Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 4
Next Page
4/6/2010 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my barrel today but to my dismay, didnt check my upper for M4 feedramps first.  If Superior Barrels wonderblue finish cannot be filed then I may have to pony up another $100 for a flat top upper without the feedramps and save the colt upper for another build.  Looks real nice though, the depth of the flutes cannot be captured by camera, and you have to pick the barrel up to realize just how much weight savings they give you.  Im happy, about $500 and Ill be able to give a range report.



4/7/2010 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
here it is, over $1300 and about a year of slowly collecting the parts to do it.







hitting the 100yd range in the a.m.



specs:

superior barrels 20" hoplite lw50 hard blued w/ matched bolt

set screw fsb

bcm a2 flash hider

bcm upper receiver

lmt bolt carrier

colt m4 carry handle

daniel defense m4 12" rail

rock river arms lower

rock river arms fcg

bushmaster a2 butt stock

3 - kac 11 rib rail panels

gg&g sling attachment

m1907 sling



i have a burris 2-7x32 ff tac2 scope that i'm going to mount on this rifle for now. i'll be on the lookout for a leupold mk4 in the future as funds become available, my other thought was a super sniper 10x with a mini dot on a side mount. the burris is a sweet little scope but i've got over $1300 tied up into this bad boy, why not get some quality optics for it. the other upgrade that will for sure happen in the near future is a two stage fcg.



i can't wait till tomorrow to see how it does, i'll be shooting open sights and using some prvi 75gr otm.













4/7/2010 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
here it is, over $1300 and about a year of slowly collecting the parts to do it.

hitting the 100yd range in the a.m.

specs:
superior barrels 20" hoplite lw50 hard blued w/ matched bolt
set screw fsb
bcm a2 flash hider
bcm upper receiver
lmt bolt carrier
colt m4 carry handle
daniel defense m4 12" rail
rock river arms lower
rock river arms fcg
bushmaster a2 butt stock
3 - kac 11 rib rail panels
gg&g sling attachment
m1907 sling

i have a burris 2-7x32 ff tac2 scope that i'm going to mount on this rifle for now. i'll be on the lookout for a leupold mk4 in the future as funds become available, my other thought was a super sniper 10x with a mini dot on a side mount. the burris is a sweet little scope but i've got over $1300 tied up into this bad boy, why not get some quality optics for it. the other upgrade that will for sure happen in the near future is a two stage fcg.

i can't wait till tomorrow to see how it does, i'll be shooting open sights and using some prvi 75gr otm.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq293/badka2ma/6582118d.jpg
http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq293/badka2ma/IMAG0066.jpg





Nice looking rifle you've got there. Let us know how she shoots if you get a chance. The more I see of these rifles the more antsy I get to complete my build.
4/7/2010 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I left the OPS Flash hider at home

I got the upper from Rapter22


Quoted:
I might say this looks like an Mk12 Mod1 sort of setup.  No Ops Inc, but a gas block, with a KAC low pro front sight.  Maybe a re-barrel?




4/7/2010 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I left the OPS Flash hider at home

I got the upper from Rapter22


Quoted:
I might say this looks like an Mk12 Mod1 sort of setup.  No Ops Inc, but a gas block, with a KAC low pro front sight.  Maybe a re-barrel?






That was a personally owned upper you were able to use right?  What was the process to do so?
4/7/2010 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I use to have a   typical  A4 type DMR clone. but I have found you can do the same thing with a FF 16 inch barrel. if this doesnt fit the thread OP tell me and I will remove, but this is my DMR rifle/GP rifel



4/9/2010 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use to have a   typical  A4 type DMR clone. but I have found you can do the same thing with a FF 16 inch barrel. if this doesnt fit the thread OP tell me and I will remove, but this is my DMR rifle/GP rifel

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/shawnmt6601/6940only/001-2.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/shawnmt6601/6940only/002-6.jpg


Personally, I will let you slide even though, the picture does not fit the thread title, but only because of this...




Another interesting picture...A pre-KAC gas block SAM-R

4/19/2010 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Just waiting on an ACOG at this point...




4/23/2010 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is what I have rounded up over the last few months via the EE to build a fairly close squad designated marksman build.
I have been trying to find a used Dd m4 12.0 to no avail so I broke down and got a Yhm ff rail coming to hold me over. I am hoping to
have finished pics, and a range report sometime around the first or second weekend in May!!!!!





I still need :
match trigger
flash hider
bcg
buis / carry handle
gas tube and pin
tear drop forward assist
upk
MATCH AMMO !!!!!!!
5/13/2010 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Just wanted to know about the real SDM-R barrels, are they made by the army's marksmenship unit armores, or is it outsourced by superior barrels or others, etc, etc, etc?   I'm interested in a build and superior seems the way to go. Anyone else have anymore pics to contribute to this thread, please share....  Also what type of optics are most SDM-R using, I know its an ACOG, but which one in particular.
5/13/2010 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just wanted to know about the real SDM-R barrels, are they made by the army's marksmenship unit armores, or is it outsourced by superior barrels or others, etc, etc, etc?   I'm interested in a build and superior seems the way to go. Anyone else have anymore pics to contribute to this thread, please share....  Also what type of optics are most SDM-R using, I know its an ACOG, but which one in particular.


no - all the SDMs I've seen wore Douglas barrels and the AMU has their own CNC machines
I am not sure about Superior Barrels' capabilities as they remain a bit elusive about it. From what I gather they don't do any machine work on barrels, they apply some sort of coating.
5/14/2010 6:49:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wanted to know about the real SDM-R barrels, are they made by the army's marksmenship unit armores, or is it outsourced by superior barrels or others, etc, etc, etc?   I'm interested in a build and superior seems the way to go. Anyone else have anymore pics to contribute to this thread, please share....  Also what type of optics are most SDM-R using, I know its an ACOG, but which one in particular.


no - all the SDMs I've seen wore Douglas barrels and the AMU has their own CNC machines


I confirmed this with CLE, they did not cut the SDM-R barrels, but they did cut barrels for the USMC.
5/29/2010 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Just finished my SDM build. Hope to get it to the range for the intial sight in tomorrow. I was very torn between the SDM and a mk12 type, but ended up going with the SDM due to the iron sights. I will primarily be using a 2-8x leupold mk4 scope, but on some occasions enjoy shooting irons.

Here is my take on the SDM rifle:
BCM upper
BCM charging handle
BCM BCG
DD 12.0 m4 rail
douglas 20" stainless barrel cut to sdm specs by CLE
CLE set screw fsb
smith vortex (aac blackout to come in the future when I get my can)
Colt carry handle

Lower:
Armalite stripped lower
DD LPK
Gieselle SSA trigger





5/31/2010 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice build, looks great. Now you just need a trip to the range to break in that barrel. Let us know how she shoots and keep this thread going.
5/31/2010 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Its kinda ironic that I started this thread, but have yet to complete my build. Its my own fault I guess, but setbacks have occured and money doesn't grow on trees unless your name is Uncle Sugar. I guess I'll just get on-line to drool somemore....lol.
5/31/2010 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#16]
SDM-R inspired.

6/3/2010 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#17]
I have to have one now.

Stone
6/3/2010 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#18]
you guys have some great looking stuff.  thanks
6/6/2010 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice set up wtchdr4011, if anyone else has more pics they would like to share please post them.
6/8/2010 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Talking a walk in South Dakota...


6/8/2010 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#21]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:

....................

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/m1ajunkie/100_1559.jpg

..................


nice little pinky hold there.  delicate camera?

6/8/2010 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:

....................

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/m1ajunkie/100_1559.jpg

..................


nice little pinky hold there.  delicate camera?



Still trying to nail down the correct form for using a camera. Funny thing is, I didn't even know I held the pinky up until you pointed it out.
6/9/2010 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#23]


6/15/2010 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Made it to the 300 yard range today for the first time with my new SDM build pictured a few post up. Got a good zero at 50 yards and then moved back to 200 where I made no adjustments. Shot a couple groups there and shot a golf ball 2 times out of 4 shots. Then moved back to 300 and shot this group before the weather put an end to the shooting for the day. The first group I fired was the 5 shots just below the neck of the target. I was aiming at the left shoot n c, there was a steady left to right breeze which explains the shots being off to the right. I then adjusted 2 moa down and fired the two shots just outside the black at 4 o clock. The two hits above the right shoot and see were from a friend. Overall I am very pleased with what it appears this rifle is capable of. Had the weather not moved in, I would have got a good 300 yard zero and fired a 10 round group.



Just before the huge thunderstorm

8/14/2010 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone used the BCM 20" SS410 barrels for an SDM build?
8/14/2010 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Made it to the 300 yard range today for the first time with my new SDM build pictured a few post up.


I am unfamiliar with this range.  Where is it in Georgia?
8/14/2010 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Has anyone used the BCM 20" SS410 barrels for an SDM build?


Sounds like a good idea.
8/14/2010 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#28]
double tap.

Stone
8/14/2010 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Made it to the 300 yard range today for the first time with my new SDM build pictured a few post up.


I am unfamiliar with this range.  Where is it in Georgia?


Creekside range just west of cartersville.

Creekside range

A great place to go shoot. Monday and Tuesday the range is open out to 300 yards for non members and wednesday I believe the range is opened up to 500 yards. Also many competitions are held each month. Well worth the drive in my opinion and I live about 15 minutes from RBGC.
8/17/2010 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll have to visit.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 4
Next Page
AR Sponsor