Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

My Simple Camo Project, The Tan looks great, the OD Green was a little bit shiny

In this one, who makes that furniture, or did you paint that yourself?
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have you tried Duracoats Colt Gray finish and if so how was the color match?

I do have some Duracoat, but never tried it, you have to mix two components, and then it takes a week or so to cure, just don't have time for that kinda thing.  Plus, it is not thermal setting, which means it will not hold up to harsh chemicals.  Mark AKA gunplumber has forgotten more then I will ever enough about finishing guns and he addresses Duracoat in this thread:

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105072

Thanks for the Falfiles link!

Norrells Grayish/Black looks like the ticket for me as I don't like the way Gunkote goes on either (too many darn coats!).
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]
How much Norrells do you think it would take to refinish a Smith & Wesson model 411 40 cal . I saw on their website that they offer 8 once supply also . I want to do the frame in OD and the slide in black , also do I need to remove the bluing on the slide as prep work ?
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]

How much Norrells do you think it would take to refinish a Smith & Wesson model 411 40 cal . I saw on their website that they offer 8 once supply also . I want to do the frame in OD and the slide in black , also do I need to remove the bluing on the slide as prep work ?

With the 8 ounce bottle, you can probably do 8-10 handguns.  As far as prep work goes, You should be able to just degrease, and spray.  If you want the best adhesion, you will want to blast all of your parts using 70-90 grit aluminum oxide.
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img140.exs.cx/img140/1183/camoaru5lh.jpg
My Simple Camo Project, The Tan looks great, the OD Green was a little bit shiny

In this one, who makes that furniture, or did you paint that yourself?

They are from Bushmaster, But I have noticed some places where the camo has flaked off a little. I saw a set on E-Bay the other day, I don't know what it went for?? But you can order them from Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 4/12/2005 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
After getting a CDNN A1 upper  and  LAR lower, I ordered some Colt grey Duracoat. Soon as it arrived I new it wasn't a match even tho I truly do suffer a bit of color blindness for similar shades. But I relied on the wifes opinion, who said if its not a perfect match its very close. So off to the garage I go, and guess what, just like I thought. But, it is a better  match than the original black anodizing on the lower. Guess I could do the upper also, but  good enough for now.

It appears to me the upper is much more green than grey, maybe from years of storage caked in cosmo.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top