Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 12:01:09 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a very nice looking rifle.  That's the exact setup I ordered-- 16" with the 13.2" HG.  I was deciding between this from LaRue or a 14.5" carbine from LMT (MRP).  I am very eagerly waiting for my LaRue handle

Link Posted: 7/28/2008 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Mark, Do you guys produce any 1/7 twist barrels? Is there any reason you guys went with a 1/8 twist over a 1/7 twist?
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know the answer?
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
All we supply are 1/8 twist barrels.

And, they're oh so accurate.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess I'm wondering why 1/8 twist and not 1/7
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]
mfingar, I'm wanting a 12" upper and can't make up my mind as to what length rails to get.  In your vast collection of pics do you have any profile views of the 12" barrel with 9 and 10" rails?  Looking for actual rifles and not the illustrations.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's a very nice looking rifle.  That's the exact setup I ordered-- 16" with the 13.2" HG.  I was deciding between this from LaRue or a 14.5" carbine from LMT (MRP).  I am very eagerly waiting for my LaRue

Does it handle well for CQB?  I am a little worried about it being a touch long and heavy in that situation, but I figured it gave me good flexibility to handle both long and short range.

To be honest I haven't even shot it yet.  I too was deciding between a MRP and SSSS and have no interest in a MRP anymore.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 3:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's a very nice looking rifle.  That's the exact setup I ordered-- 16" with the 13.2" HG.  I was deciding between this from LaRue or a 14.5" carbine from LMT (MRP).  I am very eagerly waiting for my LaRue

Does it handle well for CQB?  I am a little worried about it being a touch long and heavy in that situation, but I figured it gave me good flexibility to handle both long and short range.

Its alittle front heavy, yours probably more so because of the long handguards
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Its alittle front heavy, yours probably more so because of the long handguards

Thanks-- I pretty much figured that would be the case.  In the long run, I think this is going to be more of a long-range rig for me, and I'll pick up a carbine upper down the road for close range.
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
The second the payment on my credit card clears, I'm ordering an upper and everything that goes on it!!

I just can't decide which length rail to get on the 16" barrel.  11 or 10.  It's eating me up    
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Mark,

I just got my 20" SSS upper.  What I didn't see prior to ordering is the thing about being optimized for rifle lower.  Will I have problems running the 20" on my LMT carbine lower?  I run a 16" Midlength on it now and it runs like a Singer Sewing Machine.  Anything I need to do different on the setup?
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Is there recommended ammo for the uppers?  I know a lot of 22 uppers are extremely picky.
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Haven't had a chance to shoot my Stealth 16 yet but the quality is freakin outstanding and it bolted up to my RRA lower like Fort Knox. Have also the Larue folding front and rear  sights along with an Aimpoint Comp ML3 on a LT-129 mount.
Just haven't had time to get to the range, construction season in Alaska and winter's on the way....mo' later
Midlength
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I have the Ion Bond Stealth upper. I used it during a five day course. I put about 2,000 rounds through it during the course. The gun was very accurate and performed flawlessly without a hick up. I had only one jam due to a brass being bent. The instructors had never heard of Larue uppers only the rail systems they had. They loved the rifle when they tried it out. While sighting in the rifle they were impressed with the groupings that it was putting out. They figured something was up with the rifle.  One of the sniper instructors was impressed the rifle since it was so accurate. The rifle was on the heavy side which was their and my complaint but to have that accuracy you have to sacrifice a little something. I use the rifle for duty now.  I’ll post pictures in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/24/2008 5:15:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 6:03:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Going to be placing my order today!  Talked to hubby and he says, order it up!

18" with the 13.2,  probably order some troy BUIS and a Aimpoint 3x with mount to go with my M3.

Need a new trigger.. but not sure which one I'm after.

Any input,  really between like a Geis, timney, RRA...  Thinking I want to go Two stage.

Great looking upper!  Can't wait to shoot it!
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone know the current wait time?  We are taking a trip out west and would like to have the upper by the time we go?
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Anyone know the current wait time?  We are taking a trip out west and would like to have the upper by the time we go?

Call them...they are a really upfront company....
You will never look back...get one...:-)
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Order made!   18" with the 13.2" Guard.

I ordered a few other things too....  total came close to $2800

Typical woman compulsive online shopper.. LOL

Link Posted: 8/29/2008 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#25]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Order made!   18" with the 13.2" Guard.

I ordered a few other things too....  total came close to $2800

Typical woman compulsive online shopper.. LOL

You and the Governor ... shootin' it up.

"Gov. Palin running a carbine"

hat
HHhhmm...  I need a video of me shooting that stealth upper ASAP to go along...  Get that thing in the mail already!!

(ordering the lower tomorrow, what's the wait on those?)
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Here ya go.

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/deltasniper04/DutyM4008.jpg
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/deltasniper04/DutyM4007.jpg
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/deltasniper04/DutyM4004.jpg

Oh just out of curiosity Mfingar still got SOPMOD posters need one for ideas. Enjoy guys.

Did the rifle get banged around alot? I ask because you got some exposed gas block which isnt pinned(unless you did get it pinned). I didnt feel comfortable exposing the gas block for fear it could get knocked loose or something so I got the 11" rails
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#27]
height=8
Quoted:
(ordering the lower tomorrow, what's the wait on those?)

Damn FFL didn't get the fax off before the weekend.... hafta wait until Tuesday now...
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I know getting a bit from the topic, but anyone suggest a parts kit to put into the larue lower?

EDIT:

Lower ordered,  it's gonna be a beautiful thing.   Will get pics up ASAP.  Can't want to take a can of Krylon to it.. LOL
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#29]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Here ya go.

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/deltasniper04/DutyM4008.jpg
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/deltasniper04/DutyM4007.jpg
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/deltasniper04/DutyM4004.jpg

Oh just out of curiosity Mfingar still got SOPMOD posters need one for ideas. Enjoy guys.

Did the rifle get banged around alot? I ask because you got some exposed gas block which isnt pinned(unless you did get it pinned). I didnt feel comfortable exposing the gas block for fear it could get knocked loose or something so I got the 11" rails

Ya its pinned. I've been through a carbine course and the rifle has seen a few room entrys where i've hit it against something but nothing that would make me worry. Damn those people with crap laying all over the place. Sometimes when I sling the rifle and move around the barrel will get nicked by crap. That's the thing with a viking sling. When you put it on and put it on your back you can't really go through a door without having it on the side which is a pain because sometimes I need both hands. I had it covered with the 13 inch rail when I first got it but I wanted to cut down on railing so I went to this configuration. I'm confident in the gun it's been through its paces and passed with flying colors.
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#30]
JUST ORDERED MY SSSS IN A 16" BBL AND 11" RAIL. MAN I CANT WAIT FOR IT TO COME IN BY BBT. I FEEL LIKE A KID ON CHRISTMAS EVE......----JOSH
Link Posted: 9/8/2008 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Ordered an 18" with the 13.2" rail today.  I was told I was going to have to wait about a week and a half for it.  The agony!!!  
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#32]
YES ...THE AGONY....ANYONE HAVE INFO ON SHIP DATES?
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#33]
16" 12.0 rail....love it!

Link Posted: 9/11/2008 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#34]
WHICH LOWERS ARE YOU USING ON THOSE RIFLES....STILL STUCK BETWEEN A RRA OR THE LA RUE BILLET FOR MY WHEN I GET IT.?
Link Posted: 9/19/2008 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Received my 18" with the 13.2" FF rail on Wednesday, spent Thursday out of town on work, so I put some rounds through it today.  I mated it with a LMT Defender lower with a two stage trigger.  The LaRue is awesome!  I sighted it with iron sights as was soon putting rounds in a man sized target at 200m with Federal brown box XM193.  I must admit I bought this for the wife as a SPR-forgery for distance shooting.  I am very happy with my LaRue upper.

I may have to reneg on my promise to make it "her" rifle!
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone know if I put a A2 stock lowere on a 16inch upper will I have any issues?
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Just ordered up my 16" Stealth w/11" handguard, 10 PMAGS, L/T padded sling and front & rear Troy sight combo...

The only downside was being told that delivery is about one month out....

What kit are you guys using on Larue's billet lower?  I am not decided on whether to go that route, or simply slapping on a LMT lower.

Life is good...
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Just ordered up my 16" Stealth w/11" handguard, 10 PMAGS, L/T padded sling and front & rear Troy sight combo...

The only downside was being told that delivery is about one month out....

What kit are you guys using on Larue's billet lower?  I am not decided on whether to go that route, or simply slapping on a LMT lower.

Life is good...

Sweet! I ordered the 16" w/11" guard and an lt-104 scope mount last Friday. The mount and goodies came today. (Thanks Larue!) I live a few miles from them, so maybe I'll get lucky and the upper will come soon as well. I'm mounting mine on one of the consecutive serial numbered stag lowers I have. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Sweet! I ordered the 16" w/11" guard and an lt-104 scope mount last Friday. The mount and goodies came today. (Thanks Larue!) I live a few miles from them, so maybe I'll get lucky and the upper will come soon as well. I'm mounting mine on one of the consecutive serial numbered stag lowers I have. I can't wait.

Awesome, congratulations!  Let me know once you receive your upper, okay?  I can't sleep at night just thinking about how sweet this build is going to shoot...

What kind of optic are you planning on mounting?  I can't decide if it is going to be a scope or an EoTech.  What's your take?

- BORG
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Awesome, congratulations!  Let me know once you receive your upper, okay?  I can't sleep at night just thinking about how sweet this build is going to shoot...

What kind of optic are you planning on mounting?  I can't decide if it is going to be a scope or an EoTech.  What's your take?

- BORG

Sure, I'll give you a shout when I see it. Please do the same.

I'll be shooting mine mostly from a bench (or prone, etc.) @ 100 - 200yds. At least for now. I'm going to use a scope. I figure something along the lines of a 4x12x40mm should do. I still haven't zeroed in on make or model yet, but I will be purchasing something in the next few days. so many choices!

Be sure and post some picks when you get it assembled!
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#41]
These look great, guys!

Mark, are you planning to do any 14.5 inch pinned versions of the Stealth upper?  That's my flavor of choice, and I'd be considering something along those lines to keep my Noveske Afghan company :)
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Sure, I'll give you a shout when I see it. Please do the same.

I'll be shooting mine mostly from a bench (or prone, etc.) @ 100 - 200yds. At least for now. I'm going to use a scope. I figure something along the lines of a 4x12x40mm should do. I still haven't zeroed in on make or model yet, but I will be purchasing something in the next few days. so many choices!

Be sure and post some picks when you get it assembled!

Roger that.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#43]
I am this close to making my choice and buying the SSSS w/ a 10" handguard.  After reading through this thread some have noted the weight of this barrel.  I can't find any actual specs so does anyone know what the actual difference is between this and an M4 barrel?

Also, looking for info on the Ion Bond.  Did LaRue apply this for you?  What was the cost?

It's going to be a sweet rifle, even if I have to wait 6-8weeks to get it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:07:33 AM EDT
[#44]
I have been planning an AR just for medium to long range hog hunting and was thinking about using one of RRA varmint uppers, or building an upper myself.

Now I am salivating over the LaRue Stealth.  And being from deep in the heart of the Great State of Texas I am already very partial to LaRue.

Should I just go LaRue & forget about RRA or building myself?  (I would install on a RRA lower)
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top