Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The plan is at least a 13.5" by  December. I wish I had better news. Only so much time and machines.
View Quote

Thanks Todd, you never cease to amaze me with your responsiveness, always excellent!! Once you advise me the new DA-7's are up, I'll be adding it to my cart with the currently sitting 12" keymod HG and barrel and execute my checkout.  Always a pleasure doing business with your company

Rick

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They're here Rick and thank you!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The plan is at least a 13.5" by  December. I wish I had better news. Only so much time and machines.

Thanks Todd, you never cease to amaze me with your responsiveness, always excellent!! Once you advise me the new DA-7's are up, I'll be adding it to my cart with the currently sitting 12" keymod HG and barrel and execute my checkout.  Always a pleasure doing business with your company

Rick

Kudos to you as well Todd for producing excellent product and even better CS
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

leche! even the Guam boys from Guam are getting in on this SLR goodness!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rick

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#6]
The pic on the front page is of a 12" rail on a 12.5" barrel?  Looks like there is enough clearance for a AAC 18T mount for my aging M42K.

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rick

dukduk ..on top of producing top rate product that is relevant and extremely reasonable in price, Todd has been extremely "Guam friendly" since day one and that makes a BIG difference when trying to find companies willing to ship to Guam.  Many refuse to ship to Guam, mistakenly thinking Guam is a "foreign country" and under ITAR restirictions, not being aware of the fact that Guam is the westernmost territory of the USA, is the ONLY part of America to have been occupied by foreign powers during WWII and is currently considered by DoD as "...the tip of the spear.." in National Security.  Many are also unaware of our islands patriotism, Guam having the distinction (and sadness) of having the highest casualty rate per capita for the VietNam Conflict...which is not because of bad soldiering, but because soldiers form Guam "lean into it" and volunteer, knowing full well what our freedom costs and what it takes to keep it free.  We've been there and we won't forget

Todd of SLR and Jayme of UCWRG are two companies that have been exceptional in providing Guam based customers QUALITY product at reasonable cost and superlative customer service and responsiveness.  I will send my dollars their way any day and recommend anyone give them a look-see before making purchasing decisions.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The pic on the front page is of a 12" rail on a 12.5" barrel?  Looks like there is enough clearance for a AAC 18T mount for my aging M42K.

Yes sir.

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats on clamp plate - makes a big critical difference to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Just received my 12" Intrepid KM along with the DA7-C & 16" barrel from Todd's shop.  I can honestly say the Intrepid and DA-7C are more than utilitarian pieces of metal, they are truly works of art .  I  had pretty high expectations, and I admittedly am surprised by how much those expectations have been surpassed.  Pictures on the web do not do these products justice, having them in hand amazes even a jaded old fart like myself.  

This has been one of those surprise buy's done on faith and a whim, but totally worth it now that I have the products in hand, kudos to you Todd, and keep it up, you will be seeing more of my hard earned dollars coming your way in the future

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks interesing, but the proprietary barrel nut is a fail for those of us who have 14.5" uppers with perm attached muzzle devices.
View Quote

The irony.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd like some weight information, please.

Still waiting...
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

yup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks interesing, but the proprietary barrel nut is a fail for those of us who have 14.5" uppers with perm attached muzzle devices.

I've never understood this outlook.  The fail is you're improper rail selection prior to perm. attaching your muzzle device.  Besides Adco can remove you're muzzle device and install another if you really have to have this rail.

All of the proprietary barrel nuts exist for a reason.  Attaching a FF rail to a stock barrel isn't the best idea and that's why there's only a limited number of rails that attach to a stock barrel nut.  The Midwest Indestries 2-pc quad rail is one of them and it's one of the few with a solid mount up design.
yup.

and double yup!

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

and double yup!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never understood this outlook.  The fail is you're improper rail selection prior to perm. attaching your muzzle device.  Besides Adco can remove you're muzzle device and install another if you really have to have this rail.

All of the proprietary barrel nuts exist for a reason.  Attaching a FF rail to a stock barrel isn't the best idea and that's why there's only a limited number of rails that attach to a stock barrel nut.  The Midwest Indestries 2-pc quad rail is one of them and it's one of the few with a solid mount up design.
yup.

and double yup!

In on the yups!
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In on the yups!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

yup.

and double yup!

In on the yups!

...I can see where many might jump to a conclusion like this, but before posting a negative "opinion" about this, one should check if the proprietary barrel nut will slip over the particular muzzle device first.  The ID of any barrel nut could be larger than the OD of some muzzle devices marketed today.  As one poster alluded, "pre-planning" the build and purchase could eliminate these disruptions.  If you have a 14.5 w/PA device, why not just go with a 16" ?  Most muzzle devices are in the 1.0" - 2.25" range and aside from selecting one for it's apparance as opposed to its function, there should be no real reason to get a 14.5" tube an PA a muzzled device to it if your locale doesn't allow NFA SBR's....

Todd's product is good, if it doesn't meet your needs, look at it and then move on, no need to dump on it.  Everyone has an opinion, just as they have another thing...don't be the other thing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#18]
As a rule, I'm just not into proprietary parts.  

I like the latest-greatest as much as the next guy--I put an NSR on my 6920 because it was SO light and had a nice narrow O.D.

But for the latest (and future) 14.5" builds, I just did a standard barrel nut--offers me more options down the road.
Even if a lot of companies are going to proprietary barrel nuts, plenty of innovative companies out there will always figure out ways to make strong standard barrel nut handguards (MI, Fortis, Centurion Arms, etc.).  I can't explain why I like 14.5" middies--but being around M4s and SBRs, 16" just looks and feels odd to me.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#19]
As a rule, I'm just not into proprietary parts.  

I like the latest-greatest as much as the next guy--I put an NSR on my 6920 because it was SO light and had a nice narrow O.D. (and I was looking at the 7" SLR for a .22LR pistol build, but the barrel is 1" diameter, so that is a no-go on some barrel nuts).

But for the latest (and future) 14.5" builds, I just did a standard barrel nut--offers me more options down the road.
Even if a lot of companies are going to proprietary barrel nuts, plenty of innovative companies out there will always figure out ways to make strong standard barrel nut handguards (MI, Fortis, Centurion Arms, etc.).  I can't explain why I like 14.5" middies--but being around M4s and SBRs, 16" just looks and feels odd to me.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Huh  ive seen that somewhere before

Oh thats right Geisseles Super Mod rail

http://geissele.com/supermodularrail.aspx

Make up some stuff on CAD and CNC it up to make a quick buck before a lawsuit I guess
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Is it just my browser or did the cc processing functionality go all healthcare.gov?   I'm trying to checkout with 2 x 12" intrepid handguards and it just says processing.  I guess all the cc processors are probably getting hammered on black Friday morning.

Edit: disregard, I'm incapable of copying my cc numbers into a text box correctly.  Works fine.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Must resist the temptation!
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd like to see some weights posted on your website...
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#25]
When will the 12" be back in stock?
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#27]
what is the weight of the 10" ?
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Love my 12" intrepid. Super light and feels great in the hand. Any plans on making rails for AR-10 DPMS platforms??
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Great products, great service, good folks to do business with.

I have bought numerous Intrepid hand guards in several lengths, and am very satisfied with the quality workmanship, fit , finish.... you name it!!!  Just put in an order for several DA7 adjustable gas blocks. Looking forward to putting them on some of my 300BLK builds.

Todd, keep up the great work and service.

Cheers !!!! Happy Holidays !!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top