Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2024 8:43:54 AM EDT
I was looking into 6mm arc and noticed hornady is the only company producing ammo for it. I understand that they were the ones that came with the cartridge but I would have expected by now for other ammo companies to have picked it up. Has hornady just not released the rights to other companies or do other companies just not feel it’s worth it to add it to their line ups?
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a SAAMI cartridge, so anyone can make it. Hornady doesn't control this.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Black Hills is loading ammo for it.

I expect 6 ARC and 22 ARC will take a little time for companies like Nammo, Federal, Winchester to start making it. Maybe even a similar timeline to 6.5 grendel where it took several years for it to have enough market pull to motivate the companies to do so. Neither of these cartridges are really marketed to the hunting communities where the traditional ammo manufactures see opportunity to load many different combos (see Hornady's other PRC and creedmoor offerings taking off very quickly). For comparison for a similar cartridge, the 224 Valkyrie, Hornady was the only other manufacturer outside of federal to support the round for a few years.

I could see Federal offering a GMM loaded with some Berger bullets in the future.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]
There are a few smaller companies offering loadings I think, and PSA/AAC is also planning on bringing some out at some point I believe. Hopefully by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Druid Hill Armory is selling 6 ARC and 6.5 Grendel ammo using Starline brass.   The reviews have been positive for Druid Hill Armory.   I don’t buy much facyory rifle ammo as I load my own.   Last time I was at Scheels they had about every variety of Hornady 6 ARC and 6.5 Grendel ammo.

https://www.druidhillarmory.com/store1/6mm-ARC-c153367752
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve tried the Black Hills 103 and the Hornady 105 and 108.

My Noveske barrel prefers the 105 Hornady.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top