Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never had a problem with the website. What was it tring to installed?

GVS

Dunno - I killed it as soon as it started asking for my Windows CD to continue installation.

probably language pack.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have order stuff from them in the past, never had a problem. They ship air mail.

GVS
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never had a problem with the website. What was it tring to installed?

GVS

Dunno - I killed it as soon as it started asking for my Windows CD to continue installation.

probably language pack.

I just tried it again, and it's not a language pack - it tries to force an Office install which is classic hijack behavior.  Sorry, I don't need to see what's there that badly.

Link Posted: 1/18/2010 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
For some reason, I have the sneaking suspicion this IDF M16 type is going to be my next build if I could just finish my 653/C7 mishmash. I should really focus on a flattop carbine with bells and whistles but I keep coming to the retro forum.

eta: to add a round A2 handguard on an A1 barrel, what do you need to do? Maybe I should just build a C7?
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For some reason, I have the sneaking suspicion this IDF M16 type is going to be my next build if I could just finish my 653/C7 mishmash. I should really focus on a flattop carbine with bells and whistles but I keep coming to the retro forum.

eta: to add a round A2 handguard on an A1 barrel, what do you need to do? Maybe I should just build a C7?

Handguards. A1 and A2 handguards fit the same.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not exactly...

A1 hand guards only fit on the triangle hand guard cap...but te A2 hand guards fit on BOTH the triangle AND ROUND handguard caps.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not exactly...

A1 hand guards only fit on the triangle hand guard cap...but te A2 hand guards fit on BOTH the triangle AND ROUND handguard caps.

Try it some time, the A2 handguards ONLY work with the triangular handguard cap.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the most beautiful AR's I've laid eyes on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Missed this the first time.  AWESOME.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not exactly...

Try it some time, the A2 handguards ONLY work with the triangular handguard cap.

you are right... the A2s dont fit the carbine round caps...but I thought there where some larger diameter round caps that were used on rifles at some point. oh well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top