Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Since the critical mating/ engagement  surfaces are cut/ ground after coating the FCG, not sure how it would pan out after blasting the original coating off and applying the new. IMO, it will FUBAR a completely good trigger.
View Quote

Still waiting to here how this trigger worked out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since the critical mating/ engagement  surfaces are cut/ ground after coating the FCG, not sure how it would pan out after blasting the original coating off and applying the new. IMO, it will FUBAR a completely good trigger.

Sorry for that late reply!

It works amazingly!! I greased the contact points and it is SUPER slick!! Especially with the NiB pins. I actually had the standard Trigger spring and a red JP hammer spring, and it felt too light for me. I put both standard springs on and still feels amazing. I can't emphasize how smooth it is. I can't imagine what a yellow trigger and hammer spring would feel like!

Every part of my AR that helps with firing a round off is NiB coated. the gun is really slick! Even the gas block is NiB. Some people here say I don't need it. But I love it!
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Update!

I just got back from the range shooting it. It worked great! I loved the SLR adjustable gas block. I got it dialed in and the casings eject at 4 o clock position rather than 2 o clock with my rock river carbine.

Some things I noted:

The tubb flat wire CS spring actually cause the problem it was supposed to prevent. Shooting it felt really springy. It might sound weird, but I actually felt back and forth spring motions the whole time the gun cycled. It almost felt like more recoil. Going back to my Spikes SS buffer spring!

It shot really smoothly and felt great! The trigger is incredibly smooth. The carbon wipes right off anywhere it is NiB coated, which is basically any part that helps in cycling a round.

More pics soon!
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzpNvpCb3q0

There is a video of me demoing the awesome SLR Rifle Works DA7 NiB gas block.

As you can see from the video, I have taken the riser off the light/laser and found a way so it will sit closer to the gun and is more streamlined.

I have also moved the AFG back to a comfortable position and to where and can grab the Alpha rail in front and behind it.

I am holding it the way I do in the vid to "limp wrist" the gun to get the gas block setup right.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top