User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the interests! I am working on it and will strive to make it availabe ASAP.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Please keep us informed
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for the interests! I am working on it and will strive to make it availabe ASAP.

Great - I'd really like a 7.62 upper but concerns about magazines keep me away.

Link Posted: 2/19/2012 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
UPDATE?!!?!?!!?
Link Posted: 2/19/2012 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Longziz I applaud your efforts. If you can offer a working 7.62x39 mag and a 5.45x39 mag, you will be a hero in the industry. None of the other mag manufacturers seem to be able to tackle this task. Not sure why they have ignored this gaping hole that needs filling. The market has been begging for reliable mags in these two calibers for awhile now but the pleading seems to fall on deaf ears. Again thank you for sharing your innovation.
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How about people quit worrying about other random loads and lets get the 7.62x39 into production first. Once he's revolutionized the industry, then we can worry about pistol rounds.

What's the status on this? I really want a 7.62, but this is kind of what I'm waiting for.

I'm with you man!

If the current follower he made will run 5.56  and self adjust to run the tapered 7.62x39, it shouldn't have any problem running any other rifle cartridge in the AR15.

I wouldn't worry about pistol cartridges!

If you can get what you currently have into production, you won't be able to make them fast enough to keep up with demand!

I love my X39 AR and it runs flawlessly with  C Products/ASC  30 rnd mags, but I would love  being able to use standard mags to run 20+ rnds of 7.62x39 without using the long goofy looking ASC mags.
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for your attention, and sorry if I have to leave you guys waiting for a short while. What you have seen is a three years long project presented in a nut shell, with most of the time that I couldn't do a thing. I am working to change this situation so I can bring more stuff out for you. I will try my best to live up to your expectation.

I will update you if there is anything good enough to be updated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank you all for your attention, and sorry if I have to leave you guys waiting for a short while. What you have seen is a three years long project presented in a nut shell, with most of the time that I couldn't do a thing. I am working to change this situation so I can bring more stuff out for you. I will try my best to live up to your expectation.

I will update you if there is anything good enough to be updated. Thanks!

If you haven't noticed we are an impatient bunch...
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you haven't noticed we are an impatient bunch...

I hear you man! I can relate to that since I was like that myself. However, sometime people have to pay respect to those who are running a business, cause it is not easy.

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I just don't see why this can't just be patented and then let someone like magpul or another company, like PSA or a manufacturer handle the rest.

I have a friend with a patented "drum brush/stick" and he receives a check every so often for just holding the patent. No supply issues to deal with.

Is it more complicated, because of citizenship or something? I'm guessing there's way more to it than I know, but the market won't last forever. Have to strike while the irons hot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just don't see why this can't just be patented and then let someone like magpul or another company, like PSA or a manufacturer handle the rest.

I have a friend with a patented "drum brush/stick" and he receives a check every so often for just holding the patent. No supply issues to deal with.

Is it more complicated, because of citizenship or something? I'm guessing there's way more to it than I know, but the market won't last forever. Have to strike while the irons hot.

Because you make less money when you do that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool design.  I myself am not much into the 7.62 caliber phase yet....it may come with time.  I do however like the 'Longziz #1' design.  A bullpup that can take Pmags.  I just think that is plain awesome.

B62stew
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Longziz,

I know it is asking a lot.... But based on your own WAG, when do you think you may have your product available for sale?  I'm really excited about the possibilities it can bring to the industry.... And I selfishly want it too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Stay on top of your patent process Ironically I just signed the final paperwork tonight and it took 2 years because i did not stay on top of it. My Patent is construction related.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 4:34:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Guys, I don't want to give you any false expectation by offering a possible date, but I will say that I will work my ass off to get it to that stag. Thanks and stay tune.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
usmc0331tamu00, thank you very much for your offer, you are so kind. However, no offense, but I am not sending out the prototype for test. A face to face range time with my friend is the only way I am looking for. Since the time is really limited, I am not pushing it anymore. As one of the member suggest, I may buy a 6.8 and 6.5 upper myself. It's a good excuse to enter into this caliber now.

The only reason I am holding off on a 6.8SPC /6.5 grendel is because of magazine problems––- I want a mag w/ at least a 25 round capacity w/o feeding problems. I prey to god that your invention works.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Just did a crude mod on the mag shell with my friend in Chicago over the webcam. Now longziz #2 can take 30 rounds of 223 rem and do a dry run cycle of a full mag without a jam, and then switch to 7.62X39 and still takes 24 rounds. The crude mod is temporary so there are still some small kinks that my friend and I have to work out. But this concept proved definitely works. Now I am waiting the 6.5 and 6.8 upper to do another video.

Stay tuned!
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#18]
As promised, here is the video that showing the mag first take 223REM, 28 rounds (my friend must be miscalculate the total when he put it in, the mag can take 30+ 223), fired them; then load with 7.62X39 with the same mag, fired them, without a jam for either cycle. This proved the concept to a point. Now I am waiting for the 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC upper that are on order. If you are still not convinced, stay tuned, there's more to come!

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Can't wait to see the 6.5. Great idea.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Man, if you get us any more aroused, you'll have to move this thread over to the BOTD!
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 2:56:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Man, if you get us any more aroused, you'll have to move this thread over to the BOTD!

I didn't know the video could have this side effect. . Just curious, what is BOTD?
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm all over this!!!! Do you have a estimated time of arrival for its distribution?!?! I want to order as many as I can get my hands on!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know the video could have this side effect. . Just curious, what is BOTD?

BOTD = Babe of the Day

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_1/142_Babe_Of_The_Day.html
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 3:35:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOTD = Babe of the Day

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_1/142_Babe_Of_The_Day.html

Thanks! Now I know what I have missed!
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As promised, here is the video that showing the mag first take 223REM, 28 rounds (my friend must be miscalculate the total when he put it in, the mag can take 30+ 223), fired them; then load with 7.62X39 with the same mag, fired them, without a jam for either cycle. This proved the concept to a point. Now I am waiting for the 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC upper that are on order. If you are still not convinced, stay tuned, there's more to come!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbRGzNjqijM&context=C4f0d59dADvjVQa1PpcFOBsPvWk1pZnUUX1BM1CD-NW5_G-qO4ky8=

Excellent! I wish you success in your venture.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I have wanted a 6.8 SPC for a long time but living in a ban state and being limited to (10) round mags really has prevented me from doing so.

I do not know if it is possible but if there is a way to convert standard AR mags to be used with 6.8 SPC I am all in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Very impressive, keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#28]
The only thing I keep thinking, is that seeing the 7.62x39 is gaining more popularity lately..... It won't be long until someone else figures out how to do what this guy has done and produce it first. It ain't rocket science and he could miss the boat. I hope he can get this together and out ASAP. Id hate to see him miss out on his genius idea.  

Plus asc mags are impossible to find right now. Even more reason for people to find a similar solution, like utilizing existing mags.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Any new developements with this design and developement of the mags ?
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I am designing the production version of the mag right now. I want to apply all the knowledge and lessen learned from this forum and try to come up a good balance to satisfy all users. After all, I claim my design is an universal one, so I can't intensionally leave out anyone. The bar is high.

Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds good, I presume that the main design/redesign is the follower of the magazine...or is it the complete magazine redesign ?

In either event I wish you quick success...
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I hope it works out, but with the different tapers a case diameters, I can see a universal body being a problem that your follower won't be able to completely overcome.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hope it works out, but with the different tapers a case diameters, I can see a universal body being a problem that your follower won't be able to completely overcome.

I'm with this guy. You can try all your life and you'll never have a truly universal design. Best to stick with a few niche calibers and cater to them. There's simply too many different calibers to try to have a single solution to each one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Shoot for stuff that is common - 5.56/7.62/6.8/6.5/300 Black etc.

Forget the idiotic .357/.44/30-30 shit.

Get something mainstream worked out. Once you have a fully functional follower that works, patent it and start selling it. Once you get capital coming in then indulge some fool's pipe dream about making a follower that works with both a .50 caliber round, .38 special, and nail gun blanks.

Too many people come up with a solid idea, have a product that works, and then go bankrupt trying to make it do something unobtainable before marketing anything.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Aren't the varying tapers automatically adjusted to by the follower, or did I miss something?
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#36]
How is the follower going to compensate for stacked width variations?
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I took a close look between the ASC AR-15 Magazine for the 7.62x39mm and a standard Mil Spec 5.56x45mm  type Magazine w/ anti-tilt follower
and the differences were apparent in the following areas only:

*The follower design was different...

*The feedlipps were shorter and wider...

*The front and rear "legs" were a bit shorter...

Other than the differences noted above, everthing seemed equal to the .223/5.56mm magazines...
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

True! I never said it is done with follower alone though.

Link Posted: 5/25/2012 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Good point.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 8:52:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Just wanted to say I have seen your other threads and you are going to go places.   It may not be weapon related but eventually you will find some company that recognizes your potential and will compensate you well for your skills.   good luck bud.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Any new updates ?
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Unfortunately nothing new yet, but I promise progress in this year.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I really want a 7.62x39 AR mag.  Can't wait for your design.  The heck with the other calibers.  This seems to be the money maker!
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Still nothing to report for the project, but I do get good news. Looks like I am coming back this year, hopefully for good.
Link Posted: 9/30/2012 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Still nothing to report for the project, but I do get good news. Looks like I am coming back this year, hopefully for good.

You leave Germany? Verdammt! (<- Damned!)

Link Posted: 9/30/2012 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You leave Germany? Verdammt! (<- Damned!)

Chris,

Don't get me wrong. I love this country, but I just can't do a damn thing here.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Another right before the Thanksgiving, now I am back to the land of free. Thanks the Lord for granting me my wishes, and now I will carry his will to the extreme.

For my friends at the ARFCOM, if you have ever intrigued by what I can offer, you haven't seen anything from me yet.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top