BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 12
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ll take this if still available:

#6 Red Mccloud CAR pistol brace with lever (no hardware, milspec diameter, fully finished and sanded)$50 + shipping
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Ill take one of the braces if still available
#1 N1 style pistol brace with lever (no hardware, milspec diameter, flat black painted) $50 + shipping
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d be down for a N1 if there’s any still available
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello All,
I figured I would post this here before The Equipment Exchange as I know a bunch of you following this want one. Hopefully the Mods will understand?

I have an awesome Flat Black painted Red McCloud Retro Blade, along with an old 2 position tube, a NOS Colt old style castle nut, and a used Colt plate.

The two position tube is an old PWA preban, which fits the blade GREAT! NO WOBBLE!I just do not need this anymore, and figured I would let someone else use it up!

SOLD TO Bsims423 $69.00 Shipped Priority Mail, first one who claims it and IMs me "I will take it" gets it (Paypal FF, Cash App, USPS Money Order)

Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ll take it

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hello All,
I figured I would post this here before The Equipment Exchange as I know a bunch of you following this want one. Hopefully the Mods will understand?

I have an awesome Flat Black painted Red McCloud Retro Blade, along with an old 2 position tube, a NOS Colt old style castle nut, and a used Colt plate.

The two position tube is an old PWA preban, which fits the blade GREAT! NO WOBBLE!I just do not need this anymore, and figured I would let someone else use it up!

$69.00 Shipped Priority Mail, first one who claims it and IMs me "I will take it" gets it (Paypal FF, Cash App, USPS Money Order)

https://i.ibb.co/rFJ4gsx/022-F6-C87-79-D6-480-F-8789-511-A6-D2-D3907.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/gTS9qLC/3-D7-E80-B5-19-E8-4-B9-A-9-D65-D3-B688492329.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/HNFKGXC/D6-B17-E0-A-5172-4178-BA03-029-B7-E90-BBEA.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/NN9Y6Sh/8-FB3-E876-452-E-4088-A7-F2-6342059-BF972.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/s9YzMYQ/99-F14-C86-456-A-46-C8-9061-3-C37-BB717768.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/jGwXkct/81-BB7-AA2-F117-4-ED5-9-B7-A-E89-D38-DE63-D2.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/vPhTxps/74-D095-B5-7-AAB-42-B6-936-D-C5-B8055-E9496.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’d be down for a N1 if there’s any still available
View Quote

I've got one left, I sent you a message.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
All sold out
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Is anyone doing an M4 version?
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I messaged you to get in line. They look great!

Quoted:

I will keep churning out the milspec N1 braces moving forward, shoot me a message or email if anybody wants one hardware not included.  $50 each plus shipping and I ship the same day with tracking via USPS.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was one person a few pages back but I think that was just a one-off for his own use. There are also 3d print files available on the internet but some of the dimensions look slightly off to me. I would love a M4 waffle stock matching all dimensions except a thin blade where the shoulder part is.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There was one person a few pages back but I think that was just a one-off for his own use. There are also 3d print files available on the internet but some of the dimensions look slightly off to me. I would love a M4 waffle stock matching all dimensions except a thin blade where the shoulder part is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thinking about modeling up something.

I think this would be a good item to print on the HP Multi-Jet https://www8.hp.com/us/en/printers/3d-printers/products/multi-jet-technology.html
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I will keep churning out the milspec N1 braces moving forward, shoot me a message or email if anybody wants one hardware not included.  $50 each plus shipping and I ship the same day with tracking via USPS.  

View Quote

Are you still offering the N1 style? If so how do I get on the list and what are your payment options. I don't have paypal or that sort of stuff. I'm a tech dummy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thinking about modeling up something.

I think this would be a good item to print on the HP Multi-Jet https://www8.hp.com/us/en/printers/3d-printers/products/multi-jet-technology.html
View Quote

Keep us posted...
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Any thoughts about building a 607 looking pistol brace.  I know it would only look that way from the side, but I think several people would be interested.  It would revitalize the people wanting to build 607 model looking pistols, just a thought.

04ZREX
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any thoughts about building a 607 looking pistol brace.  I know it would only look that way from the side, but I think several people would be interested.  It would revitalize the people wanting to build 607 model looking pistols, just a thought.

04ZREX
View Quote

I think if you re-read the thread, you'll find your answers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In the last thread some guy modified an old commercial-spec stock to resemble the Shockwave Blade but it was quickly determined that was a no-no as it was intended to be a stock from the factory.
View Quote

Do you have a link for this? I only ask because what an end user does with a product that's not regulated (like a receiver) is not the business of the manufacturer. Barrel makers make short barrels all the time for use on pistols or SBRs, just state "all NFA rules apply". Hell, for that matter, I can buy a 16" barrel and cut it to 12.5" and it's now a pistol or SBR barrel. Why is a stock any different if you remove the rear texture and all the flat "shoulder thing that goes up" part?
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Doesn't look like there's much chance of getting these, guess I'll have to break down & get a couple more blades.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Been quiet in here a few days

How goes the development of the braces? I sadly don’t have the time or skill for one of these.
Any info on getting a CAR, M4, or even a SOPMOD for a MK18 clone?
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Been quiet in here a few days

How goes the development of the braces? I sadly don’t have the time or skill for one of these.
Any info on getting a CAR, M4, or even a SOPMOD for a MK18 clone?
View Quote

I’m still fiddling with my own braces, trying to ship out what I can during this pandemic, and as for the others, I do wish them luck on their projects.
Otherwise not much else on the news front of things.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Are there standards that must be adhered to when creating a brace?  Dimensions, area, etc?  

I'd like to print one of these, but I don't want to get into hot water making something that I'm using my own definition of what a brace is.

edit: changed my verbage.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I was having problems with the N1 Pistol Braces I designed. The hot August temps were not agreeing with some of them and they were deforming during shipping.

I went back to the drawing board, so to speak, and figured out how to print them in PETG which is much more heat resistant than PLA. It was a learning curve to be sure and I am still trying to figure out how to print them on the Ender 3 but my Maker Select Plus is doing a great job since I rebuilt it.

So far no problems have been reported.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks good!

Where are you getting your hardware from?
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looks good!

Where are you getting your hardware from?
View Quote

I got everything but the lever from here, and a lever (with free stock body ) from here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#25]
@19Charlie_84
Sent you an email
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#26]
OST
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#27]
My first prototype finished last night. I'm waiting on hardware so I can size the through hole correctly, and I need to see why the slicer cut through a piece of the pitifully.  Then I need to try it on petg.

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess red quit making these?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote

Besides the ATF looking to make braces illegal?  I know it's "only" the honey badger one right now, but if you think they'll stop there you're fooling yourself.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:32:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, still making them and shipping them out on an irregular basis. Life has been chaos and my Boxer had health issues so that’s been sucking up my time.

As for the Honey Badger brace, the ATF opened a can of worms for sure, but Q seems like they’re gonna raise hell over it, and the truth is that we’re always dancing on the ATFs toes with things like braces, binary/echo triggers, and rifle-caliber pistols.
And opinion letters are opinions, not law, even as much as they like to pretend. Q can handle this.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nope, still making them and shipping them out on an irregular basis. Life has been chaos and my Boxer had health issues so that’s been sucking up my time.

As for the Honey Badger brace, the ATF opened a can of worms for sure, but Q seems like they’re gonna raise hell over it, and the truth is that we’re always dancing on the ATFs toes with things like braces, binary/echo triggers, and rifle-caliber pistols.
And opinion letters are opinions, not law, even as much as they like to pretend. Q can handle this.
View Quote

Q was very smart to let a law firm respond on their behalf.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nope, still making them and shipping them out on an irregular basis. Life has been chaos and my Boxer had health issues so that's been sucking up my time.

As for the Honey Badger brace, the ATF opened a can of worms for sure, but Q seems like they're gonna raise hell over it, and the truth is that we're always dancing on the ATFs toes with things like braces, binary/echo triggers, and rifle-caliber pistols.
View Quote
I emailed on 4/28 for a brace. Are there still quite a few ahead of me?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Red_McCloud

Hope your pup is getting better. Was [email protected] still the correct email? I sent an email 6/6, but I may have fudged the email address.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:38:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Send me a new one with your forum name, when I say I had multiple people a day messaging me regarding braces before, I meant it.

Quoted:

@Red_McCloud

Hope your pup is getting better. Was [email protected] still the correct email? I sent an email 6/6, but I may have fudged the email address.

Same for you, I’m trying to get to everyone but it’s definitely been a challenge
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The looseness was on purpose, originally the things fit hilariously tight and the tolerancing was either that or slightly loose, so I chose slightly loose just to make sure it fit right every time, instead of it having to be 'smoothed out' by being played with for quite a bit.

Holy hell, though, everyone's builds look great and I'm quite flattered by the reception! I've got about two left out of 15 I printed (planned to do 20 originally but decided against it due to being quite sick of dealing with the post office for the time being lmao) so if anybody wants them, you know where I am.
I'm already getting ideas for a 'Mk2' version based off some feedback, too, soooooo...
View Quote
thanks. Email sent.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Bumping this back up to the top
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#38]
These are awesome! Email sent!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Besides the ATF looking to make braces illegal?  I know it's "only" the honey badger one right now, but if you think they'll stop there you're fooling yourself.
View Quote

Your prediction was right.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't really think the ATF's decision whatever it will be will retroactively decide all braces must be registered or destroyed considering there's at least 10x more of them than there ever were and bump-fire stocks and considering how so many bump-fire stocks never ended up getting mulched but instead vanished... it's still all worrying though.
The worst-case scenario is they make it so grand-fathered braces are okay but new ones aren't.
But I'm no law student, just an aspiring engineer, so don't take my word for it.
But on that note, I've decided to sell off the rest of my braces and will likely make no more unless the ATF's pending 'recommendation' doesn't really change anything, the result I'm hoping for.
I got FOUR braces left and have lowered the prices of them down to $60 from $70 for them assembled.
Email is still [email protected] and I do plan on getting them all shipped right after Christmas (the 28th hopefully) with 1st class shipping (like always) so they can get out to people as fast as possible.

In case the ATF's decision ends up taking a big dump on braces overall, though... thank you all for believing in my little 3D-printed works, I dearly appreciate the trust and courage y'all've given me over the last year or so I've been producing these things. I found a niche and wanted to prove to myself that I had the skills to fill it, and the support I got from you guys showed me that I really did have those skills
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:28:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't really think the ATF's decision whatever it will be will retroactively decide all braces must be registered or destroyed considering there's at least 10x more of them than there ever were and bump-fire stocks and considering how so many bump-fire stocks never ended up getting mulched but instead vanished... it's still all worrying though.
The worst-case scenario is they make it so grand-fathered braces are okay but new ones aren't.
But I'm no law student, just an aspiring engineer, so don't take my word for it.
But on that note, I've decided to sell off the rest of my braces and will likely make no more unless the ATF's pending 'recommendation' doesn't really change anything, the result I'm hoping for.
I got FOUR braces left and have lowered the prices of them down to $60 from $70 for them assembled.
Email is still [email protected] and I do plan on getting them all shipped right after Christmas (the 28th hopefully) with 1st class shipping (like always) so they can get out to people as fast as possible.

In case the ATF's decision ends up taking a big dump on braces overall, though... thank you all for believing in my little 3D-printed works, I dearly appreciate the trust and courage y'all've given me over the last year or so I've been producing these things. I found a niche and wanted to prove to myself that I had the skills to fill it, and the support I got from you guys showed me that I really did have those skills
View Quote

msg inbound
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

msg inbound
View Quote

Good luck!  I have emailed him three times requesting to purchase a brace and have never heard back.  And NOW he posts that he has some leftover.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Email sent
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Good luck!  I have emailed him three times requesting to purchase a brace and have never heard back.  And NOW he posts that he has some leftover.
View Quote

I’ve been going through the backlog which is utterly massive, dude (20+ people last I checked, many of whom take weeks to reply) as much as I want I can’t get to everyone. But I’ll save one for you if you still want one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I have one of your braces and love it, ATF has pulled their comment request already. So currently there is no threat to braces going away.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-atf-withdraws-comment-request-on-pistol-brace-objective-factors-classification/
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have one of your braces and love it, ATF has pulled their comment request already. So currently there is no threat to braces going away.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-atf-withdraws-comment-request-on-pistol-brace-objective-factors-classification/
View Quote

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I gave up a long time ago too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, I gave up a long time ago too.
View Quote

Again, massive backlog of dozens of people, many of whom take WEEKS to reply.
I still have 2 braces left so if you email me with your arfcom name I’ll be reserving one for you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#49]
If you come up with any of your braces I would like one.  message or email me and I will get you covered.  I appreciate what you are doing  No hurry  Thanks. Brian
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Trying out something new, now...

Page / 12
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top