Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I'd LOVE is an A1 with quick release leavers instead of the protruding screws.
Bill

Me too?

If just the rear sight without the carry handle will do, LaRue makes one with a lever.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=29

Link Posted: 11/21/2010 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#3]

I do too, but those guys were asking about levers.

Link Posted: 11/21/2010 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have 3 of the A1 Carry Handles and really like them.
The plastic nuts included with the handle from CNC Guns are garbage, so you need to replace them with real steel carry handle nuts.

I used A2 apertures with the A1 components.  
The one I have on my 9mm has the XS same plane aperture since I don't need the range changing aperture..

+1 - Except for the nuts, the CNC Guns carry handle is good kit.  I put same plane apertures on mine because I rarely get an opportunity to shoot past 200.

Quoted:
What I'd LOVE is an A1 with quick release leavers instead of the protruding screws.

Yea, a Larue made A1 carry handle would be the heat.

I am a big fan of the DD A1.5 fixed rear BUIS.  It is on the gun for which I bought the CNC Guns unit.  It's tough enough and super light.

Link Posted: 11/21/2010 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#5]
How do you adjust the A1 for different elevations?
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

A1 rear sights don't have an elevation adjustment.

Link Posted: 11/21/2010 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The front sight is adjustable for elevation.  The rear sight has short and long range apertures.

Link Posted: 11/21/2010 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#8]
So you are only good for the 50-200 range?
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are cool. It would be great chopped off like the LMT BUIS.

I remember years ago he made an A1 BUIS, I bought one but it had no crossbolt. So, confidence was not too high and I sold it before I used it.

IMO that's exactly what this is. The similar design grabbed my attention.

Yep those are great except the are using the same aperture the use on their flip sights.

The small aperture has the bevel you can see in the pic. It is very distracting as it produces glare.

The bevel is there for fold down clearance with the flip sight.

Are you listening Troy Industries?

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Are you going to engage targets out much farther past that with a battle carbine?
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you going to engage targets out much farther past that with a battle carbine?

Plenty of people have, but they weren't making adjustments while doing it.  It becomes a matter of knowing your hold over and leading your threat.

This.

Plus before that with a 50yard zero you're good from 0 to about 300yards.

-Ray

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless all hell breaks loose, I'm done engaging targets. Just curious as to the limitations of the A1. At this point, I like my A2 with the RIBZ for range use. I can still set it at 50 yard setting for the same zero as the A1.
I'd like to change my 11.5" KISS over to an A1 upper receiver.
Anyone like to trade uppers?

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a steal on a bushmaster A2 handle.

I will still get one of the A1 handles here after the holidays.

Is this the best way to zero the A2 sights?

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got a steal on a bushmaster A2 handle.

I will still get one of the A1 handles here after the holidays.

Is this the best way to zero the A2 sights?

For A2s I would go with Molon's RIBZ: Revised Improved Battlesight Zero

-Ray

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#16]
http://ultimak.com/ARST.htm

this worked for me

JCS
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of people have, but they weren't making adjustments while doing it.  It becomes a matter of knowing your hold over and leading your threat.

+1 - IIRC the farthest pop-up targets on the qualification range were at 300 meters when the Army issued the A1, and they weren;t too hard to knock down.  The rear sigh elevation adjustments were added for the Marines.  The Canadians and others who use the Diemaco/Colt Canada products seem to do fine without them...

Link Posted: 11/22/2010 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good ol' Kentucky Windage......well....sort of.

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#19]
My offer to sell my extra never-used CNC A1 carry handle still stands.  Email me at:  [email protected]

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Free plug for cncguns.

The quality of the Detachable A1 rear sights I have is flawless, truly aerospace grade work.

Gotta get me at least one of those A1D carry handles too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Just put the sights on my CNC A1 handle last night.  I see why he sells them without the sights installed.  Was a PITA until I got it done.  Think I can do one ina few minutes now!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top