BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
well I guess i am just going to stick to lancers.

no way id pay 130 for something 20.00 does just as well.

and by the looks of it you still put that piece of crap stop piece so they wont work in all lowers.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. My BumpSAW's just have Spikes Melonited tubes.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Snip
Do you have a V7 Extreme Environment Gas Tube?
No. My BumpSAW's just have Spikes Melonited tubes.    

The V7 should be a crazy big improvement in that role.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I like Lancers... But Lancers don't give you 61 rounds straight without stopping.

and by the looks of it you still put that piece of crap stop piece so they wont work in all lowers.

That overinsertion stop serves a purpose. I like having it. The only lowers I have had any issue with are my friends billet lowers... Which is why I stick with GI forgings to start with.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I will wait and see if these come down before I buy.  I agree the 40 rounders are better for the price
View Quote

that's a lot of 30 or 40 round mags you can get for that price.
Not worth it
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This....^^^^^^

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MP says on their web site that they are shipping to dealers and distributors, so don't get your panties in a bunch just yet over price.  I see MP stuff pretty steeply discounted from some dealers all the time so by the time these things hit the retail dealers they are apt to be substantially less than the $130 MSRP.  THEN we can talk price.

I have enough drum magazines for 5.56.  I've never had a problem with my Beta-C mags so I sure don't need another, but if this one held .458 SOCOM I'd be all over it like a duck on a June bug for no other reason than 'just because.'  However, from the looks of it and the narrow coils I highly doubt it will take anything bigger than 5.56, so it is a non-starter for me too, but for totally different reasons than price.
And before someone mentions the MWG mag, I don't care a lick for them.

This....^^^^^^

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
screw you all... i live in Ca..  =(
View Quote

maybe someone will make a 50 round limiter that is compatible with it ;)
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:03:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm still waiting for these things to be "In-Stock" somewhere!
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a call from my buddy that works at the lgs, they received 2. The owner was keeping one, and I bought the other. Im sure glad I do business with those guys when stuff like this comes out.
7.5in Wilson Combat SS in 300BLK with AAC 7.62-SDN-6, VLTOR MUR receiver, DPMS lower/bcg/charging handle/buffer tube, FORTIS rail (love it) fenixgear pd35UE light, CMC 2.5lbs flat trigger, Viking Tactics titanium vert grip, and of course Magpul D60 drum. Ps forgive the bedsheet background :)
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just ordered one from Rainier Arms last night for $131 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANKS! Just ordered one for myself. Only 3 left in stock...
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I got 2 in. I haven't taken it to the range yet but I will be returning one of them. While it is very cool to shoot 60 rounds, it's a pain to load compared to standard mags. It's not compatible with a speedloader or benchloader.  You have to awkwardly pull a lever while feeding one round at a time. If it's a pain to take it to the range I couldn't practice with it enough to deem it reliable for self defense.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got back from taking my D60 to the range. Sorry to say the first 3 rounds failed to feed. After pulling the charging handle I could feel the round moving slower than normal on the first two rounds from a closed bolt. My rifle runs just fine using pmag gen 2 & 3. I ran a gen 3 pmag and it worked perfectly. Leaving the bolt open and inserting the d60  I then hit the bolt release and it failed once more.
I will say the next 57 rounds felt very rewarding.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I just got back from taking my D60 to the range. Sorry to say the first 3 rounds failed to feed. After pulling the charging handle I could feel the round moving slower than normal on the first two rounds from a closed bolt. My rifle runs just fine using pmag gen 2 & 3. I ran a gen 3 pmag and it worked perfectly. Leaving the bolt open and inserting the d60  I then hit the bolt release and it failed once more.

View Quote
Check your spring length and make sure it's still in spec. I've experienced similar issues with worn springs approaching the end of their life when using fully loaded mil issue magazines.

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got 2 in. I haven't taken it to the range yet but I will be returning one of them. While it is very cool to shoot 60 rounds, it's a pain to load compared to standard mags. It's not compatible with a speedloader or benchloader.  You have to awkwardly pull a lever while feeding one round at a time. If it's a pain to take it to the range I couldn't practice with it enough to deem it reliable for self defense.
View Quote

That's not awkward, consider it manual dexterity drills.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The D60 uses a coil spring like used in clocks, as such there is no "spring length" as with regular magazines.

Not too sure what this issue would be but our customer service would be happy to troubleshoot the issue if it continues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check your spring length and make sure it's still in spec. I've experienced similar issues with worn springs approaching the end of their life when using fully loaded mil issue magazines.  

The D60 uses a coil spring like used in clocks, as such there is no "spring length" as with regular magazines.

Not too sure what this issue would be but our customer service would be happy to troubleshoot the issue if it continues.

I was referring to his buffer spring. If it's struggling with the first few rounds out of the magazine it may be at the end of it's service life.

I should have been more specific.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's not awkward, consider it manual dexterity drills.
View Quote

I still manage to load it, I just don't like loading it. I'm left handed. Maybe the lever is backwards for me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was referring to his buffer spring. If it's struggling with the first few rounds out of the magazine it may be at the end of it's service life.  

I should have been more specific.
View Quote

I got what you meant from the first mention. It's a new rifle and I had problems with it in the very beginning during the first several mags.
Could it be a heavy buffer vs standard buffer problem?
Also the fix for my AR in the beginning was to lube it heavy. A couple drops at each point (like what the youtube comandos recommend) and smearing it in didn't help. I had to apply ribbons of lube and smear around for reliability. Since liberal lube application it's run flawless except for the D60. It may not be Magpul's fault, but it isn't nearly as perfect as their 30 round mags in my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 2:20:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm surprised how small these mags are... They practically fit in the palm of the hand.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#21]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top