User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for the new link Inspector Gadget.hat
Mine still doesn't say Hong Kong or anyplace the like. Not saying it shouldn't. To avoid copyright infringement it should. And I'm not saying it is of equal quality as the real one. But it IS GOOD quality for the price. I have yet seen any of you post up a comparison and pics of a real one and a clone to justify the price difference. So you can't say it it's NOT as good. Your just putting it down, because like your computer it's made in china. Almost seems racist....
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Really?  Maybe this is an indication.  cgi.ebay.com/3X-MAG-Magnifier-w-Twist-Mount-for-Aimpoint-and-Eotech_W0QQitemZ180208694715QQihZ008QQcategoryZ31714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh and the feed back on this product seems very good!

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Really?  Maybe this is an indication.  cgi.ebay.com/3X-MAG-Magnifier-w-Twist-Mount-for-Aimpoint-and-Eotech_W0QQitemZ180208694715QQihZ008QQcategoryZ31714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh and the feed back on this product seems very good!

Thanks again!

Thank you for making my point!  That one is from "HONG KONG, HONG KONG" as well.  Hong Kong is in China.

Yes, that guy's feed back on shipping time is awesome!!!!  What that has to do with the MIL-STD testing I'm not quite sure.............

You are welcome!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Order placed!

I'll let you know in a week.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#5]
haha...wow...this thread makes me laugh

Would I buy one, yup.  A magnifier is a low tech piece of optical gear, and besides I'm not doing anything other than shooing paper.  The people who get their panties up in a bunch are ....

A.) Gear snobs/queers that must have the name brand and gloat about it

B.) Real world operators or LEO who need the real deal because of the quality and durability (not couch commandos or your SHTF neighborhood watch)

C.) People who don't understand the capitalistic nature of US society and business

D.) this usually goes along with C.  Somewhat racist

would I buy a clonepoint, cleotech, or facog, I'd consider it...but I'd rather get the real thing since I feel the quality of the Aimpoint is worth the value as is the ACOG and the Eotech.  Not to mention the price difference for the clones of the aimpoint and eotech isn't really that much considering all the added advantages you get with it.  Now if I wanted it for a kids 10/22 I'd probably get one then because kids can be careless at times (hell some adults are too ).  Why give them a high priced optic they might break/abuse when you can give them a cheap clone that will work for their needs, lead down range.

Call me a Chinese commie supporter for not bashing them and not only buying US made products....I'm half Chinese anyways.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
haha...wow...this thread makes me laugh

Would I buy one, yup.  A magnifier is a low tech piece of optical gear, and besides I'm not doing anything other than shooing paper.  The people who get their panties up in a bunch are ....

A.) Gear snobs/queers that must have the name brand and gloat about it

B.) Real world operators or LEO who need the real deal because of the quality and durability (not couch commandos or your SHTF neighborhood watch)

C.) People who don't understand the capitalistic nature of US society and business

D.) this usually goes along with C.  Somewhat racist

would I buy a clonepoint, cleotech, or facog, I'd consider it...but I'd rather get the real thing since I feel the quality of the Aimpoint is worth the value as is the ACOG and the Eotech.  Not to mention the price difference for the clones of the aimpoint and eotech isn't really that much considering all the added advantages you get with it.  Now if I wanted it for a kids 10/22 I'd probably get one then because kids can be careless at times (hell some adults are too ).  Why give them a high priced optic they might break/abuse when you can give them a cheap clone that will work for their needs, lead down range.

Call me a Chinese commie supporter for not bashing them and not only buying US made products....I'm half Chinese anyways.

lol thats funny, but its true.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I got one the other day. Put it on my 6.8 SPC upper behind a bushnell red dot. It lined up perfectly. The mount isn't the greatest quality, but I can pull it off and use it as a monocule. That way I don't have to move my gun around in the hunting shack, nor point my gun to see what something is.

It works, HOWEVER:

-I've found I have to put my eye too close to be able to get the fulll field of view. It hits my sunglasses.

-It also DOES fog up. The hunting shack was about 75*, and outside was 0*.... Needless to say, when I got out, it was fog city.

Hell, I'm not sure it was worth the $100. I can't imagine paying $500 for an aimpoint one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
My Oakly's Fog up too when I go outside from an aircondtioned room. the outside fog isn't bad unless it fogs on the inside. Then that means water has gotten in the scope.

I just think there would be less negative talk about them if they were made in Texas by a guy named Petey.. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/lvgood/Smileys/anim_shock.gif

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/lvgood/Smileys/2cents.gif
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My Oakly's Fog up too when I go outside from an aircondtioned room. the outside fog isn't bad unless it fogs on the inside. Then that means water has gotten in the scope.

I just think there would be less negative talk about them if they were made in Texas by a guy named Petey.. i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/lvgood/Smileys/anim_shock.gif

i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/lvgood/Smileys/2cents.gif

I agree, the fog only matters if its inside the maginifer, not on the out side of the lens.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#11]
What I've learned so far from this thread:

1: They are not a bad deal for $100 bucks or less.

2: They are not military tested.

3. Some people on the board just hate the Chinese.

4: If they are listed on E-bay as location: Hong Kong. Then it’s a sure sign that they are not made in Texas by a guy named Petey!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/lvgood/Smileys/anim_nutkick.gif
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#12]

I just think there would be less negative talk about them if they were made in Texas by a guy named Petey..

Sad but true.  This wouldn't be such a debate if that were the case.  

All in all, I think for the price, you get what you pay for.  They may not be mill tested, but they are worth every penny I spent for it.  

With any other optic I think its a different story.  I've seen and held some ACOG clones at a gun show and when I looked through them I could see that the reticule was tilted and not centered inside the scope, and they were $300!  

But how well does the 3x clones quality and price compare to the real deal.  Is the #400 difference legit? I think not.

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#13]
They are available on ebay for $51 (buy it now) with a s&h charge of $20.  Just have to look.

And you can save a few dollars more if you look at the ones priced in AU dollars.  With the conversion it comes out to like $43 for the mag and $23 for shipping.

For $70...  I would try one.  Just for shits and giggles.  Hell of a long way from $500.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They are available on ebay for $51 (buy it now) with a s&h charge of $20.  Just have to look.

And you can save a few dollars more if you look at the ones priced in AU dollars.  With the conversion it comes out to like $43 for the mag and $23 for shipping.

For $70...  I would try one.  Just for shits and giggles.  Hell of a long way from $500.

Can you IM me a link?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread delivers!
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 1:53:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I really do take great pride in my M4gery. I only buy products that are in my eyes heavy duty. Now does that mean that every part is top buck, nope. I rather have 3 rifles than one stupid expensive one. I had no problem dropping 600 bucks on my comp m3 and mount. But i can't bite off 700 for a mag, i will buy a nice scope for that price. But if i can increase my accuracy for a 100 bucks, i'll sure do it. And if i really do need my rifle for SHTF, well i can still hit someone at 300m without a mag, so its still fine. I just ordered one of these. Look forward to geting it.

PS, i just bought a 3x mag, and 600 bullets (500 fmg hornandys and 100 ballistic tip) for 150 bucks. Sounds like alot of fun to me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I think there would be a lot less negative talk if they were made by a company with enough pride to put their own name on it.

The tragedy of counterfeit (not clone) optics is when the parent of a professional gets duped into buying a product for their child going into harms way that may or may not hold up to the rigors of real world use.

The problem with counterfeit optics is not the quality or durability but the fact people are willing to steal, yes steal the trust of the consumer by falsely representing what the goods are.

Not everyone has the capacity to come to ARFCOM and find out what the facts are.  Many people, believe it or not have no idea who we are.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
The tragedy of counterfeit (not clone) optics is when the parent of a professional gets duped into buying a product for their child going into harms way that may or may not hold up to the rigors of real world use.

The problem with counterfeit optics is not the quality or durability but the fact people are willing to steal, yes steal the trust of the consumer by falsely representing what the goods are.

Not everyone has the capacity to come to ARFCOM and find out what the facts are.  Many people, believe it or not have no idea who we are.

I agree with you on this note. I have been to the Gunshows and seen vendors selling clones as real aimpoints at half the money as a real aimpoint. All in the name of; "I'll make you a Deal!"  I don't mind buying a clone at a clone price, as long as I know it's a clone. But Copyright Infrindgement really bugs me. I have seen on some of the Airsoft websites that they will remove the fake logos at your request for a small fee. I guess they are aware of the isssue too.

Link Posted: 1/24/2008 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with you on this note. I have been to the Gunshows and seen vendors selling clones as real aimpoints at half the money as a real aimpoint. All in the name of; "I'll make you a Deal!"  I don't mind buying a clone at a clone price, as long as I know it's a clone. But Copyright Infrindgement really bugs me. I have seen on some of the Airsoft websites that they will remove the fake logos at your request for a small fee. I guess they are aware of the isssue too.

It's a buyer beware market.....

that and a lo of people in the US especially refuse to take full responsibility for their actions a lot of the time.  It's not their fault they were duped into buying a fake because the vendor sold it to them as the real deal...nooo....it's not like 15min on the internet would have told them how to identify a fake and possible problems it may have.  I can give other examples outside of this topic but in the interest of this not getting turned into a GD thread I'll keep them to myself.  If you're really curious them IM me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Its deffantly a buyer bewere market! I was shafted on a box of Cuban cigars once. My own stupidity. Now I buy good Dominicans. If your unsure of the seller and the product, then buy from one of the sponsors or a reputable shop. There's been more than one guy shafted here on the board with a fake. I buy my clones from clone dealers, and my real stuff from the sponsors. Sometimes its puzzeling though that often I can get stuff shipped from China faster than here on the East Coast!?.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#21]
See the problem i have is the Aimpoint Magnifer is WAY OVER PRICED. You can buy a GOOD optic for the money they are selling a Magnifer for. Im going to buy the Clone, I cant see it being that much worse than the real thing. Now i would never buy an Aimpoint, Acog, or an Eotech clone b/c thats an Aiming device and thats alot different. If the magnifer breaks ill throw it away, I can buy 5 for the price of one Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine works just fine. The mount COULD be a little better as it has a little play in the locked position, but other than that it's great for the price.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Mine works just fine. The mount COULD be a little better as it has a little play in the locked position, but other than that it's great for the price.

Im going to put mine in a Larue Mount. For the same price as an Aimpoint Magnifer you can buy 3 clones and a Larue Mount.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I was just on egay checking these out.  anywhere from20 to 55 dollars shipping.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#25]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Im going to put mine in a Larue Mount. For the same price as an Aimpoint Magnifer you can buy 3 clones and a Larue Mount.

I plan on getting a pair of LaRue mounts myself.

Link Posted: 1/24/2008 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#26]
They got a new 3x eotech magnifier replica now. http://www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/viewProduct.action?productID=23499

Now I had the the old 3x aimpoint magnifier replica on a larue fts mount. Let me tell you it's  overkill to spend $150 on a mount for a 50 dollar magnifier. I found the eye relief to be pretty bad but use able. In the end I ended up selling it. If it had a better eye relief I woulda considered keeping it. It's fine for a range gun though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Pics
Link Posted: 1/25/2008 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Thought this was a nice option for you guys that dont already have a primary optic and a magnifyer.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=326527

www.bigrivertactical.com/catalog/item/4193480/4454996.htm

It's 1-4x24 magnification. And the price is affordable. My Buddy in Afghanistan wanted to order them for his team while he was at the Pentagon before he deployed. He showed me a Smidt and Bender and it was Sweet. But those run near $3000.00 These are similar and a hell of alot cheaper. $249.99

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/lvgood/Millett1-4xa.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/lvgood/100_0587.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/lvgood/14.jpg

I may go this rout in a few months for my next build.
It makes since to go with one optic as oppossed to two.

dAvE
Link Posted: 1/25/2008 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Is Ebay the only place around to purchase the Aimpoint 3x magnifiers(exactly like the one pictured in the center of page one)?

Does someone have a non-Eaby or WWW link for the Aimpoint 3x magnifier, not Eotech but Aimpoint.  The one that comes in the Aimpoint box and says Aimpoint on the side.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2008 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I think thats the only one. I bought one from the other link. The price was less and they didnt say Aimpoint on them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Any more reviews on these things?  I'm pretty interested in getting one.

I know this has been beaten to death, but I feel (and I think many agree) that buying a fake EOtech/Aimpoint/Whatever-Scope is a bad plan because they may tend to lose zero quite easily, or the reticle is hard to see, or even because on the NcStar-type scopes the glass is garbage at higher magnification.  This little magnifier is different in that it doesn't even do any of these things.  There is no reticle to break.  It has nothing to zero.  Even the cheapest of scopes looks quite clear at 3x (Seriously, I have a 44$ Bushnell 3x9 on a .22 and at 3x it is as crystal clear as anything).  All this thing needs to do is sit there and magnify (at least in my case) a real EOtech which holds zero quite effectively.
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I picked one up online from ebay, the only down side was that the mount provided wasn't high enough because i had a GG&G cantilever mount for my red dot, so i had to buy a YHM riser. To tell you the truth, the magnifier worked really well. it was not crappy construction or anything. Saving the money by getting a knock off isn't as bad as if u did it with like a trijicon sight. with the magnifiers, its just a monocular, nothing special
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm still waiting on mine. It should be here Mon. or Tues. I already got the riser from Mounts plus. I ordered the riser the same day.
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#34]
This is funny.

I am in business management at college right now.  Several quarters back we were going over the Wal Mart style of business.  Everything you buy at Wal Mart comes from China. (well almost everything)  You may not know this but Wal Mart became Rubermades largest buyer.  When Rubermade could not keep up with the demands from Wal Mart, Wal Mart walked away from them.  It almost ruined Rubermade.  They almost failed as a company.

Everybody that deals with Wal Mart had to move over to China to take advantage of the lower cost of labor.  This is why there are no domestic electronics manufacturers.  Thompson Electronics was the last of the domestic TV / Electronics makers in the US of A.  Last I heard they went under.  Any way, that is business.  You have to be able to produce a quality product at a low price point or you can't compete in the market place.  

This is the problem we are having with domestic automanfacturers.  The Unions drive up the cost to do business, and that cost is built into the price of the product.  So in turn you can buy a better foreign made car than domestic made car for the same price.  In order to compete Ford and GM have to move some or most of their labor over seas to take advantage of lower labor costs.  As it is now, even domestic cars and trucks are actually more foriegn made than domestic.  It is like 70% or 80% of a domestic car or truck is made over seas.  I laugh because a study we did found that Honda and Toyota cars and trucks are actually more domestic than Ford or GM.

All of this aside,  my point is this....  I remember those little gold colored tags that said Made in Japan from back in the 70's and 80's.  Japan stuff use to be substandard, and now it is top of the line.  In some cases it is better than our stuff.  I think that is what is going to happen with China.  They are growing, and becoming a first world country.

So all of this cheap China made Airsoft crap might not be so cheap after all.  They are trying to break into our markets.  Their technology is getting better.

I hate China.  I think we are about to go to war with Russia and China.  That being said, I would buy one of these clones.  I think EO Tech, Aimpoint, and all of the other "Tactical" companies are over pricing their products.  A little price war never hurt any one.  Capitalism is global, we as a country need to be able to compete in foriegn markets.  So quite crying about the clones.

Post Script;  We need to inforce Copy Right infringment, but other than that it is all fair game.
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I agree.

I just ordered a Millet Scope. But I've already been told that it was DESIGNED in USA, but the scopes are made in China....

Copy Right infringment is where I draw the line. Some of the Clones are almost as good as the name brand, but putting the other guys logo on your product is MAJOR B.S. and I won't buy something like that. They should take better pride in there product and put there own name on it. Like the Rolox I bought in NY!
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought the riser for the chinese 3X mount. The aluminum is so soft if you lightly kit the riser against the mount the mount scratches but the spacer is fine even though they are both made of the same stuff. Goes to show the importance of quality materials. I will use the mount until it breaks and get a larue.
Overall is a nice 3X but this mount isnt going to last and puts the 3X off to one side more then the other behind my eotech.
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 3:49:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#38]
) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top