User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 82
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If y'all don't mind, how many of you can report a 100% satisfaction with the Aero M5? I'm in the process of building my third AR, and I've chosen to build a 308 using the M5 as the heart of it all. Having read this entire thread religiously, I've noted that more than a few have issues. I'm now feeling buyer's remorse and praying that my build goes without a hitch on it's first range trip.

Here's what I've ordered so far -

Aero M5 Stripped Upper, with dust port

Rainier Ultramatch 16" 308 barrel

Aero NiB BCG

Centurion 14" CMR, 308

I'm planning on ordering an SLR Sentry 7, BCM charging handle, and a Saker QD mount/Flash hider. This will complete my upper, and I'm planning on ordering a complete lower from Aero to avoid LPK and Buffer issues.

After reading this thread as well as other material on the web, I now have strong concerns that I've gambled my money on a build that may or may not be reliable. Is there anyone who has had 0 issues with an M5 build from day 1? anyone who had to troubleshoot but now has a rifle that runs 100%? The more issues I read, the more nervous it makes me. I need to hear some Aero M5 success stories to restore my faith. otherwise, I may simply return what I've bought and go back to the drawing board. I initially went with the M5 because of several satisfactory reviews, now I keep reading more and more to the contrary. Really hoping things turn out better than this.

View Quote

Since the specs on a .308 AR aren't as standardized as the AR-15 platform, pretty much everyone who buys parts from different manufacturers to build their own will run into a snag here or there.  Some are more easily overcome than others, but that's the nature of the beast when dealing with "Frankenguns" in general and .308 ARs in particular.  For example, there's a thread even longer than this one on the Mega MaTen receiver.  Both it and this thread provide answers as to what works with that particular platform.  So don't despair or have regrets, just take the knowledge you've gained in this thread and apply it to your build.  Whatever knowledge/experience you gain from your specific components, good or bad, pay if forward by sharing with the group.  Aero Precision makes good stuff.  Yes, they've had a couple of snags with components (the receivers themselves have been awesome) but they've handled them and supported their customers.  

I bought an Aero complete lower to go with my M5E1 stripped upper.  I usually assemble my own lowers, but learned from here that the takedown pins from other LPKs might be a little short.  So I made the decision (much like you're leaning towards) to go ahead and just buy the complete lower.  The only issue I ran into on my build was the shoulders on the BCG hitting the back lower receiver.  I swapped in one of Slash's heavy buffers...problem solved and mine has been GTG ever since.  So yeah, I was "out" the cost of a .308 carbine buffer.  But honestly, I was leaning towards Slash already because of things I'd read in several other threads on .308 ARs already.  

Oh, and when you get that bad boy built, be sure and throw up some pics!  

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Since the specs on a .308 AR aren't as standardized as the AR-15 platform, pretty much everyone who buys parts from different manufacturers to build their own will run into a snag here or there.  Some are more easily overcome than others, but that's the nature of the beast when dealing with "Frankenguns" in general and .308 ARs in particular.  For example, there's a thread even longer than this one on the Mega MaTen receiver.  Both it and this thread provide answers as to what works with that particular platform.  So don't despair or have regrets, just take the knowledge you've gained in this thread and apply it to your build.  Whatever knowledge/experience you gain from your specific components, good or bad, pay if forward by sharing with the group.  Aero Precision makes good stuff.  Yes, they've had a couple of snags with components (the receivers themselves have been awesome) but they've handled them and supported their customers.  

I bought an Aero complete lower to go with my M5E1 stripped upper.  I usually assemble my own lowers, but learned from here that the takedown pins from other LPKs might be a little short.  So I made the decision (much like you're leaning towards) to go ahead and just buy the complete lower.  The only issue I ran into on my build was the shoulders on the BCG hitting the back lower receiver.  I swapped in one of Slash's heavy buffers...problem solved and mine has been GTG ever since.  So yeah, I was "out" the cost of a .308 carbine buffer.  But honestly, I was leaning towards Slash already because of things I'd read in several other threads on .308 ARs already.  

Oh, and when you get that bad boy built, be sure and throw up some pics!  

View Quote

Thanks for the advice. I've learned plenty by reading this thread, and haven't lost faith yet. Upgrading the buffer and bolt catch seem to be worthwhile if not necessary, and hellbender's guide looks promising as well. Going to stay active in this thread throughout the remainder of my build!
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]

My aero m5 build. Aero upper/lower/bcg, rainier arms select 16in, slr handguard, jpscs, g2s
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 4:12:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I would have to say( and happily so) my build project is a success. Rifle runs great and no issues with accuracy. The only hiccup I had was a curious trigger reset problem. I ordered another DPMS lpk, swapped out the hammers and problem solved. I ordered a Geissele SD-C and a Larue MBT-2S fcg, both still on back order. The takedown and pivot pins on the DPMS lpk are too short for the M5 stripped upper I used but I wanted to build my lower using an 80% from JMT which fits like a glove. No problems with the CMMG 308 carbine buffer and action spring. I went with a AP bcg, the only problem I have with that unit is I cannot take out the cam pin because there is no clearance with the gas key. The BA barrel mates up cleanly with the AP. Since AP owns BA I was hoping the fit would be a non issue. The Wilson Combat adjustable gas block and Odin Works handguard were a breeze to install and they work great.
Maybe I got lucky that no real issues occurred, I'd like to think that there far more successful builds than not.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 4:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I've read through this thread and this is the first time I remember reading you can't remove the cam pin on the AP BCG.

Is this true? You cant remove the bolt for cleaning?

Did you turn the cam pin?

ETA: did some Internet searching and it appears there is some trick to it but you should be able to remove the cam pin. The clearance is very tight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Snip...
I went with a AP bcg, the only problem I have with that unit is I cannot take out the cam pin because there is no clearance with the gas key.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Snip...
I went with a AP bcg, the only problem I have with that unit is I cannot take out the cam pin because there is no clearance with the gas key.

Quoted:
I've read through this thread and this is the first time I remember reading you can't remove the cam pin on the AP BCG.

ETA: did some Internet searching and it appears there is some trick to it but you should be able to remove the cam pin. The clearance is very tight.

If the cam pin cannot be removed it means something is wrong. The cam pin is absolutely made to be removable and if it won't come out AP should be contacted. The AP (only one I have personal experience with) cam pin is not like the AR-15 cam pin in that it does not turn once installed. When assembling the bolt to the carrier simply insert the cam pin, then insert the firing pin and finally the cotter pin. Odds are if the cam pin has insufficient clearance to be removed the gas key is either out of spec (oversize) or installed wrong.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone successfully used a Phase 5 308 extended bolt release (not the bolt on)  with their M5 set up?
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If the cam pin cannot be removed it means something is wrong. The cam pin is absolutely made to be removable and if it won't come out AP should be contacted. The AP (only one I have personal experience with) cam pin is not like the AR-15 cam pin in that it does not turn once installed. When assembling the bolt to the carrier simply insert the cam pin, then insert the firing pin and finally the cotter pin. Odds are if the cam pin has insufficient clearance to be removed the gas key is either out of spec (oversize) or installed wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Snip...

Quoted:

Thanks, exactly what I thought, contacted Schuyler awhile back about the problem with no response. Guess I'll try AP and see what they say.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Has anyone successfully used a Phase 5 308 extended bolt release (not the bolt on)  with their M5 set up?
View Quote

Yep.  Works fine on my M5 in 260.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the AP NIB bolt/carrier and the cam pin removes easily.  Same process as a .223 carrier.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine up and running today finally, will post build specs and pics soon. For those of you with SLR adjustable gas blocks, how many clicks open are you running? Trying to decide if my gas block is lined up or not. First time with an adjustable gas block, started closed, functioned and adjusted all the way to Bolt lock back on last round and it was about 8 clicks open. Is this about right? 20" barrel, rifle length gas.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Just starting a M5E1 cerakoted OD Green, one of the special runs they just did. Anyways so far all I have is the builders set (upper, lower, hand guard) and a 20" Mega Arms barrel,  medium contour, rifle length gas. Planned parts list is a follows.
Fulton armory Titan lower parts kit and buffer
OD Green UBR
Sprinco Orange buffer spring
LaRue OD Green Pistol grip ( can anyone comment as to how this compares with magpuls OD?)
SLR adjustable gas block
BCM Charging Handle
45 degree offset irons (undecided brand)
BCG( undecided)
Muzzle device  and optic also undecided
LaRue MBT
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got mine up and running today finally, will post build specs and pics soon. For those of you with SLR adjustable gas blocks, how many clicks open are you running? Trying to decide if my gas block is lined up or not. First time with an adjustable gas block, started closed, functioned and adjusted all the way to Bolt lock back on last round and it was about 8 clicks open. Is this about right? 20" barrel, rifle length gas.
View Quote

I am 8 clicks out from having the screw all thee way in on my SLR block.  I also have the 20" barrel and Rifle length gas system.  I only have about 50 rounds through it so I need to shoot more. It is still hard to pull the bolt back with the charging handle after lockup. It is a Criterion barrel and an Aero NIB bolt.  I believe the NIB coating on the bolt maybe makes the fit a little snug.  I watched lockup as best I can and everything lines up properly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I am 8 clicks out from having the screw all thee way in on my SLR block.  I also have the 20" barrel and Rifle length gas system.  I only have about 50 rounds through it so I need to shoot more. It is still hard to pull the bolt back with the charging handle after lockup. It is a Criterion barrel and an Aero NIB bolt.  I believe the NIB coating on the bolt maybe makes the fit a little snug.  I watched lockup as best I can and everything lines up properly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like ours are very similar. Gas systems sure sound like they are in sync. Where were yours ejecting? And ammo I shot was just a load I used in a M1A I threw together as a base point with 168 Amaxes, only doing about 2500 FPS so I'm gonna go up from there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Ejection is anywhere from 230-4:30 and about 6'-8'.  Ammo was old unmarked shit that I had laying around.  Some 150's and 165's.  These Criterion barrels sure clean up quickly.  Screwing the gas screw all the way in is closed right? Or all the way open?  I didn't pay attention when I started.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#16]
[Jump To Reply]Quoted:

Quoted:
Snip...

Quoted:

Is the bolt pushed all the way to the rear in the carrier?  If not that would put it in line with the gas block.

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ejection is anywhere from 230-4:30 and about 6'-8'.  Ammo was old unmarked shit that I had laying around.  Some 150's and 165's.  These Criterion barrels sure clean up quickly.  Screwing the gas screw all the way in is closed right? Or all the way open?  I didn't pay attention when I started.
View Quote

Yes, all the way in is closed.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I will see if I can close it off a few more clicks.  It was cold and getting dark when I went back out the third time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, I'm still having a bit of an issue. I pulled off the 2nd O-ring on the extractor (so as to not overtension it). I've been having an issue where I believe it is undergassed. I put my suppressor on it and it cycled better but not great. Ejection is fine, bolt just does not cycle far enough back to grab another round, or it does but it doesn't set it in (and then I have a huge dent on the brass of the new round near the shoulder; on the main portion.

Parts:
BA Barrel 16"/midlength
M5 upper/lower/lpk
Random gas block/tube
AIMSurplus Nitrided BCG
Aero Precision buffer tube/weight kit

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well, I'm still having a bit of an issue. I pulled off the 2nd O-ring on the extractor (so as to not overtension it). I've been having an issue where I believe it is undergassed. I put my suppressor on it and it cycled better but not great. Ejection is fine, bolt just does not cycle far enough back to grab another round, or it does but it doesn't set it in (and then I have a huge dent on the brass of the new round near the shoulder; on the main portion.

Parts:
BA Barrel 16"/midlength
M5 upper/lower/lpk
Random gas block/tube
AIMSurplus Nitrided BCG

Any suggestions?
View Quote

Lighter buffer maybe?

ETA:  I couldn't find a previous post explaining your issues other than what's quoted above, but you are using either:  A 308 length buffer tube w/standard buffer OR A standard buffer tube w/308 length buffer, correct?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Parts:
BA Barrel 16"/midlength
M5 upper/lower/lpk
Random gas block/tube
AIMSurplus Nitrided BCG

Any suggestions?
View Quote

I'm have the exact same issues with my newest build. Only parts difference is 18" barrel, AP BCG and carbine length spring and spikes heavy buffer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

My M5E1 308.  Had it for a year now close to 500 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 3:50:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Guys, I'm stepping out for a bit.

This girl is up for sale on the EE under AR10 gear.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/001WTS/20160127_123739_zpsuat1ycxf.jpg
View Quote

Great looking rifle. Almost as nice as that Mod0 upper.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/stone762/84306B4D-BABC-4FAA-A187-F40157C085EC.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac145/stone762/84306B4D-BABC-4FAA-A187-F40157C085EC.jpg

Awesome,  thank you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/akratz/001WTS/20160127_123739_zpsuat1ycxf.jpg
View Quote

why is that?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:11:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

why is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why is that?

Got my eye on an LMT MWS 308
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#28]
For those having an issue with the forward assist you can see the one on the right the prawl has less off a curve that one doesn't work.  Aero Precision was super helpful and sent me a new on which is on the left.   The new one on the left works great with kaks dual ejector bcg.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For those having an issue with the forward assist you can see the one on the right the prawl has less off a curve that one doesn't work.  Aero Precision was super helpful and sent me a new on which is on the left.   The new one on the left works great with kaks dual ejector bcg.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae59/redwoodm4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsusdartji.jpeg
View Quote

Mines the same way, how did you get a replacement? I've sent several emails and never get a response.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I just called them during regular business hours.
Excellent customer service
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone shot the aero 6.5 creedmoor upper yet?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:48:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone shot the aero 6.5 creedmoor upper yet?
View Quote

I'm doing my best to start ordering parts but can't decide between 308 and 6.5. I already have a 308 bolt gun tho so damn. I will be getting a BA barrel though whatever I get.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Ya, instead of building I was planning on just buying a 6.5 creed upper and complete lower. Will swap out gas block trigger and muzzle device when I get it.

I going to dump a custom bolt gun and want to make sure the accuracy is acceptable. Just trying to free up some money, since there really isn't anyplace to shoot long-range down here.

Figure either the 18" 6.5 or 16" 308.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#34]
They use BA barrels. Alot of folks on here seem to like them and BA guarantees 1 moa with match ammo.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Great question.  I've post a couple of times in various subforums, but basically my #1 preference is to build a KAC SR-25 style rifle.  Looking for a KAC SR-25  Free Float RAS rail or similar, A2 stock,  But I can't find out if either the real KAC Full Length SR-25 Free Floating R.A.S. Forend (KAC P/N: 98513) will fit or if there are alternatives that are similar.  Nor if the real one will fit.  Pic of the style (not clone) I'd like to build below.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/NukeThemTillTheyGlow/AR/kacsr25-1_zpsqgtkjdnp.jpg

Option #2 is probably either the AP M5 M-Lok or SLR or something similar.  I like the quad rail look and I guess AP doesn't have that yet for 308.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting closer to having all of the parts for my AP M5 build.  So need to focus on tools.  I have everything for upper/lower AR15 builds, but what do I need specifically for the M5?  Upper receiver block.  Lower receiver block.  Barrel wrench (I have a Gem State, so I think I just need to get the DPMS adapter).  What are you using?

What handguard are you using?

Great question.  I've post a couple of times in various subforums, but basically my #1 preference is to build a KAC SR-25 style rifle.  Looking for a KAC SR-25  Free Float RAS rail or similar, A2 stock,  But I can't find out if either the real KAC Full Length SR-25 Free Floating R.A.S. Forend (KAC P/N: 98513) will fit or if there are alternatives that are similar.  Nor if the real one will fit.  Pic of the style (not clone) I'd like to build below.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/NukeThemTillTheyGlow/AR/kacsr25-1_zpsqgtkjdnp.jpg

Option #2 is probably either the AP M5 M-Lok or SLR or something similar.  I like the quad rail look and I guess AP doesn't have that yet for 308.

Looking to confirm that the KAC Full Length SR-25 Free Floating R.A.S. Forend (KAC P/N: 98513) will fit on a Aero Precision M5 upper?  Do I need some special nut?  I also can get access to a SR-25 MK11 Mod 0 barrel and gas block, will it fit in a AP M5?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Are the IMI mags from Aim GTG? Function good?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm one of those special left handed people... Anyone know if a Troy ambi magazine catch will work with an M5 lower?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#38]
So my M5 build (for sale I might whore out by the way) never had the factory fire control group in it. I went straight to a Geiselle.

Anyway, I put the factory trigger in it, and I will be damned if Aero Precision doesn't make the nicest factory single stage I've ever felt. It's a very "bright" and "light" break. The perceived weight is truthfully less than an ALG Defense ACT.

Good stuff, Aero!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#39]
I've had one installed since the initial build of my rifle. Which goes back to when the receiver sets were first made available by Aero.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So my M5 build (for sale I might whore out by the way) never had the factory fire control group in it. I went straight to a Geiselle.

Anyway, I put the factory trigger in it, and I will be damned if Aero Precision doesn't make the nicest factory single stage I've ever felt. It's a very "bright" and "light" break. The perceived weight is truthfully less than an ALG Defense ACT.

Good stuff, Aero!
View Quote

I did the same and went straight to an SSA-E.  Before swapping them out I played with the stock trigger and was impressed.  Definitely the nicest stock trigger I have felt.  
I have a couple of M4 gen 2 lowers on the way and will definitely put that trigger to use.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Just got my replacement lower back, reassembled, and test fired today. I had an issue with the magazines staying in the rifle... Aero replaced the lower with no hassle what so ever. My previous lower apparently had a mag well spec issue of some sorts.

Fired 22 rounds, almost all 1-shot tests to work the mag catch and bolt catch... 100% from the get go on a setting of 7 with the SLR gas black. Tried factory Federal FMJ and hand loads (FMJ with AA2520) and was quite pleased. All magazines functioned 100%, 10-round Magpul, 20-round Magpul, and 20-round DPMS.

I do seem to be having a reoccurring finish issue though near the end of the Ballistic Advantage barrel, almost looks like rust but I don't think it is... will keep an eye on it... can always paint or coat it so it's a non issue really.

Can't wait to scope this one and see how well it shoots. Like the poster above, my other Aero build has a factory LPK and the trigger was a PLEASANT SUPRISE as it is quite smooth for a standard FCG.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just got my replacement lower back, reassembled, and test fired today. I had an issue with the magazines staying in the rifle... Aero replaced the lower with no hassle what so ever. My previous lower apparently had a mag well spec issue of some sorts.

Fired 22 rounds, almost all 1-shot tests to work the mag catch and bolt catch... 100% from the get go on a setting of 7 with the SLR gas black. Tried factory Federal FMJ and hand loads (FMJ with AA2520) and was quite pleased. All magazines functioned 100%, 10-round Magpul, 20-round Magpul, and 20-round DPMS.

I do seem to be having a reoccurring finish issue though near the end of the Ballistic Advantage barrel, almost looks like rust but I don't think it is... will keep an eye on it... can always paint or coat it so it's a non issue really.

Can't wait to scope this one and see how well it shoots. Like the poster above, my other Aero build has a factory LPK and the trigger was a PLEASANT SUPRISE as it is quite smooth for a standard FCG.

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/poxZAyhgj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/924/xZAyhg.jpg</a>

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/poD0vdw3j" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/924/D0vdw3.jpg</a>
View Quote

so how does a replacement lower work? Do you have to pay to transfer it again?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ship them your lower, they send new lower directly to you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep... no problem at all. Aero even sent a UPS pre paid label to cover return shipping. The day mine got there a replacement was outbound.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#45]
ATF is cool with this? The lower swap?

I assume so, but dang that's awesome. I'm just curious how the back end of it works.

Is it the same serial number or different?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I assume so, but dang that's awesome. I'm just curious how the back end of it works.

View Quote

They have no choice.  Different, they log it is a replacement.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:18:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone know if a Aero M5 upper will function with a PWS Mk2 lower?  I am assuming that since they are DPMS pattern there should be no issue function-wise, but I was hoping someone has some hands-on experience before buying one of their 6.5 CM uppers
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:42:28 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

A manufacture can send you a complete replacement firearm with new SN without going through a FFL so long as it is an exact replacement.

INCORRECT INFO.  Replacement must go to FFL, but no 4473 is requried see:  https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/how-would-licensee-record-disposition-replacement-firearm-licensee%E2%80%99s-records

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:52:42 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm one part closer on my build. Ordered a 15" aero M lock handguard from Schyuler. After shopping around I couldn't find something similar for anywhere close to the same price. Now I just need a barrel, gas tube, adjustable gas block and a Griffin Armament suppressor mount.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:13:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A manufacture can send you a complete replacement firearm with new SN without going through a FFL so long as it is an exact replacement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Did not know that.

By manufacturer, do you mean any entity with an FFL07?
Page / 82
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top