

Yeah it did seem a bit off to me too.  I'm on the fence about whether or not I'll order from them again.  If I do it will have to be for a screaming deal and one that I don't need imminently.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
ZQI 308 is 5" inch ammo at 100 out of my Rainier Match Select. It functions though.
View Quote

Really? I just picked up some ZQI 308 from AIM Surplus and I easily got <2" groups at 100 with my PWS. Had I not been in a hurry to sight in multiple rifles before loosing sunlight, I'm confident I could've shrunk those groups to about 1" or 1.5".

I will say this: I think the powder is a slow burning powder. ZQI is the only factory load I've found that won't run in my POF P308 14.5". It short strokes with the valve wide open. If I turn it down to the "suppressor" gas setting it doesn't cycle at all, acts like a single shot.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Just finished my first M5 build and function tested yesterday. Hope to get to the range early this week to sight it in. Great deals on Black Friday!

M5 Builder Set
Ballistic Advantage 20" Stainless
AP NiB Bolt

X5
Page / 82
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top